Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Flavor: Carrot Cake|Size: 1.6 OZ|Change

on February 3, 2012
Tropical Fruit Tart
5 Stars
This bar is very refreshing with a wonderful fruit and citrus flavor and soft chewy texture.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
2 Stars
I'm not a fan of this flavor. The bar would be much better without the chocolate chips that somehow leave a funny aftertaste.

Coconut Cream Pie
5 Stars
Oh my I do love coconut, and this bar was better then I expected it to be. Wonderful texture and not too chewy. This would be a great replacement for the raspberry coconut zingers I'm addicted to!

Cinnamon Roll
3 Stars
This one didn't blow me away or disappoint so I am giving it an average review. The bar was a little harder then I would have preferred and the Cinnamon flavor could have been stronger. It should just be called Cinnamon as it does not have any flavors that could hint as being a healthy bar flavored like a cinnamon roll. If you like cinnamon you will probably like this bar but if you are indifferent to cinnamon I would skip this one.

Cashew Cookie
3 Stars
This one's ok... Good texture, not nearly the amount of cashew flavor I expected for something called "Cashew Cookie", and it almost had a stale flavor even though it was eaten well before the best by date.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
5 Stars
This bar definitely hit my sweet tooth. Great texture, no funny aftertaste like some of the other chocolate Larabar flavors and I would definitely put this on the list of candy bar replacements!

Pecan Pie
5 Stars
Not overwhelmingly sweet, great pecan pie flavor, perfect soft, slightly chewy texture.

Lemon Bar
5 Stars
Very nice Lemon flavor and a wonderful chewy texture that reminds you of an actual Lemon Bar! The Lemon lingers in your mouth quite a while.

Banana Bread
1 Star
This bar was bitter. There's only 3 ingredients: Almonds, Dates, and Unsweetened bananas. Well bananas are naturally sweet so what was so bitter in this bar? Some people might not find this as bad as I did, but I couldn't get past the first bite.

Apple Pie
5 Stars
Another favorite flavor. It tastes like apple pie with a few nuts. It's just perfect.

Ginger Snap
5 Stars
Wonderful Ginger snap cookie taste! This is probably the sweetest one I've tried. Good texture, chewy and crunchy, and delicious.

Peanut Butter & Jelly
3 Stars
This bar had a great texture but only a so-so flavor. I would not purchase a full box of these bars, but I would pick it over some of the others if I had a limited choice.

Key Lime Pie
5 Stars
This was a nutty bar, which is to be expected, but the subtle hint of lime was delightful. I could stand to use even more lime flavor but the soft chewy texture and lime flavor make this one of my favorites.

UPDATE w/Additional Flavors:

Blueberry Muffin
5 Stars
Oh, I think I've found a new favorite! This bar has a wonderfully rich blueberry flavor without being too sweet and it reminds me of a Blueberry Oatmeal Muffin.

Chocalate Coconut Chew
3 Stars
As a huge fan of the Coconut Cream I had high hopes for this bar but after eating it the only thing I could say was "Where's the coconut?!" I definitley missed the coconut texture and flavor. The chocolate flavor of this bar however was not too sweet, not overpowering, and overall the bar will suffice for a chocolate lovers craving.
2323 comments|734 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2007
Some people say these are a high fat , high calorie , high glycemic , glorified candybar. I say otherwise. Concerning fat, not all fats are equal , some being healthy . Since this bar is raw all of the fat,protein and sugar have not been denatured which means you get the full health benefit. As far as being high calorie , considering how nutrient dense these babies are I don't consider 200 calories high in calories at all. For me 200 calories is a perfect number allowing it to be used an nutrient dense snack or a quick meal on the go.

Concerning these supposedly being high glycemic , sure , if you were to eat the dates in these by themselves it would be , but the nuts in them bring the glycemic load of the entire bar way down , which is another benefit of the healthy fats in these bars , it allows for the sugars to be released slower and for it to digest slower making you feel full and satisfied longer.

As far as these not being any better than a candybar I say noway! No preservatives, no high fructose corn syrup , etc, in these babies , just a healthy combo of fruit and nuts. How many nutrients does a candybar have ? Now look at the nutrient in these , loaded with minerals . Also, unlike many other foods these aren't naturally low in nutrients and then "fortified" with man made vitamins and minerals to make them then appear healthy. All the nutrients in these are naturally occuring which gives you the benefits in a synergistic way where other healthy compounds such as flavonoids and phenols work together with naturally occurring vitamins and minerals.

People need to let go of the old dogma which makes them think all fat is bad but if it's sugar free then it MUST be good. If that were true then cotton candy , pepsi and skittles would all be great for ya !Fruit and nuts makes for a good healthy breakfast or snack. I'll eat my greens/green smoothies in the other meals of the day. A person shouldn't eat only fruit and nuts during the day but they shouldn't only eat greens either . These bars help make it easy to strike a balance in your diet on the go. Larabars, Pure bars , SmartMonkey bars and ThinkOrganic bars are all healthy brands of raw bars that amazon sells and all worth a try . Experiment and see what flavors you like best , or make your own !
1515 comments|593 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2015
If you like snacks and haven't tried a Larabar yet, you're missing out. They're tasty, gluten-free, and are actually pretty healthy for you. Larabar is a delicious blend of unsweetened fruits, nuts, and spices. And more importantly, it's made from whole food and as close to the natural state as possible.

I prefer the bars that are more fruity, like banana bread, apple pie, and key lime pie. Or maybe I just like pie...

And my favorite bar is blueberry muffin. It's real fruity, rich, and just tastes great. You've got blueberries, cashews, dates, lemon, and vanilla. Did you know blueberry is the most popular muffin flavor in the U.S.? People love blueberries.

Larabars are great for on the go (I gorge on these while hiking), at the office when you're in need of a pick-me-up, sending with lunch for your kid, and pretty much anything. The bars are portable and small enough to stick in pockets without being bulky.

And there are so many flavors to choose from!
on July 29, 2006
These bars are one of my favorites. They are the lowest in calories of all the Larabars, too. The cherry pie bar contains just Dates, Almonds, and Unsweetened Cherries. Total calories = 190. Total fat = 9 gm. No sodium. Total carbs = 24g (4g fiber, 17g sugars)
33 comments|130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2015
I first started buying Larabars when I did Whole30 back in January. These are really one of the only approved bars you can eat on Whole30 as the ingedients are simply dates, coconut, almonds, cashews, and coconut oil. If you've never tasted a date, they are very sweet and have an almost caramel quality to them. This bar is simply macerated dates and nuts pressed into a bar and the coconut oil gives it a nice coconut taste. Yes, these are sweet, and no, they are not sugar free. There is no ADDED sugar, but dates have plenty of sugar in them. They are also not low in calories -- they pack in over 200 calories, but, they are great for a midday snack on a day you know you may not be getting meals in, and I love them before a good workout. It could also be a candy bar replacement if you are a fiend for the things. The Coconut Cream Pie is my favorite. It's sweet, chewy, and I LOVE the coconut flavor.

If you're looking for a whole food product with simple ingredients, these are the bars for you. They come in lots of flavors, and I've reviewed each flavor separately.
on March 17, 2015
We just discovered Larabars and we love them. There are a lot of flavors to choose from, but we have our favorites. We tried several flavors -- some we really liked, and some we did not like. They are made with real nuts and fruits.

We follow a Paleo diet and these flavors have ingredients that fit within the paleo diet, and are also delicious:
Pecan Pie - My favorite and not very sweet. Contains ONLY dates, almonds, and pecans
Apple Pie - Close enough to apple pie. Contains dates, almonds, unsweetend apples,walnuts, raisins, and cinnamon
Blueberry Muffin - Closest you can get to this flavor without grains. Contains dates, cashews, unsweetened, blueberries, juice concentrate from real blueberries and lemon, and vanilla extract
Cashew Cookie - My second favorite. Contains ONLY TWO ingredients, which are cashews and dates
Cherry Pie - Contains dates, almonds, unsweetened cherries
Lemon Bar - Simple flavor. Contains dates, cashews, almonds and juice concentrate from real lemon

Other good flavors that are not perfectly paleo (because of sugars in the chocolate chips):
Chocolate Chip Brownie
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Because we follow a paleo diet, we keep away from the flavors with peanuts (peanuts are legumes and are avoided on a paleo diet). Because of personal preference, we do not like the bars with coconut in them, although coconut is good for paleo.

If you follow a paleo diet, get the bars that I recommended above. For ingredient details for each flavor, refer to the Larabar website: http://shop.larabar.com/LARABAR/c/LaraBar@LaraBar
on January 15, 2005
Wow, I just had my first Larabar today after a long run, and I have been blown away. As of late my preference has been for protein bars, but I had picked up a Larabar a few months ago just because it looked interesting.

I tried the "banana cookie dough" flavor, since I'm a banana nut. Unwrapping the package was difficult, though I've since found out that they have a multi-layer wrapper because there are no preservatives. Once open, I was confronted with a raw looking rectangle of brown with pale chunks in it. It looked moist and smelled phenomenal. The first bite made me think "banana bread", and as I ate the rest of the bar I decided it wasn't quite like banana bread, but closer to that than a "cookie", in any case. The pale chunks were the #1 ingredient - almonds. The #2 and #3 ingredients were dates and bananas, respectively. The #4 ingredient was.... nothing. There are only 3 ingredients. I actually flipped the wrapper over to see the continuation of the ingredients list before I realized that there was no more list!

These bars are a little expensive for a non-protein energy bar, but the taste is like nothing you would expect from a brown rectangular smashed together food thing. Its simply incredible, and now I have to go back and purchase the other flavors to try them out, too.
VINE VOICEon July 31, 2006
Read about Larabars in a diet book, and I went Larabars' website. I got several boxes including a variety box. The Pecan Bars are out of this world, tasting amazingly like a pecan pie!
Also great was their cinnamon bun bars. They were very nice in processing and helping me with these orders...BUT
The GREAT NEWS is Amazon has these bars for $5-6 cheaper!
Order through Amazon!
I am using this product as a meal replacement sometimes, and it has been a great hit.
22 comments|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2012
I received these bars a few weeks ago, they have an expiration date of Mar 09, 2013 but there is a lot of mold on them. Please look at them closely before eating them.
review image
44 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2015
I buy these every month through S&S. For several months in a row they came completely out of the box and all smashed up. After complaining they dinally added stickers to the box. Now I just received 2 boxes and they are completely different and dry.