5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone
I was looking for a phone that has good reception when making and receiving calls, durable, looked good, and didn't require a data plan and this phone turned out to be perfect. I don't understand how this phone got 3 negative reviews. I haven't use it very much since I just received it but so far the call/sound quality, display, and texting all seem to be working great!
Published 18 months ago by Frank11

1.0 out of 5 stars Phone is decent, but Sprint Direct Connect SUCKS
Published on September 12, 2012 by PapaGrande

1.0 out of 5 stars Phone is decent, but Sprint Direct Connect SUCKS, September 12, 2012
This review is from: Kyocera DuraPlus, Black (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
The Kyocera DuraPlus Phone is decent to mediocre at best. It's best point is that it's rugged. It can take a drop and keep working. The problem is that, in San Antonio, TX, at least, Sprint Direct Connect SUCKS. It's anything but a direct connection. When it works, the audio is often garbled. More time than not, however, it fails to connect at all. This is a great disappointment because we were told that it was as good as the NexTel the 10 DuraPlus phones were replacing. Sadly, we are stuck for another 18 or so months. My recommendation...DON'T BUY THIS PHONE OR THE SPRINT DIRECT CONNECT SERVICE!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, May 16, 2013
This review is from: Kyocera DuraPlus, Black (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)

1.0 out of 5 stars Direct connect is JUNK 99 out of 100 time doesn't work, December 10, 2012
This review is from: Kyocera DuraPlus, Black (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Only thing it has going for it is the ruggedness and the phone and it volume is very loud other then that the radio is horrible. I own the DuraPlus and the DuraXT The radio barely ever works and you call tech support they tell you we know about and are working on it. Problem is nationwide and blow you off with no answers. I been hearing that for 5 months The radio is useless. Migrated over from Nextel to the new Sprint towers. Was a Nextel customer from 1998 till 2012 14 years until they started shutting down the Nextel towers in Miami with no service in many areas. The Nextel radio worked perfect for years. The new Sprint radio SUCKS! Different format. Might as well not even have it. It's useless junk. Doesn't work like a Nextel radio did. I heard they are are phasing the radios out. Only like 4 models to choose from. Only one of them is a smart phone. On the DuraXT & Plus I have the Push to talk button (PTT) for the radio it is so light to the touch in my pocket or in my hand I constantly push it. It locks the phone up into the radio mode looking to call whoever was in your display last. Then it beeps. Such a poor design. The Motorola phone you had to push them harder. Last time I talk to BOOST they have no radio phone available for sale. Unless you need a heavy duty phone don't buy it. Radio is useless. Kyocera is no Motorola!

1.0 out of 5 stars Durable But Unreliable, February 28, 2013
This review is from: Kyocera DuraPlus, Black (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
The company I work for bought these phones for us. I'm not sure if the phone is a piece of junk, Sprint service or a combination of the two but either way, I would not buy this phone or use Sprint for my personal use. The phone almost never works and the PPT is even worse. I will say though that this phone is definataly durable as advertised. There has been countless times that I have chucked this phone at a wall or other solid surface and the phone still functions with no scratches or cracks, amazing durability!

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent phone, August 15, 2014
This review is from: Kyocera DuraPlus, Black (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
It is an older phone but does the job.

1.0 out of 5 stars STUPID PRODUCT, May 26, 2014
This review is from: Kyocera DuraPlus, Black (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I haven't bought this but im just saying why would you want an ugly phone like this that costs $200 when you can get like a iphone4 or galaxy or samsung type phone like I wouldnt pay this.