5.0 out of 5 stars Great but Maybe I should have bought the 48" footprint
I bought this for a little horticulture in my basement. I was very pleased with how quickly it arrived and how easy it was to put together. I do recommend having a helper when assembling the tent.

Helpful things to know:
Published on October 16, 2011 by K. Wright

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE FIRE HAZARD!
Published on May 4, 2012 by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but Maybe I should have bought the 48" footprint, October 16, 2011
This review is from: LEDwholesalers GYO1001 62-Inch x 36-Inch x 20-Inch Mylar Reflective Hydroponic Grow Tent (Lawn & Patio)

Helpful things to know:
1. It is hard to find T5 fixtures for 36". I ended up using two 24" fixtures that overlap in the middle. For a while I did use a 36" T5 HO Aquarium light. That worked great but I really needed the light for my fish tank.
2. The "drip tray" that it comes with is soft-sided, not stiff.
3. Intake vents covered with flaps exist on the right side at the bottom and the across the back at the bottom. No discernible light leaks.
4. Like the directions say, unzip EVERYTHING, then put the bottom of the frame in first, then pull the unzipped stuff up over the top. If you miss even one zipper it won't work, as I found out while stretched out like a monkey on a jungle gym.
5. There are "pockets" for fans and cords. One at the top has an elbow joint built in while the other two are straight cylinders. I have my cords running through the straight one on the lower left. When it is time to put the HPS light in for "fruiting" I will use the top "pocket."
6. Use a stand-up fan like the Lasko 4000 Air Stik Ultra-Slim Oscillating Fan. I purchased the Holmes HACP10B-U Oscillating Personal Clip Fan and was sorely disappointed that it could not be easily mounted on the frame. (See that review for my true feelings on the matter)
7. I would think that this tent would be better for fruiting than vegetative growth because as #1 points out, the footprint is not ideal for standard fluorescent lights. However, it will be great for fruiting because the light will stay more intense in the smaller footprint.
8. This was WAY cheaper than building my own box. I had tried to do that and decided that the 75 bucks was well worth not having to wrangle a grow box down my basement stairs.
9. Lights and other EQ are affixed by using two cross bars at the top that are adjustable left to right. The "pockets" get in the way but if I get too irritated I can always push them to the outside and clip them closed.
10. Zippers are of very high quality
11. Design is fairly well thought-out with some great touches: there are velcro tabs on the door panels that stick to the side of the tent, holding the door panels open wide; there are gusseted zippers to block out all escaping light, there is ample room to work in the tent, the height is perfect for fitting into spaces that are not full room-height. The construction overall is great; it is sturdy and does not seem like it will wear out anytime soon.
12. My plants are HAPPY! That's the best part.

Overall, I am glad that I bought this, and I think that when it comes time for fruiting I will purchase a 48" wide model for vegetative growth and keep the 36" for fruiting. This way I will be able to have plants in both cycles at the same time and not have to use one tent for the whole process.

Don't build your own, buy this one. And buy it from Amazon; it's way cheaper!

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE FIRE HAZARD!, May 4, 2012
Be very careful if you wish to order this product. The two 20" bars that run across the top of the tent have plastic end hooks which WILL BREAK over time. The first one broke after 2 months. My small light weight 150w HPS light that was hooked up to it fell and completely crushed/destroyed the 3 plants underneath it! Not only were 3 plants ruined after 2 months of growing (costed me time AND money) but could have started a fire! Then later on one of the plastic hooks on the SECOND bar broke and crushed my other plants!!! All I had is one 150w light connected to each of the bars which maybe weighed 5-10 pounds. Plastic sags and WILL break over time - the first broke in 2 months and the second in 3.5 months.

I also have a 2'x2' secret Jardin tent which has metal hooks instead of the cheap plastic ones that this came with. If you purchase this tent make sure you DO NOT use the 20" support bars with plastic hooks. Instead, go to your local hardware store and buy some chain with a hook/lock and run that across the top.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the best features but quality is superb!!!, January 23, 2011
D. Kim (Kailua, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
I just got this for my 2x7x7 closet and it fits perfectly. I recommend getting at least a smaller tent for air circulation for your inline fans and what not if your planning on setting it at a closed area. It was either this or the 24x48 tent from the same supplier, but I'm glad I got the smaller one (less width) so there is room for circulation for the back and right- side vents. Only problem I have is that this tent has 3 4" vents one on roof back... both on the same corner unfortunately. The other one on the bottom left. Here is the bummer about the lack of features I mentioned. THERE IS NO INTRACTION FOR YOUR WIRING... unless you want to sacrifice one 4" intraction vent which I did (bottom left) and just put a 6" fan to blow through the free -flow vent. (from the back free-flow vent in my case) I am 145 pounds and I can do pullups on this thing so it is stainless steel thank god.

One thing I like about this tent is that it is 99% light-proof because of the inside flaps to cover the zippers!!!

I am not going to try out a 2x2x5 Secret Jardin tent because it is the best brand tent, but they only make them in squares (2x2 3x3 4x4 etc) not rectangles like this one. (20"x3')

If only there were more intraction/extraction vents( 1 or 2 more) and a inline for power cables. IT WOULD BE PERFECT!!!

But with this price, it's a bargain.

Alright I'm off now my 5 minutes are up. =p

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not perfect, September 13, 2010
Shipping was faster than the estimated time so nothing to complain about there. The box was packaged well enough and the directions for construction were good enough, though a little cut down, like it fills one 8x11 sheet basically. When building the unit, i ran into the only thing that really was a manufacturer defect, one of my top bars is missing a hole for the light hangers so the long support thing for the lights doesn't sit in right, which is a bit annoying and I may drill it myself, not worth returning in any case. Other than the one issue, the tent is great, the exterior material is strong, though a little too ridged as it has still kept a few creases. The interior material works great, amazing reflection and I didn't feel like i was going to tear it when setting the tent up. Even with out using the one semi unusable hanger bar (there are still 3 usable bars i am currently using), the light and fans I have hanging are not really pulling too hard on the frame, its fairly solid. Overall, the tent is a great value and anyone needing a tent for a couple plants and limited space cant go wrong with this tent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!, October 11, 2012
First off, I'd like everyone to know that my tent DID NOT come with the plastic pieces that folks have been complaining about in reviews! The corners are plastic but very sturdy, HOWEVER the bars that go across to support lights are different! They are 1 piece, the ends flatten out and wrap to fit very nice and stout.

The tent is great, roomy and no light come threw at all. My only complaint is there's no way to run power cord threw this tent, I had to cut a place to run them but hey no biggy. The vent placement didn't work for me, I only used the top vent for my application.

I was really impressed with the quality of the material. All the bars are sturdy metal. Corner pieces are plastic, but plenty strong to do whatever you'll need.

3.0 out of 5 stars Satisfactory tent with dangerous cross beam clips, September 18, 2012
RWC (Here&There) - See all my reviews
The tent works well for starting veggies from seed. The fabric is heavy and the zippers are strong. It provided enough insulation for my seedlings to grow in a cool basement under 24/7 lighting. It does have a dangerous flaw as other reviewers have stated, the plastic crossbeam clips. Luckily I had read the reviews prior to setup and added a safety wire. Just a stiff piece of wire through each of the crossbeams that connects to the fame. One of the clips in my tent broke during the 1st month of use. I was only hanging a couple of small fluorescent fixtures off the beams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, June 22, 2012
I've been using this tent for a year and a half now and has seen me through 2 successful grows. Really couldn't ask for much more at this price. Maybe an extra 20" support bar. I recently lost my plastic corner pieces during a move. Would love to put it back to use, but not have to buy a new one either. If any growers are no longer using their plastic corner pieces let me know. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm very pleased with it., May 20, 2011
I looked at a lot of grow tents before deciding on this, and I'm glad I did. It has nice, heavy duty zippers that don't hang up a lot, especially after breaking them in. The interior is very highly reflective, and makes the most of your lights. My young plants love this tent and are growing rapidly. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% Satisfied, February 11, 2011
Heavy duty material, sturdy construction, cat loves to sleep on top of this thing when it warms up during light cycle and he's so fat his waist size is 'equator'. Everything fit together well. The sewing on the seams and zippers was not the tidiest as there are lots of loose string ends to trim off, minor issue. Very happy with the price and speed of shipping which was free. Excellent buy so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product for the price, January 26, 2012
Overall I'm pleased with this tent. Being 20 inches wide made it fit perfectly into my closet and the doors close properly. It took about 10 minutes to assemble by myself. The mylar is very reflective and the skin is nice and thick. No light leaks when it's all zipped up which is also a plus. The frame easily handles holding up my 250W HID lighting with integrated ballast (about 30 lbs) and my exhaust fan(about 10 lbs). The duct holes are NOT 4 inches. They're 6' with a bit of string to tie them off. I can run 4' ducting through them without even touching the sides. I would have preferred a 4 or 6 inch duct but these will work well I think. Overall I'm pleased and would recommend the tent for a nice small closet grow. It comfortably fits two nice sized plants, I'm doing tomatoes and cucumbers and they're coming along great.