4.0 out of 5 stars Like "Pictionary" But With Legos!
The game is similar to Pictionary but instead of drawing, you use Legos.

What is in the game:

-- a Lego Dice, which has the categories that can be found on the cards (Buildings, Nature, Things, Vehicles) as well as a You Choose and Double (which is like You Choose but you get double points if you guess.

-- a set of 96 cards divided into...
Published on April 14, 2010 by Jennifer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best of the new Lego games
My boys, 9 and 11, have Minotaurus and Magikus from the new line of Lego games. They enjoyed those and bought Creationary today. Even though Creationary seems like it would be more creative, they don't give you nearly enough bricks to build the items on the cards. The boys ended up frustrated that they couldn't build what they wanted with the amount of bricks they're...
Published on August 22, 2010 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 534 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Recommend buying extra lego pieces for this, December 10, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
It's very hard, I am 28 years old and my boyfriend is 36 and we struggled, there just aren't enough lego pieces to create the images on the cards, the cards in the easy section were still hard for us, stimulating for creativity though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great family game - played with our older sons when home for holidays as they loved legos as kids, December 7, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
We had fun but bent the rules like they suggested so more challenging. Needs a hour glass timer in the box too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too difficult for younger kids, but they don't mind just building with the pieces., October 22, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
Unlike Lego Creator the board game which my family loves (ages 5,6,11), Lego Creationary is too difficult for them because their is not guidance on how to build a design to look like your clue. Most of our guesses are way off, and the younger kids will take forever to try to imagine a design. They don't mind just building with the pieces in the box, but it is a frustrating game for them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun game, needs tweaking., January 5, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
I received Creationary for Christmas and have played it twice. Once with an eight-year old. and once with a group of adults (I was the youngest at 33!)

Both times we had fun playing but there are few challenges with this game. One is packaging. It needs a lid for the inner tray or maybe a deeper tray. I found that I had to use Press N Seal wrap to keep the bricks in their spots between uses, otherwise transporting or storing this game caused all the bricks to jumble together. Not a huge problem, but if you want to quickly sit down and play, having the pieces mixed together is harder to start with.

The pictures on the cards are hard to build. The 8 year old had fun building but didn't know what a lot of the pictures were meant to be-she had no idea what the Eiffel Tower was. The adults, admittedly not Lego fans, had no idea where to start building with even the "easy" pictures. They knew what the object was, but didn't know where to even start. Perhaps a beginning set of cards where the object is shown already built with bricks so people get more of an idea of where to start and are not as overwhelmed?

The bricks themselves seem, at first, to be plentiful. And, to be honest, the number is fine. However, the basic building blocks are lacking. You might be given 2 yellow 2X2, but need 8. You can mix colors, yes, but overall, I found that the basic ones are lacking. I may be adding more over time as I figure out the ones we need the most (such as more roof tiles!).

That being said, we all had a lot of fun playing and trying to guess what someone was building. It will be a game I pull out often in the future. I doubt a non-Lego lover would end up with this game as it seems to be geared towards those who already build and have an idea on how the bricks work together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisitely simple, fun for everyone, November 25, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
I grew up in a Lego-free home, with three sisters. I NEVER had any interest in Legos as a child. I postponed acquiring Legos for as long as possible, because I didn't want them all over the place. (I know, I'm a terrible mom!) anyway, my husband just bought this game. he desperately longs for family game night, but it has never worked out, because Our kids are 7, 5, and baby, and usually everyone is frustrated and bickering before we can even get the game set up. I was afraid I would hate this game because I don't know how to build with Legos! My daughter was also very skeptical. We opened this game, figured it out and got started lickety-split, even while juggling the baby. We played beyond the suggested 5 points, because we were having such a good time! I won! It's true, there was a little helping here and ther, and a bit of hint-giving, but if you are playing with little kids, this is normal. Seriously: playing Candyland or UNO with this family is a nightmare, but this was really fun. Objectively, probably overpriced, but I don't mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars WAY OVER PRICED!, November 16, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
This game is awesome but please be smart and shop around! These prices are absolutely rediculous! Just price check before you purchase or you could end up spending twice the amount!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very fun came with a couple flaws., November 14, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
I purchased this game for my daughter a few months back. She has had it for months and still loves it. However I would reccomend one of the booster packs to have additional cards to make it less likely become obvious what your making after playing the game numerous times.. We did add pieces to make the game more fun, I thought of this as more of a starter kit. We kept a mini notebook with a running tally of the pieces we wish we had.
The key is to remember that you don't have to make a supremely detailed model; you just have to make enough to help people guess. You can say "I ran out of green so pretend the yellow is green." It's never been a problem for us. The drawback is the game does not come with enough blocks to make all the items on the card. However if you already have extra legos at home this will not be a problem. And you can always improvised as I have stated above.
The game holds up really well and overall it is a fun change of pace from the traditional board games on the market.
Also the ages are 7+ my daughter was able to play this well even though she is only 5.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as fun as I'd hoped., January 17, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
The idea of this game (building what the cards tell you) seems really fun & interactive, but the reality is, it takes too long for each person to build his/her object & the kids got bored too easily. Also, the "Easy" Cards were not always so easy. Some of the "easy" objects should've been categorized differently. Overall this toy is just "ok".

4.0 out of 5 stars fussyladyinNE, January 11, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
I purchased this for my 8 year old who loves playing games and loves playing with Legos. I thought this was a perfect combonation! The reason I did not give it 5 stars: it is a bit harder than I thought it would be. I find the "easy" cards hard to build but I think we will "grow" into it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sloooooow game!, January 16, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Creationary Game (3844) (Toy)
The fundamental flaw with this game is that creating anything takes time. They might as well rename this "The Waiting Game." Nobody wants to wait five to ten minutes per player as they rifle through tiny Lego pieces trying to construct something (far too few of the interesting pieces!). Nobody ever gets to finish their object, either, because it gets guessed long before it is complete. It looked like a fun game in theory, but turned out to be a total loss as a game. I bought this for my daughter for X-mas, and I will be truly surprised if anyone plays with it again after the single time we played it. My 30+ daughter, my 11 & 14 year old grandkids & I were extremely bored in the first 5 minutes of the game and looking for any excuse to leave the game, which we brought to a close after no more than 15 minutes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 534 | Next ›

LEGO Creationary Game (3844)
Used & New from: $36.00