Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 5, 2011 7:32:07 PM PST
Guan Yang says:
With the upcoming release of The Passage of Power on May 1, I am starting an online book club to read or re-read the first three volumes of The Years of Lyndon Johnson starting this week:

http://www.lbjbookclub.com/

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:55:06 PM PST
Is there an audio (CD) version of Vol. 1 (Path To Power)?

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 1:36:22 PM PST
Hi Guan Yang; do you work in the industry? I love to read Caro but I am taking a break between vol.2 and 3. It's a bit much, don't you think?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:09:30 PM PST
I've finished Path to Power but it took me a long time. I'm about 1/3 of the way into Means of Ascent. I don't work in any industry anymore. My full-time job is retirement.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 4:53:53 PM PST
Leo says:
I would like to see all four books in the Audible version

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 4:28:20 AM PST
Same here. I've read the 1st two volumes in e-book form & am now listening to Master of the Senate (Vol 3). Would like to be able to listen to all.

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 5:27:37 AM PST
Leo says:
I have often wondered why more of the best books haven't been rendered into an audible version. Such as "The Cruel Sea", "Armageddon" "Captain From Castile", etc. This would appear to be a golden opportunity for someone who is a good reader/narrator. For people like me, retired, and with a lot of mind-numbing tasks, a good "listen" is a Godsend.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Dec 5, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 31, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Years of Lyndon Johnson: The Path to Power
The Years of Lyndon Johnson: The Path to Power by Robert A. Caro (Hardcover - November 12, 1982)
4.7 out of 5 stars (483)