The Kyocera Milano features a sleek slyder style design. Some of the main features on this Android Smartphone include GPS, bluetooth, USB, Wi-Fi, voice dialing, touch screen, memory card slot, email, MMS, text messaging, music player, 3 megapixel camera, streaming video, video capture, games, speakerphone and much more
Get all the benefits of an Android-powered smartphone at an affordable price with the Kyocera Milano from Sprint, which boasts fast mobile broadband via Sprint's reliable 3G network and the latest Android operating system (2.3 Gingerbread). It also features Sprint ID--an intuitive way of customizing Android content (learn more below).
At a Glance:
- 3G connectivity
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 800 MHz processor
- 3-inch touchscreen
- 2 GB microSD card
- 3.2-MP camera/camcorder
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Personal/corporate e-mail
Enjoy the Internet without compromise with the full HTML browser and support for Adobe Flash as well as streaming YouTube videos on the 3-inch touchscreen display. And when you want to send a text or update your Facebook profile, you can do it quickly with the side-sliding QWERTY keyboard.
Affordable Android power with touchscreen and slide-out QWERTY keyboard (see larger image).
Capture high-resolution images with the 3.2-megapixel camera with digital zoom, and create your own video clips and easily share them with family and friends. You'll be able to access your personal e-mail from well-known providers like AOL, Windows Live including MSN and Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo! and more, as well as connect to corporate e-mail with support for Exchange ActiveSync.
Other features include ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, memory expansion via optional microSD cards up to 32 GB in size (a 2 GB card is included), speakerphone, and up to 7.65 hours of talk time.
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The Kyocera Milano runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread) which features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming email and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
A new onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The Kyocera Milano also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day, including Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps with Navigation, Google Calendar, Picasa, and YouTube. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
The Kyocera Milano weighs 5.6 ounces and measures 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.7 inches. Its 1490 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 7.65 hours of talk time. It runs on the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
Kyocera Milano handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, 2 GB microSD card (with adapter), quick start guide
Make your phone a reflection of who you are with Sprint ID, which helps you get the most out of your phone by allowing you to choose a total experience for your device. You'll be able to quickly download ID packs that deliver a predefined experience--including applications, widgets, ringtones and wallpapers--all at once. Packs are designed to meet your interests--whether you're a sports fan, fitness fanatic, or auto enthusiast.
Just a few of the Sprint ID packages.
And the catalog of Sprint ID experiences will grow and expand--it's a marketplace full of experiences just for you. Choose from a single experience or many--it's about customizing your phone with the information you want in the palm of your hand. Here are a few examples of currently available Sprint ID packs:
- Entertainment ID: Features a host of fun video, music, photo and news apps including Facebook, Celebrity Tweets, Pandora, Shazam, Rhapsody, E! Online and more.
- Socially Connected: A customized experience for keeping users connected with friends on-the-go. Pack includes: Facebook, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, Mashable, Tweetcaster, YouTube, and more.
- Health and Fitness: Features all the best wellness related resources for eating right, staying fit and tracking users' progress with the ability to customize to their specific interests and goals. Pack includes: Workout Coach, Fitness Tips, Calorie Counter, BMI Calculator and more.
- Business Productivity: The perfect solution for busy professionals who want to stay connected, entertained and informed on-the-go. This pack features all the best tools to assist with travel plans, organization, communication and more.
Broadband-like 3G network: Supporting the EV-DO Rev. A high-speed data standard, this phone enables you to download and stream high-quality video, straight onto your phone. Where coverage is available, EV-DO Rev. A connectivity provides average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps, with peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
Sprint TV enabled: With Sprint TV, you can make your cell phone your always-on source for news, weather, sports and more. This comprehensive video service combines high-quality streaming audio and video from channels including ABC, Fox, NBC, The Weather Channel, ESPN Mobile, SyFy, and more.
Stay Sporty with Sprint: With NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile, instantly connect to the NASCAR information you want, when you want it. Follow NASCAR action from practice to race day with real-time leaderboard and alerts. Get exclusive access to your favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver with real-time driver stats, breaking news and more. Live in-car audio, race radio, NASCAR on SPEED and other audio/video only available on select phones. Visit sprint.com/speed for details.
This phone also provides access to Sprint Football Live--free for any phone with a data plan. Stay on top of every game with real-time red zone alerts, game center scores, stats, and more. Manage your fantasy football team like a pro with up-to-the-minute insights, analysis, stats and alerts
- 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) (peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps)
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Integrated Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
- Android 2.3 OS (Gingerbread)
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 800 MHz single-core processor
- 3-inch touchscreen display (240 x 320 pixels; 262K color depth)
- Side-sliding QWERTY keyboard
- MicroUSB port
- Removable battery
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 2 GB included microSD card
- 512 MB internal memory
- 512 MB RAM
- 3.2-megapixel camera with digital zoom
- Video capture capabilities
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+/eAAC+
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, WMV, H.264, H.263
- Access to Sprint TV
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication (full duplex).
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: rated M3 /T3 and M4/T4
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.
Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA), also known as CMAS, is a part of a national alerting system called IPAWS (Integrated Public Alert and Warning System) that enables emergency management officials to rapidly disseminate the warnings and safety information via text alerts to wireless phones based on the phones’ geographic location. The Federal Emergency Management Agency or FEMA is responsible for receiving the alerting information and forwarding the alerts to participating wireless carriers such as Sprint. Such alerts may come from the President of the United States; the National Weather Service, state or county public safety officials. This system is integrated into the same national alerting services that serve television and radio today.