5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, warm, and handsome
Published on January 3, 2007 by chollycee

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality
These slippers lasted less than 5 months before the top surface began tearing away from the stitching. Rather than throw them away at that point I made an emergency stiching repair only to find that in a month and a half, the top tore away again. They have not been worn that much to warrant such a failure in this time frame.
Published on November 22, 2010 by Thule Vet

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, warm, and handsome, January 3, 2007
chollycee (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
What else can you ask for in a slipper? The upper body is quality leather, well-sewn. The soles are sturdy though flexible. I've been tempted to wear them on errands because they feel like well-made casual shoes, and they don't look like slippers. The inside lining is warm and generous, and it keeps your feet in place and not sliding around like they sometimes do in slippers. I'd buy another pair without a thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality!, January 1, 2007
Linda Vipond (Moreno Valley, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: L.B. Men's Altin BOA Slipper (Apparel)
I bought these for my husband for a Christmas present. He wears moccasins everyday, when not at work. I really appreciated all the views on the website, since I was particularly looking for a heavy FLAT sole, which these have. They are made out of the best quality, heavy leather, lined with heavy sherpa and fit like a glove. My husband has told me over, and over, "These are the BEST moccasins I have ever had!" I will be looking to buy a replacement in a year or so, and I am praying this model of slipper is still available. Buy them, you will get many thank you's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wide Slippers, May 4, 2007
Indiana Opera Buff (Fort Wayne, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: L.B. Men's Altin BOA Slipper (Apparel)
I have fat feet, so I bought a triple E. Boy, they are almost too wide, and I always wear thick socks! I don't advise ordering the wide unless you are sure you really need it. As far as the length goes though, they are just what they say they are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Owned for 6 years & still best slippers, July 31, 2012
This review is from: L.B. Men's Altin BOA Slipper (Apparel)
I've owned these slippers for a little over six years & they're still my favorite, go-to pair. These slippers barely look like they're more than a year or two old still. The sherpa lining isn't as fluffy as it once was, but that's bound to happen.

I bought these bad boys in my second year of college, so they've seen some miles. I use to wear them outside while walking to classes (in mild weather, no rain or snow) & the bottoms barely have a scratch on them & they certainly aren't peeling away from the actual slipper portion. I generally wear them around the house, but I've also brought them camping & all over - so they've been crammed into backpacks, etc and they still hold up.

I really can't say I have a complaint at all about these slippers. I only write the review as I was looking for some LL Bean stuff on amazon & amazon stated I might also like these slippers. Oddly enough...I bought my slippers through amazon so you would kind of think the system would know that...but that may have been before they put this system in place.

I've been wearing moccasins for about 20 years (walmart, kmart, LL Bean, etc brands) and these are still my favorite. I chose the Chocolate Suede/Sherpa Lining color because after owning multiple pairs of the "tan" looking slippers, they get stained fairly easily (my fault, not the manufacturers fault - it's from food, pasta sauce, beer, etc) so I thought the brown would hold up a little better to my messy self. These slippers look great with sweats or jeans too. No one notices I'm wearing slippers instead of shoes lol.

Either way - read other reviews for sure - but I don't believe anyone has owned THIS pair for 6+ years - so just know they seriously do hold up to an active young mans wear and tear unlike a lot of other brands. The lining won't stay "puffy/fluffy" forever, but the slippers can take a beating and look great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plush, Comfortable, Warm, January 14, 2009
These were purchased for my husband - here is his review. "I received these for Christmas and I have worn them every day for the past few weeks. They are quite comfortable, moulding around my foot. The inner sole cushion is holding up well and still feels like a cushion as I slip in my foot. They keep my feet warm, even when I'm not wearing socks with the slippers. I usually wear these inside but have worn them outside for quick trips to the garbage can and the outer sole has kept my feet dry. I wear a 10.5, but my wife bought these in a size 11 and they fit just right, and not too tight when I wear socks. The only problem is the leather tie - my daughter pulled it out of the hole and I cannot get it back in because it is weaved thru the tongue. It is not a huge problem because I just tied them back up without going thru the holes, but it doesn't look as nice. Still gets a 5-star from me."

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, December 30, 2007
This review is from: L.B. Men's Altin BOA Slipper (Apparel)
I do not normally leave reviews for products, but these slippers are simply the best slippers I have ever worn. Additionally, I ordered the wrong size the first time around, and replacing them through the company was a breeze. These slippers are extremely plush in the inside, which keeps your feet warm. One thing that always annoyed me with some slippers is that my feet would get sweaty, however with the plush fabric in these slippers, that is not a problem. The lace on the front isn't just for show, but does tighten the slipper enough for one's individual preference. I am going to buy these slippers for several people in my family next Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with Purchase, October 24, 2009
I've been wearing slippers for over one month. thet are warm, very comfortable, easy to slip on, nice looking. I take a size 10 shoe, for my 9.75 size feet so a size 10 in slippers is perfect in bare feet. Socks would be too tight fitting. I would highly recommend...since I'm a big slipper warer and nothing before came close to these...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent slippers, November 23, 2008
Jazzspielen (ER, AK United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: L.B. Men's Altin BOA Slipper (Apparel)
These slippers are worth every penny. Very comfortable and durable. I usually wear triple to quad E width, and these slippers in EEE were plenty wide. I have gone through several pairs of slippers, and most just last one season here in Alaska, but these slippers are now in their third season. They are so good, I bought a pair for my elderly father, and he loves his. Don't waste your money on cheap slippers -- if you want comfort, quality and durability, get these. I don't think you'll be sorry.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, November 22, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit pricey but..., November 28, 2008
Very very well made,mine get a lot of use,in the house,out to the wood pile,make a great driving moccasin also and are nice enough looking if you need to run in and out of a store etc. Wish they came in Gore-Tex though and they are a bit pricey, but you get a quality product which is for me the bottom line. I'd buy another pair.

L.B. Men's Altin BOA Slipper