5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to LCD screens!
I got this LCD hood for my Canon 60D. It worked out great! I use it 90% of the time when I shoot video. It works very well for stopping glare. I even use it inside too. This makes a great addition to any LCD viewer. I highly recommend it to anyone who does video work.
Published on October 1, 2011 by Riffy86

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not great for 3" screens
I purchased this hood for my Canon Rebel T3i. I bought it because another reviewer raved about using it on his 60D, which has the same size LCD. But the hood is 2.7" not 3" and while it just clears the LCD screen if carefully placed, it does not wrap well on the back.
Published on September 14, 2012 by Rick Wise

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little LCD Hood- Works on my Panasonic HCV700 3" LCD, April 16, 2012
This review is from: LCD Hood for Canon DSLR by Cowboystudio (Electronics)
I purchased this to use with my Panasonic HCV700 and it works fine, despite my LCD being 3". The LCD hood will now make it possible to use my camera outdoors in strong sunlight. Without this hood my LCD display is basically useless in those conditions!

If you hold the LCD/hood close to your eyes, it has almost the effect of a large viewfinder, and you can shade out even more sunlight. As for the fit - the edges of the hood line up with the actual screen, but the hood is narrower (1/4" on each side) that my LCD door. Also, because my unit is slightly taller, the Velcro flap does not lay perfectly flat against the back of the panel.

The size issue is tolerable@the low price of 7 dollars - but if you are a perfectionist, you can get an actual 3" size hood. The competeing unit listed on Amazon as made for 3" screen, costs more than double at this time!

Great product, and great price. I will post a photo shortly.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING this is awesome, November 16, 2011
This review is from: LCD Hood for Canon DSLR by Cowboystudio (Electronics)
The ship time was a bit long, but worth the wait. As you can see in the photo this produst is slanted so it is perfect for touch screens. I was worried about the sun getting through but nope, I can see the screen perfectly and even lower the lighting on the screen to conserve battery life. It doesn't make the camera too bulky and it is easy to remove and put on. Overall a great product and exactly what I was looking for. I bought it for my Canon Vixia HF M40

5.0 out of 5 stars LCD Hood works great., June 24, 2011
erag "Erag" (Oneonta, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LCD Hood for Canon DSLR by Cowboystudio (Electronics)
I looked for quite a while for something to help me when I was videoing on a sunny day and finally came across this hood by cowboy studio. It was a lot cheaper than others I had seen and I wasn't to sure whether it would work, but when I got it I was surprised, it's great. It does the job I wanted done and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. I recommend this product highly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product for the price, March 3, 2011
This review is from: LCD Hood for Canon DSLR by Cowboystudio (Electronics)
It works perfectly. Keeps the screen from washing out in the sun, allows you to have privacy while in the crowd. Another thing I was pleasantly surprised about and had not thought about, was when it is attached and you are in a dark crowded conference room it reduces the ambient light from the display by 70% or more. That is a huge positive for our company.

The only down side it dose not look especially nice on the camera as the velcro straps are... well velcro straps. If you are looking for fit and polish you may may want to look for others. However if you want function for next to nothing I don't believe you will find a better product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but attaches/fits awkwardly., December 9, 2014
This review is from: LCD Hood for Canon DSLR by Cowboystudio (Electronics)
Nice hood. Fits the LCD of my Cannon HF20 / HF200 great with room to the side for the joystick. Seems to be of good build quality and has held up well (at minimum weekly use for about 4 months).

The velcro attachment doesn't seem to have been designed for an LCD of any thickness. It will fit on, but the attachment looks like it was forced on. Using a flexible material instead of rigid hard plastic inside the velcro areas may be an option the manufactuers could use to fix this. Not the most pleasant on the eye because of this, but does not impact it's true job, to block out light. This is where it lost one star.

3.0 out of 5 stars 2.7 inch LCD Shade for Canon Vixia, April 14, 2014
This review is from: LCD Hood for Canon DSLR by Cowboystudio (Electronics)
a little small and tight for LCD of Canon Vixia HF R400. Flap sticks up (not completely closed), but good price.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have, January 21, 2014
This review is from: LCD Hood for Canon DSLR by Cowboystudio (Electronics)
I almost always use the eyepiece viewfinder for still shot, but video requires the use of the LCD screen. In bright sunlight, it is almost impossible to see. This hood does a good job shading the screen so I can see it. The only thing that would improve it is if it folded flat to take up less room in my camera bag.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not real happy with it, January 16, 2014
This review is from: LCD Hood for Canon DSLR by Cowboystudio (Electronics)
This product is a waste of money. It is not conducive to use. It gets in the way. Would not buy again. No problem with the company that sold it. Just not a fan of this particular product.

4.0 out of 5 stars why i like about this product..., November 19, 2013
This review is from: LCD Hood for Canon DSLR by Cowboystudio (Electronics)
very simple and good…very well built and easy to use. I would recommended to a friend. The only thing is i wish it was longer to look through.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for cameras without an Optical Viewfinder, October 25, 2013
This review is from: LCD Hood for Canon DSLR by Cowboystudio (Electronics)
Shooting outdoors is almost impossible with many of new newer cameras due to a lack of a real viewfinder. Unless the lighting is perfect, you can see what is going on with the LCD screen. The Cowboy Hood provides a very good sun shade while still allowing one to reach touch screen menu options on the LCD. The hood slides on and off the camera easily, and folds for storage in the camera bag.