Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on October 6, 2011
I decided to buy this lens because I noticed several people posting macro photographs taken with their phones in Instagram and they're amazing. It's very small, so you can take it anywhere. It attaches magnetically, but if your phone doesn't have a metal surface, it comes with a "glued" metal ring (and a spare ring) that you stick to your phone and then attach the lens. It's a 2 in 1 combo lens, as seen in the picture it's a wide lens, you can unscrew it and then the tiny part works as a macro lens. For the price I think it works beautifully, the details are almost perfect. You have to practice though, at first is very tricky to find out how close you have to get to the subject your photographing. I definitely recommend this item, every time a show it people just love it!
33 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2011
I could be doing something wrong, but the wide lens doesn't auto-focus at all. I can only take pictures of things within a few inches away or else the picture is completely blurry. Changing my phone's focus mode does nothing :( The macro lens, on the other hand, works magnificent.

Also, the whole mounting mechanism is pretty well. My phone doesn't have a metal base (I believe it's Al) so I had to use one of the rings. It stuck on just fine and the magnet system seems solid.

Wish I could get the wide angle to work though. Gonna try it on my brother's iPhone (I'm using a Galaxy S II, the Sprint version).

EDIT: Updated my review to 4 stars; I was able to get the wide angle to work! Turns out the magnetic ring on my lens wasn't installed properly (QC problem?). I had to remove it and re-apply so that it would sit evenly and almost flush. Before it was sticking out quite a bit. After doing that my images were in focus.
on March 26, 2012
I use this little gadget for getting closeups of plants in the woods near home. The macro lens does capture amazing detail. I can't comment on the fisheye lens. (Perhaps someday I'll think of a reason why I would need one.)

Pros:
- Captures the tiniest details.
- Small and portable.
- Easy to attach & detach.
- Includes several different metal ring-shaped mounts. I think they would accommodate a variety of phones without blocking the flash. (The ring I selected fits under my iPhone case, but the case needs to be removed to attach the lens to the mount.)

Cons:
- Only focuses at a VERY close and very fixed distance... any breeze/wiggle can make it hard to capture a clear image. Seems fussier than my SLR's macro.
- Small and easy to lose. It falls off easily because it is just held in place by magnetism. Don't rely on the lanyard! You really need to pocket it after use.
- Instructions are clearly written by a non-native English speaker. But, with a little imagination, they are decipherable. It's really not so complicated as to require instructions in the first place.
- My iPhone's case interferes with it's attachment. My phone must be undressed to use the lens... not a huge problem for me.

This lens is not quite as good as a "real" macro on a "real" camera. That said, its portability, and the fact that it works with my iPhone is fantastic. Overall, I am very pleased to have it!
review image
on September 8, 2013
I was only interested in the Macro lens. It gives some magnification but not as much as I needed. Lens will not work on Ipod touch. The best part of the deal was the reasonable postage charge and the fast delivery.
VINE VOICEon November 3, 2013
I got these lenses for my girls to use on their iPhones. They looked a little flimsy, so I almost expected them to be more of a gag gift than anything. Surprisingly, however, they both found their lenses to be helpful for taking better pictures with their phones and, after a year, one of them is still being used (the other was lost - but would probably still be used had it not been lost).
on February 17, 2013
I looked at all the reviews for this type of attachment and this one had the highest ratings, so I bought it. The price was right, however, if you have any sort of cover on your Iphone, it doesn't fit - you have to take the cover off to use it - and how long do you think the sticky stuff will last taking it on and off?

I took a couple of sample photos and the close ups were really good - took it of some jewelry, but the hassle factor was not worth it.
on October 3, 2011
I do quite a bit of construction photography and often it is hard to get a good shot of the whole room if it is small. This makes it possible. I rarely get the circle effect around the edges. If you know how to use photoshop you can re-stretch the photo around to suit your needs. This thing is handy. However, it doesn't make a dramatic difference on how much you can get into the shot. also look at the fisheye. if you can only afford one then the fisheye is the first one i would pick.
on January 21, 2014
Good for the price. If you are looking to do professional photography, sink more money into a better lens. But for the price, this was great. It was a present for someone and is great for them as a casual user.
on April 13, 2013
I love doing close-up shots so was excited about this product. And at such a good price. The directions are very poor so it took me a while to figure out how to attach the lens but once I did I was quite happy. The quality of the pictures is great...better than I hoped for. I do wish it weren't made in China; I'm trying to buy American.
on February 7, 2013
I tried to center it with my Galaxy S 2 camera lens. I found that if you perfectly center this lens and the Galaxy lens it doesn't work right, but you have to move this lens slightly off center. May have to do with the Macro lens or ?

Once I figured it out, worked fine.