Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 34 questions
votes
I have the TCL 32" L32HDF11TA model. On DirecTV I used RCA code "11547" and now it works to turn ON/OFF and control volume with the DirecTV remote.
Nov 29, 2011 by Gray
votes
Most of the problems with this TV were regarding the HDMI blackening out for 2-3 seconds every ten minutes or so. TCL, while very annoying to deal with (two levels of support and make you phonetically spell everything), have responded to this problem and have corrected it. B/c of this, I am taking back what I have said their lack of action and am quite happy with the TV. If you do not mind phonetically spelling this and complaining on Amazon... the warranty appears to be capable of doing its job.
Dec 26, 2010 by Michael Halusek
votes
I don't normally watch sports on this machine. I use it as my desktop monitor because I can plug a laptop in thru the HDMI port and use both machines. Having said that, I hooked up and external HD antenna and watched the Bears lose tonight. Although I occasionally lost the screen due to thunderstorms bollixing reception, I did not notice any blurring. I then went to ESPN through my desktop and watched some of their videos. Voila, occasionally the screen blurs. I don't know whether I need a faster internet speed or whether the box is at fault. I suspect internet due to it working OK over the air. Hope this helps.
Dec 22, 2013 by Arlen Lamont
votes
Good morning T. Laurent! Recently, we purchased the TLC 32" TCL L32HDF11TA 32-Inch 720p 60 Hz LCD HDTV with 2-Year Warranty, Black and mounted it on a wall, but to save you from some of the headaches we had I thought I'd share the following. First, here is the wall mount we purchased: VideoSecu Tilt TV Wall Mount bracket for Most 32"- 55" LED LCD Plasma Flat Screen TV, MF607B 1QH This wall mount comes with a good variety of bolts 'n such for a variety of different televisions, however, none of them will fit into the back of the TCL, nor is there anything in TCL's single-sheet instructions informing you of what size of screws are needed. We first bought size 8 and 6 screws in both 3/4" and 1/2" as we were unsure what would work. The size 8 seemed to fit a bit better, however, while testing if it would go in okay, the screw snapped off flush! Oh no~!! It took a lot of time carefully drilling that little sucker out without messing up the threading. In any event, we finally got it out. (The size 6 was too small in diameter and would not grip the threading at all.) We finally ran into a very knowledgeable man at the hardware store who informed us that we probably needed a metric size screw, being the set is manufactured in China. He explained the difference in the pitch of the threading and so on. We no longer have the sales receipt from the metric screws we purchased, but I have an extra screw and it measures 1" long and is between the American size 6 and 8. I'm sure if you take this info to your hardware store, you'll find what you need, but you will definitely need metric. Also, we mounted this wall mount into a concrete wall, so we purchased extra lag bolts and anchors (that the bolts fit into once the hole is drilled) just to be sure it would stay put. We used 8 in all, which is probably overkill, but better safe than sorry, and it's rock solid. I hope this helps and I'm sure you'll love this TCL television. We love ours! God bless you and yours! Ellexis...
Nov 17, 2010 by Ellexis
votes
Yeah, it's an issue with the speakers when devices are connected. Chances are it makes the noise with any attached device, but some devices are more apparent than others. The best solution is attaching some speakers. Even computer speakers via the USB/headphone jack solved it for me, and it's actually better quality sound.
Feb 23, 2011 by Trim Tram
votes
Not sure if this is any help, but when I was downloading the manual I noticed an available firmware update for: "Firmware Update" Problem: When using the HDMI connections on the TV, the screen blanks out and loses sound for a few moments. Models affected: L24HDF11TA, L26HDF11TA, L32HDF11TA, L40FHDF11TA, LE24FHDP21TA, LE26HDP21TA. Click here to download this firmware update Select "save" when attempting to save to USB flash Drive. Do NOT change the file name. Please follow these instructions for the firmware update. This entire procedure should take about 5-10 minutes. 1) Verify your model number (model number located on back of TV). Only load this firmware update on an affected model. 2) Load the firmware update file from this website onto a USB flash drive 3) Turn TV on 4) Take the USB flash drive and plug it into TV in the USB port of the TV 5) When the TV starts to read the update file, you will see a menu that asks if you want to update the firmware. Select "Yes" using arrows on your TCL remote control. 6) When "Yes" is highlighted, click OK on your TCL remote. 7) After upgrade is complete, a message will appear that tells you the upgrade has been performed successfully. 8) Pull USB drive OUT OF THE TV 9) Turn TV off 10) Wait 1 minute 11) Turn TV on
May 20, 2011 by Lake Waters
votes
I do, I have it set up using a 30 ft HDMI cable ran under the floor, my PC runs dual monitor set up typically. Whenever I want to watch a movie or something I go in and set the 3rd monitor (the TV) up to duplicate my screen... Blinks Once and the TV is my monitor.. Proceed to watching TV.. GREAT SET.. I use it for 360 and PS3 as well. Buy the Squaretrade 4 year warranty like me and you have nothing to worry about.
May 7, 2011 by Ronald Alexander
votes
The mute button worked. Thanks for the tip on the subtitles. I've got a 32" TCL.
Oct 6, 2011 by JP
votes
Same question here. I did a calibration with the THX calibrator on the Monsters Inc DVD (some commentators recommend this as an inexpensive way to calibrate). Much of the calibration could not be done. I did find that for watching movies, according to the THX calibration, brightness should be at 100 and contrast at 36- this is contrary to the advice of another reviewer who urged max contrast. I'm using hdmi in from a Philips upscaling DVD player, and optical out from the tv. I'm not getting the back channels on my Logitech speakers and am scratching my head about that.
Dec 5, 2010 by John
votes
I've had the same problem. Amazon is replacing the set. Update: got the new set. It has similar problems, but not often. Trying to determine if this is due to quirky inputs (ie, Apple TV2 being being turned on, and camera plugged into AV input). Happy otherwise, probably will keep the set. Another update: blinking on start up continues, poster on another thread mentioned hdmi handshaking problems on other hdtvs- sounds like what I've got. Trying to decide whether to keep the set, since people have said TCL has terrible customer service. I don't want to get stuck with it after the return period. Note: if i change inputs then go back go the apple tv that fixes the problem.
Dec 9, 2010 by John
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers