Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Outdoors Gift Guide on bgg

on April 24, 2012
I have been using L-arginine Plus for about two years. When the product is at its best, it is very good. Indeed, had I an opportunity to rate this after I first started taking it, I would have given 5 stars. Unfortunately, there are production problems and occasionally, a production-lot will get out that clearly is not good. Unfortunately, since I always ordered three at a time, when they were bad, all three were bad. One tasted so bad I couldn't drink it. I did call the company and to their credit, they did send me a replacement set. The next order was just fine, as was the one after that. Then, another bad order, but not so bad I couldn't drink it. I could tell the taste was different and it didn't seem to work as well. After that, orders were just fine again. My last order tasted weak and again I could tell the difference in how I felt, energy level, etc. I'm afraid that was the last straw for me. I expect the exact same product every time I order it. No variations. When I spend $107 on a supplement, it has got to be good every time. I simply can't trust them to deliver a consistent product. Too bad. As I said, when it's good, it's very good.
3333 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2012
Four months after my first heart attack, I ventured into the idea that nitric oxide supplements might be a significant strategy to combat advanced atherosclerosis. I consulted with my cardiologists, who could only offer a boilerplate HMO policy that nitric oxide supplements were still questionable, unproven, and not approved by the FDA! (Let's all take that with a grain of salt, shall we?) With my knowledge of medical history about the benefits of aspirin not recognized by conventional medicine for almost sixty years (until 1922), I decided to test L-arginine for myself. In the brief two weeks that I have taken the L-arginine Plus nitric oxide supplements, my daily angina symptoms have disappeared. I feel like I have more energy throughout the day. My mental focus and emotional temperament have much improved. I highly recommend reading NO MORE HEART DISEASE by Dr. Louis Ingarro, winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine in 1998. His extensive research on nitric oxide is the foundation of the L-arginine regime. The L-Arginine Plus mixture is exactly what Dr. Ingarro recommends. But don't take my word for it. Try it.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2011
I've been taking L-Arginine for several months. It initiates your bodies to produce more Nitric Oxide, up to normal levels, opening arteries and veins, which is normal apparently. I'm was an 18 month Vioxx user, so there is possibility that my cardic system will be impacted, and my blood pressure has been going up, and my heart beat had been incresing, which is alarming to a former athlete who is used to a resting pulse of 55 to 65 beats per minute, but now was seeing 70 to 85 beats per minute. Well, not any more! my resting pulse is back down, I have more energy, and because better blood flow also helps all of our organs, my body just seems to be working better, and I mean everything is working like is should, but I didn't know they weren't until I reset with L-Arginine Plus. Hey, I'm no Doctor and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express... all I'm saying is this has been an amazing product for me. L-arginine Plus-- 5,000mg L-arginine & 1,000mg L-citrulline per serving
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
You probably know the alleged benefits of the product already, and have discovered the problems with tablet or pill form. (In answer to a couple of questions I've received, the hard capsules are the largest I've seen, definitely made for champion swallowers--maybe the winner of Nathan's annual hot dog-eating contest). So the question, then, is which should you buy--L-arginine Plus or L-arginine Complete? Since my last 3 biannual stress tests have shown up "all-clear," I'll give either product the benefit of the doubt (getting a treadmill and watching the fats hasn't hurt either),

L-arginine Plus arrived in a significantly larger, more costly (to the sender), protective package. But once removed from the package, it becomes apparent that the 2 products are practically identical--from the canister to the wording ("Cardio Health Formula") to the ingredients, potencies, and taste. In fact, the similarity is enough to make me suspect that both products are made by and perhaps ultimately distributed through the same company.

Here are the differences:

1. Both products include Vitamin D3; however, L-arginine Plus (the pictured product) contains 2,500 IU's of the currently trendy vitamin while L-arginine Complete supplies the MDR of 400 IU's.
2. Plus comes with Red Wine Extract; Complete does not.
3. Plus comes with a "Proprietary Blend of 72 Trace Minerals." No mention of the same in Complete.
4. Plus dissolves instantly and uses Xylitol for a sweetener; Complete also dissolves instantly but uses Sucrose for sweetener.
5. Complete's formula includes 200 mcg Chromium (currently popular because of alleged regulation of blood sugar); Plus has no Chromium additive.

Taste: Neither is objectionable (especially after "attempting" to dissolve and swallow a competitor brand), and both (perhaps with a couple of days' "practice"), should prove about equally palatable. (Plus is red and tends toward the taste of the bland "grape-flavored" Kool-Aid you may remember as a child; Complete is blue and has a bit more of a "chemical" hint to the flavor, but for most people, the slight taste difference is probably not enough to be a deal maker or breaker).

Conclusion: all things being equal (including price, as is currently the case), Plus has a slight edge, though you may wish to supplement it with a chromium tablet (or multi-vitamin that includes it). If either of the 2 products should fall five or more dollars below the other, go with the least expensive one.

[Late-breaking discoveries: "Complete" reveals 6g of protein in its formula; "Plus" makes no such claim. So now the call is closer than the above paragraph would suggest. If you're not a meat eater, milk drinker, or body-builder who already consumes large amounts of protein supplements, it would "appear" that Complete has the edge over Plus. On the other hand, some of the info about L-arginine is especially emphatic about not taking the amino acid with protein: "For best results, take on an empty stomach, and at least 2 hours before or after eating any protein." Make of it what you will. "Plus" definitely has the edge of late in promotions, its ads seeming to pop up on every newly opened web page. (Personally, at this point I'm close to flipping a coin between the two. If heads, go with the red label; if tails, try blue.)]
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2012
First, a really quick history. I have had issues with heart disease for nearly 20 years. I have had several angioplasties. My cholesterol numbers were always high, but had been under control using statins. My blood pressure has always been high without medication. I found out about the benefits of L-arginine through a multi-level marketing meeting to which I had been invited.

I could not afford the expense of that product, so I started to research alternatives. My wife had recently seen a rise in her blood pressure for the first time in her life, so we thought we would give this a try. I found out about this product online and have been using it for about two years. Since I started using this product, I have eliminated one blood pressure med, entirely, and cut the other by 75%. I have cut the statin down by 75%, as well. The first time I had my lipid tests, after starting to use the "clinical" dosage (4 scoops daily-I did this for a year, but now use a maintenance of 1 scoop daily) my LDL was remarkably lower. It had NEVER been under 70, even with high statin dosages and was a cool 59!!! After that, I experimented with my statin and blood pressure dosages, with daily pressure monitoring etc.

My wife's blood pressure dropped from numbers in the area of 140/90 to around the 115/65 mark..WITHOUT any medication. The stuff works!!

I was skeptical, but after several angioplasties, I wasn't too happy with what the medical establishment was doing. If I followed their "cocktail" I would be overmedicated and likely back to the old familiar feeling. I have tried to talk to doctors about this, but they are ignorant, with rare exception. If you research this, you will find that a Doctor Pendergrast uses it with all his patients with remarkable success. (he endorses a similar product)

It is great stuff and I highly recommend you try it....even if you are young and have no heart history, etc. It might keep you that way! Check it out!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2012
This product does what they say it will. I do not know why or how, but I feel better when I take it at night. I also know the difference when I miss a dose.
Just my honest oppinion.
on August 27, 2011
This product does three very important things IMO : It lowers blood pressure, provides the minerals absent in food, and increases oxygen in the body. I only take three dietary supplements, and this is one of them !! I wouldn't be surprised to find out that this product assists in keeping arteries clear of plaque...
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2012
To start off, I have coronary disease and heart problems, and this is the primary reason I have been using L-Arginine Plus. I have reviewed many products similar to this one, but none are as inexpensive and have the array of nutrients in one serving as L-Arginine Plus. I think that anyone who is serious about health and especially their circulatory system would want the best, and I believe L-Arginine Plus is probably the best you will find for the money!

Doctors want us to follow their drug regimine, but in reality, some drugs are not safe like statins, and this product is completely safe. I would certainly tell everyone that this, L-Arginine Plus, is a benefit to ones cardio-health!!!!
on June 23, 2013
this has really help to better my health, I have more energy and noticed an increase in my libdo overall
on September 17, 2012
My second order of this product, seems to work better for me than the sustained release tablets. When I quit using it for a few weeks my blood pressure started raising again so I'm committed to stay off drugs and use this product.

L-arginine Plus-- 5,000mg L-arginine & 1,000mg L-citrulline per serving