Boasting push-to-talk capabilities, the Kyocera DuraPlus, an ultra-rugged candybar phone, allows you to instantly connect with compatible devices at the push of a button. Moreover, being resistant to water, dust, and shock, this Kyocera cell phone can easily survive tough environment conditions. The powerful 1,650 mAh battery of the Kyocera DuraPlus gives you a talktime of 9.5 hours. With a sturdy, front-ported speakerphone, this ultra-rugged candybar phone ensures you get clear and loud sound, even in extremely noisy places. The built-in LED flashlight of this Kyocera cell phone helps you see better in unlit areas and also helps in the event of a power outage.
Built to military standard 810G for resistance to dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes.
LED Flashlight with dedicated button.
Kyocera DuraPlus Overview
The Kyocera DuraPlus is the 3rd offering in the Sprint Direct Connect Kyocera Dura Series. As with the DuraMax and DuraCore, this phone can take the abuse of harsh working conditions, built to military standard 810G for resistance to dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, humidity, blowing rain and even immersion. The first SDC handset in a bar form factor and external charging contacts lends itself to use in mobile car kits. The embedded LED flashlight allows you to get the job done when you find yourself in low-light conditions. The multi-pin connector allows the customer to use heavy duty remote speaker mics. This phone is the ultimate tool for people in hard working industries such as construction and transportation, but can keep anyone connected with the speed of Sprint 3G.
Essential in the Elements
- Sprint Direct Connect – next-generation push-to-talk (PTT) powered by Sprint’s broadband CDMA network
- Rugged design – Military Standard 810G rugged for dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, blowing rain, low pressure, solar radiation, salt fog, humidity, and immersion for up to 30 minutes in up to 1 meter (3.28 ft) of water
- Additional connectors for a remote speaker microphone and charging bay (optional accessories not included)
- Robust, front-ported speakerphone for excellent sound quality in noisy environments
- LED Flashlight with dedicated button
- Non-camera phone for jobs where cameras are prohibited
- Encased in a rubber, non-slip Dura-Grip material for sure hold and extra durability
- Ultra-efficient display produces superior brightness and contrast using less power, making it ideal in outdoor settings
- Flat, stable bottom for freestanding operation
- Autonomous GPS and Java MVM to support 3rd party apps
- Limit Use – a great tool for business managers that restricts users from utilizing certain functions on the phone
- Sprint Mobile Sync – add and edit all your contacts and groups, including TeamDC groups, online. Also allows you to transfer contacts to a new phone and erase contact information from a lost phone.
- Bluetooth connectivity 2.0 + EDR (includes support for Bluetooth capable PTT headsets and barcode scanners)
- Browser-based email for access to POP3 and IMAP accounts
- Weight: 6.67 ounces (189 grams)
- Size: 5.28 x 2.17 x 0.93 in (134.0 x 55.0 x 23.5 mm)
- Talk Time: Up to 9.5 hours
Water resistant for up to 30 minutes in up to 1 meter (3.28 ft) of water.
Fast 3G network: A connectivity provides average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps, with peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
Sprint Direct Connect
- Group Connect - Connect instantly with up to 20 other Direct Connect users at the same time – on the fly or online.** See connected members displayed during a Group Connect call.
**Users currently cannot include Direct Connect users with Nextel phones in their Group Connect calls.
- TeamDCSMand Opt-in Team DC - Nationwide group calling with up to 200 other Direct Connect users with Sprint phones.
- Availability Notification - Enables Direct Connect users to request the "available" status of another DC user. If the caller places a PTT call and the target user is not available, the sender can choose to be notified when the target becomes available.
- Single Number Option - Make your Direct Connect number and wireless number the same.
- One-Touch Direct Connect - Program the DC button to call a specific contact or the most recent DC number with one press of the button.
- Sprint Direct Connect, Sprint Navigation, Sprint Family Locator, Sprint Workforce Locator, NextMail
*Additional fees may apply
Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA), also known as CMAS, is a part of a national alerting system called IPAWS (Integrated Public Alert and Warning System) that enables emergency management officials to rapidly disseminate the warnings and safety information via text alerts to wireless phones based on the phones’ geographic location. The Federal Emergency Management Agency or FEMA is responsible for receiving the alerting information and forwarding the alerts to participating wireless carriers such as Sprint. Such alerts may come from the President of the United States; the National Weather Service, state or county public safety officials. This system is integrated into the same national alerting services that serve television and radio today.