L8000 Garbage disposal Does it have a side port for a Dish Washer DRAIN?
asked by Justin Corvacchioli on February 11, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
Yes it does. It comes plugged (in case you don't have a dishwasher) and per the instructions you can remove the plug with a hammer and screwdriver.
Mark Twain answered on February 18, 2010
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes it does. You can dowwload literature on the L8000 disposal from Waste King's literature download site at http://anaheimmfg.com/?page_id=337
BradleyK answered on January 15, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you already have a dishwasher and a garbage disposal [I did], then you probably just have to knock out the plastic plug in the L-8000 and connect the existing hose [to the disposal]. The disposal comes w/ an ez mount system that has a splash guard & stopper, and a drain elbow & gasket. If you don't already have a dishwasher & disposal plumbed, then you'll need the universal dishwasher connector kit but that should be all.
Chris Virgin answered on August 10, 2010
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am considering buying this product however it is a bit confusing exactly what is needed for full installation with a dishwasher. I see that other people have bought a separate cord, Waste King 1025 Sink Stopper and Splash Guard for EZ Mount Disposers, and Waste King 1023 Universal Dishwasher Connector Kit and Waste King 1026 Drain Elbow and Gasket For Garbage Disposal Connection. I have all the other basic plumbing supplies - is there anything I'm missing???
TWheels answered on July 22, 2010
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can download the Owner's/Installation Guide at http://66.39.51.245/wasteking/company/literature/pdf/Waste%20King%20Owners%20Guide.pdf except you do not need the power cord for the L8000. You can download more manufacturer's information on the Legend 8000 disposal at http://www.waveplumbing.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=52&products_id=3409
BradleyK answered on January 15, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Waste King L-8000 Legend Series 1.0-HorsepowerContinuous Feed Operation Waste Disposer
Just purchased this disposal to replace an Insinkerator unit. Have not installed yet. Have a question. My installation is a Double Bowl end outlet (deep cast iron sink). The discharge pipe is straight. Does this Waste King unit sit at the same height as the old disposal I'm removing? Also, is it the same size as the old one, or will I have to cut/lengthen my current discharge pipe? I just want to be prepared with the tools & additional pipe if necessary, so I don't get it torn out & have to make a trip to my local hardware store. I'd like to assume that all disposals have their discharge outlet at the same height. I know that the last one we put in (the Insinkerator - that only lasted 3-4 years) was a piece of cake to install, & fit in the exact same spot with no modification.
Roxanne G. Dickey answered on May 1, 2011

A
Thanks for the feedback - I have the kitchen fully gutted so I'll let you know in a few weeks how the installation goes.
TWheels answered on August 10, 2010
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product