4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for Lego City Enthusiasts
My children love playing with this new passenger plane.
Pros:
The 3181 is smaller and easier to play with than the larger Lego Passenger plane.
This plane is large enough to carry mini-figures while still being small enough to be carried by the younger children.
Cons:
The smaller size does not allow as many mini-figures to be carried nor as...
Published on September 30, 2010 by James Easton

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok...
Published on February 10, 2011 by James Avett

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for Lego City Enthusiasts, September 30, 2010
James Easton (Pasadena, CA USA) - See all my reviews
My children love playing with this new passenger plane.
Pros:
Cons:
The smaller size does not allow as many mini-figures to be carried nor as much cargo as the larger plane.

Overall, my children give this Lego kit very high ratings, making it a welcome addition alongside the Lego Air Mail plane or Lego City Seaplane.

4.0 out of 5 stars Plane fun, October 26, 2010
I bought this set for my 5 year old son, who has quickly come to love Lego toys/sets, particularly the "City" line. This is his 4th set since the summer and he's enjoyed assembling, dismantling and reassembling each one. This is also the biggest one he's built pretty much solo and he's had a grand time doing it. The line is challenging enough in that you have to pay attention to detail to assemble it properly but it's also easy enough for his fingers to be able to do the majority of the work himself. There are some pieces that require adult assistance but that's mostly when it comes to taking it apart, once the pieces have been snapped together quite firmly. My son absolutely loves planes of all types and this has become one of his favorite toy planes.

Overall, the pieces are well constructed and fit well. The end product also looks enough like an actual plane while still not being mistaken for anything but a Lego toy. The colors, as always, are vibrant and, to date, it has held up quite well. My son is quite careful with it so I can't say whether it will or won't stand up to rough play. Then again, I don't think that's what the hallmark of Lego toys is.

My son is very happy with it and he's already looking forward to his next purchase to he can continue building his city.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, August 5, 2011
A Kid's Review
This review is from: LEGO Passenger Plane 3181 (Toy)
I love the passenger plane.

The Pros:
you can put up to 6 people in the plane.
it stays together reasonably well

The Cons:
if you have baggage, there is not much room to put it

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad kit for 30 bucks, April 13, 2011
I have always loved legos as a kid, and even to this day I still love them,and still have a huge container of them in my closet (even though I'm now in my mid 20's). Problem is that I have noticed in the past years that as fun/cool as lego kits are they are becoming REALLY overpriced.

However they do go on sale/become cheaper from time to time so when I saw this kit at my local target for about $35...rather than $45-50. I couldn't resist. The kit itself is pretty cool, and some of the pieces are really intersting, considering I can still remember the last airplane/airport kit that lego released 10-15 yrs ago....I actually had it,and from what I can remember from how the plane looked/was put together this one is a definite step up from it w/ the improvement of how they create the plastic pieces used, like the nose and tail of the plane, so this one looks a lot cleaner/better than old the blocky/square airliner kit.

When I got it, I was actually a bit surprised how big it actually was when I finished it.The plane in this kit is over a foot long and pretty easy to put together so you get a good model that's actually pretty big for under $40...plus you also get the little tug as well.

While I also like the plane w/ the sliding door that's in the full airport kit, I would NOT pay $80 for it, so this was great.

Anybody into flying/legos will probably like and as I've sad if you can get it for under $40 it's a great buy

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok..., February 10, 2011
i bought this for my 4 year old. he really enjoys it. its very easy to put together and seem sturdy. however, one big problem - the people's heads are too high for the airplane and the seats don't really hold the people in. i am going to fix this on my own, but i was surprised about how poorly designed it is. my son has 15 lego people and when you fill the seats up, some heads don't fit and ALL the lego people can barley stay in their seat because they need 4 pegs not 2 to snap into... not a huge deal, but my son loves playing w/the lego people in the plane and they are always falling out...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, November 11, 2010
J. Marsh (Chatham, Kent) - See all my reviews
My son absolutely loves this and anything Lego-related and, I have to say, so do I. Although sometimes I feel that the Lego sets are somewhat overpriced, you can't argue with the fact that the whole Lego concept is so enduring and durable. Lego is one of the only things in our house that is constantly played with by my two sons and they use their imagination to adapt the sets into other (often bizarre!) objects/vehicles/space ships etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars My 8 year old nephew loves this airplane, December 27, 2011
Maureen Brennan (Calgary, Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Passenger Plane 3181 (Toy)
I bought this lego airplane for my 8 year old nephew for Christmas and he loved it! He was able to put it all together by himself. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Needs glue!, March 4, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Passenger Plane 3181 (Toy)
Lego airport is very durable and easy to build. My four year old helped build it, however, because they are young, this age group gets very frustrated when the airplane components fall apart. Therefore my solution was to glue the parts together! It worked better and no more tears.

5.0 out of 5 stars LEGO Passenger Plane 3181, December 31, 2011
Brick (Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Passenger Plane 3181 (Toy)
This set was brillant, i decided to get one ever since I saw a review. The airport wwas actually bigger then I thought, so I plan to purchase a passenger plane, to complete the airport effect. The Jet holds 12 people. The terminals good, but not excellent, it lacks in detail and realism. The airtraffic control tower I can not fault in any ways, its a brillant design! A downside to this set is a lack of minifigures! I mean 1 pilot for a 2 piloted big jet? Come on lego thats abit wierd and 1 passenger for a jet that big? It could also have a couple mroe staff, not forgetting another set of whees at the back of the airport stairs, I mean, 2 wheels? But overall its a good set, i'd recmend it anyone who is a a Lego City fan.
Pros:
Big Jet
Realistic control tower
Detail
Refueling station
Suitcase pully and boarding stairs
Cons
Many stickers
Lack of Minifigures
Dull airport terminal (Inside)
Door on plane falls of easily.
No airport gate! (Come on Lego, there was one in the 2009 model!)
Overall, I'd rate this set a..... 8.5 it's a brillant set, but I dont think it quiet reachs my expectations, the 2009 airport had many more playabilty features on the terminal, but this doesn't, but its grate value for money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good build for a 5 yr old, December 27, 2011
H. Bell (West Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Passenger Plane 3181 (Toy)
Got this as a present for my 5 yr old aspiring pilot. He loved it and the Tug as well.

LEGO Passenger Plane 3181