Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Platform: PC Download|Edition: Complete|Change
Price:$29.99

on February 26, 2012
I downloaded this product with high hopes, and getting flat out nothing. The painstakingly slow, which I had to go through twice, was just hours of my life wasted away in waiting. The game installed perfectly fine both times, yet it will never launched the game, no matter how many times I try. I am not allowed a refund for a product that just stole my money and time of my life. Do not waste your time on a download, I've learned my lesson, buy a hard copy. Learn from another's mistakes, no matter how much praise this game gets, or any game, buy a hard copy and never a download, problems only happen with a download and more often then not you will never get your money back. I wish I could have been smart and just bought a hard copy. What on earth was I thinking? Obviously not hard enough.
on January 4, 2012
Bought L.A. Noire Complete Edition as a digital download from Amazon. I am able to download the installer successfully, but during installation the installer reports that the files have CRC errors. I have downloaded the files twice, same result both times during installation.

I have attempted fixes for the issue, such as re-installing the Rockstar Social Club SW that is mandatory (which is a separate issue: an online SW component is required for an offline, single-player only game? Why?), have attempted to run the installation executable as Administrator, and in Windows XP compatibility mode. I have also checked the Rockstar and Take-Two support pages, without any good result.

Note: The activation code provided by Amazon cannot be used on S T E A M, unlike several other games I have bought from Amazon.

Amazon directs you to contact the software vendors for problems; they do not seem to allow refunds for digital items. I will not be buying any further digital downloads from Amazon.
66 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2014
the game has got a bad rap. I had to get a small patch to make it run good {at first it run like karo syrup in antartica} but after a little research I found a simple setting and now it runs like great... graphics are great gameplay is so so but im like a simple kid I can be entertained from bath fart bubbles. anyways for what I paid for the game it was worth the gamble...will start on it after I get done with gta5 now theres a game even if it is on a ps3 IT ROCKS...the only game I have that I gave 60 dollars for. I usualy wait till they come down in price were poor people can afford it... and it was worth it.. hope they put that one on pc platform....
on March 6, 2014
This game is very hyped and seemed to be a type that we enjoy (like Tex Murphy). After opening the sealed package and installing in the Windows 8 OS, it would not load. Searching on the net located several patches to download. Finally worked and the game loaded. Very lengthy credit leader to the first of 3 chapters. Then you find out that the movements are controlled from the keyboard...w to walk (or make the car move forward) A to make a left turn...etc. Hey guys, there is such a thing as a mouse!!. After 1+ hour of getting the thing to work, getting past the credits, and trying to work the first scene we gave up and trashed the game. DEFINITELY NOT a game to purchase.
on July 2, 2013
Received error message saying required patch could not be completed. Investigating on line revealed that many people had the same problem for at least the past year. There did not seem to be a clear solution to the problem and many people were never able to get the software to run. A big disappointment.
on January 5, 2012
I can't even get the game to run; first it just sat there staring at me and I had to use task manager to end it. Next day I get some kind of error and it won't run. I've got the required patches. I have no idea what the problem is but it is indeed a waste of money.
on June 23, 2012
Dont buy Pc version or digital download.Its not Amazons fault just Rockstars.You will not be able to play this after install.I stayed up hours on end googling and using Rockstar support to get this broke product working. All I get in return was a headache, stress,binary patch fail error,and missing social club dll error..Im in awe on Rockstar tech supports email support and I scratch my head to why this game has not been pulled from the market for pc.Way too go Rockstar.Stop making Pc ports stay console retards.
on June 20, 2013
I spent a week reading blogs and trying fixes to play it on my PC. I installed and reinstalled the game numerous times trying to allow the mandatory update without success. This seems to be an issue Rockstar games does not consider relevant.
on July 5, 2013
i've recently brought this game, it arrived on time, But some of it's files are not compatable with Windows 8 os. We need to download a patch file inorder to run it in windows 8. But still it does have few lags.
on January 25, 2012
I bought this copy thinking it would register with steam and it did not. It would not even run. The la noire file would stay in process list and nothing would happen. I purchased the steam version and it instantly started up and played but runs poorly on on i7.