Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

Price:$7.17+ Free shipping

on May 3, 2012
This mold is good quality and does a fine job for making ice, jello, gummy, or chocolate Lego-like bricks, but it is not Lego-branded and the bricks are not Lego-sized. The bumps are smaller relative to the overall brick size, and the bricks themselves are much bigger than standard Lego, yet not big enough to be Duplo. I have a comparison photo with a fondant brick made in this mold (blue) and a real Lego brick (yellow) here: [...]

Decide what you need this for, because that'll make the difference to how happy you are with the outcome. Are you going to make candies for little kids? Then get it. It's easy, works well, and little kids aren't going to be pedantic about the size. Are you looking to make exact-replica Lego items for a teenager or adult who will notice and care? Then don't bother with it, because it's not accurate.

The minifig ice tray, by contrast, is an official Lego product and makes them to the proper scale. So if you have both, be prepared for them to not go so well together; the accurate minifigs will highlight the inaccurate proportions of these bricks. Then again, I promise if you make a bunch of Lego candies of both types and serve them at a six-year-old's birthday party, they will be delighted and not notice the difference.
on February 11, 2010
We now have oodles of lego cubes in our freezer.
We will also be using it to make chocolate legos for a birthday party.
Sounds like fun.
on February 4, 2012
I purchased the lego brick mold to make candy and crayons for my sons 6th birthday. These were easy to make and fun to eat or color with. I used the tray in the oven at 300* to melt the crayons and they cleaned up easily in the dishwasher. When making the chocolate candies, make sure to tap the filled molds on a hard surface to remove any air bubbles. These were a big hit with the kids and the parents. I would recommend this product to anyone who loves legos.
review image review image
on January 12, 2013
If you're on the verge of getting this one, I would advise against it.

I'm sure you've spent the last hour or so looking at all the different novelty ice cube trays out there. They're all very cool, yes. The fact of the matter is, the ice tastes weird, you will wonder if it will give you cancer, and then you will stop using it. If you can find one that doesn't make weird-tasting ice, get that one.

The taste of these ice cubes will melt away the novelty pretty quickly. Pun intended.
on March 3, 2011
I got this mold to make molded crayons for a crayon recycle project at my sons school, but the mold was so cute, I decided to use it for edible objects! I have used it for molding chocolate lego bricks for our school store. I use every color chocolate and the results are adorable, I also got the lego minifigure silicone mold and that is equally cute and easy!!! kids LOVE them.
77 comments|9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2011
I purchased the Lego brick mold to make chocolates for my son's 7th birthday. It was really easy to use and so much fun. I've never molded chocolate before so that is a learning experience but the mold is simple and the bricks pop right out. After the birthday party, we'll continue to use this for ice or candies again.
on April 2, 2013
The title of this item is misleading. They are LEGO-shaped, but are much much larger than LEGO bricks. They are big like Duplo bricks. My son didn't care, as I was using this to make candy favors for his birthday party. But it should really be rebranded Duplo or at least generic "building brick" tray.
on July 31, 2014
Little torn, I mean the love the lego ice when it's done, but I gotta tell you, it's really tough to make a tray. The tray is super flimsy so when you fill it with water, getting the full tray to the freezer, without spilling it, is quite a task. I recommend getting a piece of stiff cardboard and putting it on right after the fill and going at it that way. Worked better for me.
on February 16, 2014
Let's face it. Today just about every fridge has an ice maker...but...these silicone "Ice cube makers" have a great alternative use as Jello-shot molds...i have also heard great chocolate candies can be made with these :)
on December 3, 2014
Disappointing product. The wells for each brick is too shallow for how flimsy the whole thing is and the result bricks are shorter than actual Lego blocks. The silicone they used isn't rigid enough which is frustrating to handle when refilling.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse