4.0 out of 5 stars Like "Pictionary" But With Legos!
The game is similar to Pictionary but instead of drawing, you use Legos.

What is in the game:

-- a Lego Dice, which has the categories that can be found on the cards (Buildings, Nature, Things, Vehicles) as well as a You Choose and Double (which is like You Choose but you get double points if you guess.

-- a set of 96 cards divided into...
Published on April 14, 2010 by Jennifer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best of the new Lego games
My boys, 9 and 11, have Minotaurus and Magikus from the new line of Lego games. They enjoyed those and bought Creationary today. Even though Creationary seems like it would be more creative, they don't give you nearly enough bricks to build the items on the cards. The boys ended up frustrated that they couldn't build what they wanted with the amount of bricks they're...
Published on August 22, 2010 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 333 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring and Frustrating!!, October 27, 2012
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
I just played this game with my 7 yr old and 9 yr old. There are so many problems with this game I don't even know where to start! I rarely leave reviews, but I hated this game so much, I just had to let people know.

First, as many reviewers stated, there are not enough parts to make anything. We had to say things like, "Ignore that these bricks are green. There aren't enough red." Sometimes, there aren't even enough pieces in a size in ANY color to make what you want to make! MADDENING!!

Second, it takes so long for anyone to actually make anything, the other players are bored stiff just waiting. BORING!!

Third, it's HARD to make things! My poor daughter ended up in tears everytime it was her turn. After three rounds, we gave up. Even after someone builds something, they have to give MAJOR hints to everyone so that it can be guessed. FRUSTRATING!!

Don't waste your money on this game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Game, December 30, 2010
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
My boys, ages 8 and 10, received this game for Christmas and we have been playing every night since. This is the best family game I have played for several reasons:

1. It really makes you (and the other players) think creatively. If you were to tell me a week ago I'd be able to make the Taj Mahal out of 12 peices of Lego's I would have said you were crazy, but I did it and the kids even guessed what it was!

2. What a great way to teach problem solving. Yes, there aren't as many blocks as most people would like, but that is part of the challenge. Using the variety given and the colors given only make it more fun.

3. We do nothing but laugh when we play this game. I admit, I probably love it almost more than the kids!

Do not hesitate in buying this game for your family, it is so much fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Game But ..., December 1, 2010
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
This is a great game, but instead of investing in this game, I recommend purchasing a set of Lego Bricks & More that sells for about $50 and use your imagination. With these blocks you can still play this game and it requires more imagination-instead of cards suggesting what you make, the child makes their own creation and it's easier to adjust the play time. For example, instead of a 30-60 minute round, you can adjust the play time based on the time available-a quick round before bed allows the child to make one creation for you to guess in about 10 minutes or everyone can join in for an hour+ session. Also, this allows the child to play & create alone instead of waiting for "someone to play with me".
Best of both worlds!

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry Lego - Epic Failure, December 27, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
First off, we own tons of LEGOs and think the "FRIENDS" and "CITY" are hours of fun. However, as Lgames go, CREATIONARY is an epic failure. There is no way to accurately 'create' most of the items on the cards due to the limited supply of parts and colors. There are wheels which make the vehicles [with wheels] easy, but how do you create a pirate ship, or a banana for that matter. A coffee maker? THe only way they were able to guess that I was making a log cabin was because I used the saem color scheme as our Lincoln Logs. THere is no way to make a slanted roof so any structure [doghouse for example] is an exercise in futility. We have tried playing this game with all age ranges in our family and at each stage they all say the same thing: This is boring because all the parts are not there. It is as if the designers of the game and the designers of the cards that come with the game were not in the same room. They took a bunch of spare parts, made up cards and vague rules, and tossed them in a box. We are going to return this item as 'defective'. Sorry LEGO - Love everything else but CREATIONARY is a miss.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun but a little tough, October 29, 2010
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
It's a little expensive for what you get and I have no idea how you would build half of the items on the cards but my kids (6, 10, 11) like it and we've had fun together playing it. Understandably on the difficult side for the 6 y/o but great for the other two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the whole family, really, December 29, 2010
Chad Lawrence (Lewisville, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
My kids received this game as a gift for Christmas so we opened it up and have played a few times and to summarize, it's been fun.

The game is essentially Pictionary with Legos. You roll a die and draw a card to see what it is you are going to try to build, and the other players try to guess what you're building. When someone guesses correctly, the person who guessed gets points and the person who built gets points.

There are different ways to play, but since we played with young kids and it was important to keep their attention, we didn't take turns guessing, everyone just shouted when they had an idea. We also set a timer so that if it wasn't guessed after 5 minutes, no one got points and we moved on to the next player.

We had players from age 5 on up to 70+, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. My only concern is that after a few plays you will start to remember what's on the cards and it will make the guessing easier. Also, it is sometimes hard to tell what the card is telling you to build. It would have been nice to label them, even if this might have added to the production cost.

Like other Lego games, you're encouraged to change the rules to make the game more fun. There are options included for team vs. team games or couple vs. couple. There are different ways you can organize the guessing, and you can always create your own build items using handwritten notes instead of the included cards. It may also be fun to use other lego pieces from other sets instead of confining yourself to what's in the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for all ages, December 26, 2010
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
My wife and I bought this game recently. We have no kids, but do play a lot of board games. I'm also a huge fan of Lego. As stated by some other reviewers, this is similar to Pictionary, but with Lego blocks.

There are different difficulty levels of cards. When we first played, almost everyone took the easiest cards. However, once you figure out that you don't have to make a scale replica of the picture on the card, the objects get easier to build.

The two complaints that I heard about this game: 1) not enough pieces to build what is shown in the picture; and 2) Not enough cards in the deck. To address the first: this game is about getting someone to guess what you're building. It's not to build an exact replica! If you have to build a zoo, it would be overkill to build seven different areas, each with little scale animals, glass windows, bars, paths, people, a concession area, etc. No, maybe build a little animal and a single cage. I guarantee that someone would guess zoo.

To the second point, I agree that there should be more cards. However, you could very easily grab a pictionary deck and use that. The disadvantage of that would be that you can't see a picture of what you need to build.

We thoroughly enjoy this game. It is great for children and adults because of the varying difficulty level of cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego Creationary, April 28, 2010
Excellent for any child 5 or older that loves Lego's. Lots of small parts to create many things. Hold's 8 yr. old's interest. Would highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fun charades with LEGOs, November 28, 2010
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
This is my first LEGO game purchased, and boy is it fun. I played with my adult siblings and a preschooler. We were laughing our heads off the whole time!

The cards each have four categories/pictures that you can build from the LEGOs depending on what the die roll says. How you build depends on the person - maybe you actually build the piece to look like the picture, or you build to illustrate a concept, or you use the pieces like lines to "draw" your word. It's basically charades, and the players decide what is allowable or not (like sound effects, motions with the LEGOs, etc.). The best part about the game is that it can be very free form with the rules depending on the players ages and how creative they want to be. Also, players can decide how specific/complex the correct words have to be (boat vs. sailboat vs. catamaran). So, this game is scalable in complexity from grade school to adults. This makes it a very inclusive game that the whole family can play together.

Right now, the game price fluctuates a little, but seems to range in the low $30's. That is not a bad deal since you get >300 pieces of LEGOs. I try to get LEGO's <10 cents/piece. This is comforting in case you really dislike the game, and it's past due for return, you can just roll the pieces over into other existing LEGO sets. There is a good variety of basic to specialty pieces. You can also add pieces from other LEGO sets to enhance gameplay. I suspect that if you don't keep tight control on the game set, a lot of pieces will get pilfered by the kids to augment other LEGO sets.

My only gripe is that only one full figure with "guy" hair and one super-tiny figure are included. It would have been better to include a couple of LEGO figures in the set for those that want to play with multiple teams.

Lastly, I have to give a shout out to my bro who guessed "windmill" correctly when I only had three pieces put together!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so Easy to Play, December 2, 2012
Karen (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
I'm a play therapist and love the original Creator board game and wanted a newer version, but it's no longer in production so I bought this. I used it with an average 11 year old and we both had a hard time trying to build the objects in the picture. What I liked about the old board game is that the picture card was more of a blueprint to choose the bricks and to build it step by step. This one allows for creative design, but without any suggestions, it was way too challenging.

‹ Previous | 1 2 333 | Next ›

LEGO Creationary Game (3844)
Used & New from: $74.00