Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: L.B. Men's Altin BOA Slipper
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 3, 2007
What else can you ask for in a slipper? The upper body is quality leather, well-sewn. The soles are sturdy though flexible. I've been tempted to wear them on errands because they feel like well-made casual shoes, and they don't look like slippers. The inside lining is warm and generous, and it keeps your feet in place and not sliding around like they sometimes do in slippers. I'd buy another pair without a thought.
11 comment|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2007
I bought these for my husband for a Christmas present. He wears moccasins everyday, when not at work. I really appreciated all the views on the website, since I was particularly looking for a heavy FLAT sole, which these have. They are made out of the best quality, heavy leather, lined with heavy sherpa and fit like a glove. My husband has told me over, and over, "These are the BEST moccasins I have ever had!" I will be looking to buy a replacement in a year or so, and I am praying this model of slipper is still available. Buy them, you will get many thank you's.
0Comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2012
I've owned these slippers for a little over six years & they're still my favorite, go-to pair. These slippers barely look like they're more than a year or two old still. The sherpa lining isn't as fluffy as it once was, but that's bound to happen.

I bought these bad boys in my second year of college, so they've seen some miles. I use to wear them outside while walking to classes (in mild weather, no rain or snow) & the bottoms barely have a scratch on them & they certainly aren't peeling away from the actual slipper portion. I generally wear them around the house, but I've also brought them camping & all over - so they've been crammed into backpacks, etc and they still hold up.

I really can't say I have a complaint at all about these slippers. I only write the review as I was looking for some LL Bean stuff on amazon & amazon stated I might also like these slippers. Oddly enough...I bought my slippers through amazon so you would kind of think the system would know that...but that may have been before they put this system in place.

I've been wearing moccasins for about 20 years (walmart, kmart, LL Bean, etc brands) and these are still my favorite. I chose the Chocolate Suede/Sherpa Lining color because after owning multiple pairs of the "tan" looking slippers, they get stained fairly easily (my fault, not the manufacturers fault - it's from food, pasta sauce, beer, etc) so I thought the brown would hold up a little better to my messy self. These slippers look great with sweats or jeans too. No one notices I'm wearing slippers instead of shoes lol.

Either way - read other reviews for sure - but I don't believe anyone has owned THIS pair for 6+ years - so just know they seriously do hold up to an active young mans wear and tear unlike a lot of other brands. The lining won't stay "puffy/fluffy" forever, but the slippers can take a beating and look great.
on May 4, 2007
I have fat feet, so I bought a triple E. Boy, they are almost too wide, and I always wear thick socks! I don't advise ordering the wide unless you are sure you really need it. As far as the length goes though, they are just what they say they are. Addendum 3/11/15. I lost weight and no longer have fat feet. I just bought a new pair in a smaller size and they fit great. If you are between sizes, I advise going down because they do stretch. The problem I have with these slippers is that the rubber soles wear out near the outside edge of the heel. I am disabled and rarely leave the house. I wear mine all the time, but I'd like it better if the soles were more hardy. I have to buy a new pair at least every year.
on January 14, 2009
These were purchased for my husband - here is his review. "I received these for Christmas and I have worn them every day for the past few weeks. They are quite comfortable, moulding around my foot. The inner sole cushion is holding up well and still feels like a cushion as I slip in my foot. They keep my feet warm, even when I'm not wearing socks with the slippers. I usually wear these inside but have worn them outside for quick trips to the garbage can and the outer sole has kept my feet dry. I wear a 10.5, but my wife bought these in a size 11 and they fit just right, and not too tight when I wear socks. The only problem is the leather tie - my daughter pulled it out of the hole and I cannot get it back in because it is weaved thru the tongue. It is not a huge problem because I just tied them back up without going thru the holes, but it doesn't look as nice. Still gets a 5-star from me."
on December 30, 2007
I do not normally leave reviews for products, but these slippers are simply the best slippers I have ever worn. Additionally, I ordered the wrong size the first time around, and replacing them through the company was a breeze. These slippers are extremely plush in the inside, which keeps your feet warm. One thing that always annoyed me with some slippers is that my feet would get sweaty, however with the plush fabric in these slippers, that is not a problem. The lace on the front isn't just for show, but does tighten the slipper enough for one's individual preference. I am going to buy these slippers for several people in my family next Christmas.
on November 23, 2008
These slippers are worth every penny. Very comfortable and durable. I usually wear triple to quad E width, and these slippers in EEE were plenty wide. I have gone through several pairs of slippers, and most just last one season here in Alaska, but these slippers are now in their third season. They are so good, I bought a pair for my elderly father, and he loves his. Don't waste your money on cheap slippers -- if you want comfort, quality and durability, get these. I don't think you'll be sorry.
on October 24, 2009
I've been wearing slippers for over one month. thet are warm, very comfortable, easy to slip on, nice looking. I take a size 10 shoe, for my 9.75 size feet so a size 10 in slippers is perfect in bare feet. Socks would be too tight fitting. I would highly recommend...since I'm a big slipper warer and nothing before came close to these...
on February 19, 2016
I am lovin' these slippers!

I bought the first pair 22 months ago and totally abused them during that time but I'm STILL using them! My wife bought me a second pair for Valentine's Day this year and I'm thrilled!

I'm 63 years old and these are the very best slippers that I've ever owned in my life. The value is incredible. Still completely functional and totally comfy after all this time in spite of being used every day for pretty much any and everything.

I'm retired and wore the original pair only inside the house at first, but that didn't last long. Started wearing them to walk out to the truck. Then to do light chores outside. Then heavy chores. Then while using the garden tractor. And the weed wacker. And working on the truck. And the boat. And the list goes on! These are incredibly durable slippers! Even after 2 years of abuse, the original shell is still intact. The pile lining is still there and intact, albeit smooshed down a bit. I do use foot powder to keep the umm.. "aroma" down but that's the only treatment that these slippers have had. Heck, even the original LACES are still intact!

The pic i attached shows the new slippers on the left and the ones I bought almost 2 years ago on the right.

EXCELLENT VALUE!!
review image
on September 24, 2014
Well made and quality slippers. The suede uppers, leather collar, and rubber sole are all top notch. The boa lining is warm and very comfortable. These slippers can be worn inside or out. I often wear these on local errands and the soles are holding up as well as any casual shoe that I have owned. Will buy again.