Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

This one is pretty simple. It's a set of road plates for the vehicles and buildings in the Lego City collection. They're expensive, but if you have more than a few Lego City vehicles or sets, you pretty much have to get a pack or two. My son is using them with the buildings from the LEGO City Corner (7641) and has the LEGO City House attached to the side, and it gives him a lot of play space. I recommend picking up a couple dozen smooth grey 2x4 pieces to use as sidewalks. They look good and help hold the plates together.
on June 23, 2013
I bought this for a city build for me and my children and although I wasn't very happy with the price, the product was what I expected. For anyone trying to get a better deal for this (19.99 is what I paid), you will be hard-pressed to find it cheaper. After waiting and looking around for quite some time, I caved and bought it.

The road plates came exactly as pictured and the lane width was perfect for the latest city vehicles. Again, it's just a bit steep on the price.
on October 25, 2015
we used these for part of our lego table we built for christmas last year. it's been almost a year now and he still uses this table, the blocks are durable and haven't had any issues with them. we used gorilla glue to hold them down to the table. my son is 6 next month and still uses this!

The other pieces we used were the LEGO Education Large Building Plates 4570274 (4 Pieces)
review image
on January 23, 2015
I bought several packs of these and then used epoxy to secure them to the top of a small ikea table. Makes a small Lego town for my 4 year old and he loves it. Definitely need some if you have lots of loose Legos.
on January 20, 2015
These arrived right on time and packaged great. They were the perfect addition to our kids LEGOs. As most LEGO items go, they are not low cost, or so it seems, but by having these plates/roads they create the prefect 'invitation' for the kids to create. The way they were using their imagination shifted upon using these road pieces. Was fun to watch the difference in their ideas.
Would recommend.
on January 3, 2013
My son loves these, but they only come two in a pack. You have to buy several packs to be able to build a road, and it ends up being quite expensive.
on January 13, 2013
My grandson wanted this for Christmas. The lego store could not ship until the day before Christmas ($14.99 there)--not an option, and the only place where I could get it was Amazon. I paid $28.00 for the two boards before Christmas which I thought was totally ridiculous considering that more than one set will be needed to make it worthwhile.--only a grandmother!
on December 11, 2012
i heard this was sold $14.99 at the store last year. well, i understand it's not available in the store so i paid $22 for that
however, if you own lego city police station, this will be a great addition
on February 4, 2013
My grandson's eyes got really big when he opened this present. He is a Lego enthusiast and was very excited, wanting to get started right away to begin building his city. Make sure, however, that the child has other sets to use to build above the base - my grandson already had plenty, but no base foundation to work with.
on June 9, 2012
Lego and ToysRUs sell this for $14.99 with Shipping and Tax. You can get it with Amazon Prime with Free Shipping and No Tax and 2 Day Delivery. These plates are a little pricey. I ordered 2 sets and it was $30 for 4 pieces which is expensive. I could warrant paying $10 a piece, but $15 is crazy. Nonetheless, this is the only option around for Lego roads.

See 1 answered question