Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Nintendo DS
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Video Game|Change

on June 28, 2012
I've been playing for 2 days & I'm at about 40% completed in regards to game progress, unlocked characters, and red brick cheats. There are spoilers.

I love this game! I saw the trailer, so I knew Luthor & Superman were in it, but that's not even the half of it! I've unlocked Vixen, Black Canary, Superboy(black t-shirt clone Connor Kent Superboy, not teenage Clark), and a few Batman villians that I became familiar with from the first Lego Batman(I'm not a huge comic book reader, but I loved the DCAU shows from Batman:TAS to Justice League Unlimited). I know Flash & Green Lantern will be unlockable because certain cheats can't be unlocked without them.

The icons are a little smaller so if you have bigger fingers, you'll have to use your stylus during free play. Also, I unlocked the X2, X4, & X6 red bricks already so if you were hoping for a challenge in stud collecting, you might be disappointed(although you could just leave it off).

All in all, I'm enjoying this more than the first Lego Batman, which I've played over & over again for months.
on August 21, 2012
I bought this game for my 3 year old son. He loves playing the lego games because you cannot die and have to start over. So while he was sleeping, I would play the game. This is a whole lot of fun. It plays like a regular lego game with blocks to build and puzzles to figure out. But I don't like this game because the levels are too long and there aren't enough of them. I thought the extra Justice League section would add on to it, but they are just battles. I also wish that you could get the JL characters earlier in the story. But it made him happy, so I guess its okay. I would have to say that the first lego Batman was better overall.
on December 8, 2015
I bought this game for my son and he loves it. Of course I decided to test it out for some time in order to properly write a review on here. I was quite satisfied with the game structure and levels. It has been awhile since I have played on a portable game console and was pleased to see how far these games have gone. Despite lacking in graphics, these games provide many similarities and skill sets as the full fledge games for the major game consoles.
on March 31, 2016
The graphics a poor even for DS standards. Music is good, its taken from the 90's Tim Burton Batman. Gameplay is as expected. All Lego games follow the same format now. Nothing wrong with that, they're all fun.
If you've played any of the previous portable Lego games by Traveler's Tales, you'll feel right at home with Lego Batman 2. The only real changes to the formula this time around are the suits that Batman and Robin can change into to solve some of the many little puzzle elements that you'll encounter throughout the levels, not to mention bosses (Really, I've only beaten Lego Pirates on the PSP/DS/3DS so far, and that game contained no boss battles).

Unlike many of the Lego games, all of the levels in Lego Batman 2 follow one big, original storyline. This is also the first game in the series to utilize talking characters. While I don't mind this change at all (Besides, I could hardly understand some cutscenes in previous installments), I found Batman's voice to be very monotone. Thanks to the recent Lego Movie, I know they could do better on that aspect. I will say, though, for a DS title, there's plenty of cutscenes, and in a 3D platformer that's GOOD to boot!

The tried-and-true gameplay mechanics fare well here. You run around the environment, smash Lego objects, collect studs, and solve puzzles. The puzzles are usually straightforward, but some can actually make you look around for a bit before finding the answer. There's also a good amount of enemies to beat up, and Batman and Robin would sometimes even pull off a flashy finishing blow.

Really, the only problem with the game is that it can come off as repetitive. The gameplay never truly evolves, nor is there a lot of variety. Also, for a game with the subtitle, DC Super Heroes, it's disappointing to see that those heroes show up only at the final level of the game, with the exception of Superman.

But overall, if you enjoy playing the Lego games, there's no harm in picking this one up. If you don't like the Lego games, then this won't help. If you're new to the series, and enjoy platformers, then feel free to hop in! You just might like it.
on February 6, 2014
I bought this game as a replacement for my nephew this past Christmas. The shipping was quick and it was delivered right to his parents front door. This was the first time I used the gift option with a note. It added a personal touch.
on November 6, 2013
A game I bought for my step-son, which he loves. He plays this game continuously. He has not tired of this game, nor do I expect that he will. He is an avid Lego fan, as well as Batman fan. This is a great game. He is a 12-year old and loves it!
on September 18, 2012
Very much harder then any other Lego games I have purched before.Of course I am not much of a gamer. Lego games I know how to play I thought. Almost to the end and it only took me three weeks. Still stuck on last screen I would say it is a little difficult to exit the Batcave and reenter game play, but as I said not a real gamer. Like what I have seen so far.
on December 21, 2013
This was a present for my nephew and grandson. 'They both were over joyed with the games. I don't know anything about these games what so ever. They tell me what games are current and I purchase the games for them. The boys are very happy with these games.
on March 23, 2013
Great Price.. Fast shipping.. Great Seller.. Great Product!!.. If you played the first.. you'll love the 2nd.. more characters.. more fighting moves.. I got this for my son and I find myself playing with it as well!!..