4.0 out of 5 stars Tongue in cheek fun - try downloading this way
Published on November 8, 2012 by J. Grant

2.0 out of 5 stars An amazing game that crashes incessantly.
Let me just preface this by saying, quite clearly, I have never reviewed a game online and I consider myself quite the "hardcore gamer." But I am compelled to write this.

Published on December 11, 2012 by Dale

4.0 out of 5 stars Tongue in cheek fun - try downloading this way, November 8, 2012
J. Grant (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
If you're a superhero fan and are looking for an action game with a sense of humor, I'd recommend this game. Though they share the same protagonist, this game is about as far away from the Arkham Asylum / Arkham City series of games as you can get. A great one for the kids as well. New to this installment is the use of voice actors compared to the strictly pantomimed cutscenes of the previous Lego Batman game.

I've read quite a few reviews here that said the download experience can be a bit of a pain. If you'd like to download it directly from Steam after purchasing from Amazon, try this:

1. When you first purchase the game on Amazon, if it prompts you to download it, decline. All you will need from Amazon is the Product Code generated when you purchase the game.
2. I already had an existing Steam account, so if you don't, create one first and download the client software from their site. You will need a Steam account regardless of how you choose to install this product.
3. Go to the "Your Games and Software Library" page of the "My Account" section in your Amazon account.
4. Copy the "Product Code" listed under your game.
5. Open up Steam, and click "Add a Game".
6. Choose "Activate a Product on Steam".
7. You will need to click though a couple of prompts, then will be asked for the Product Code. Paste the code your copied from Amazon in step 4.
8. This game will then be added to your Steam Library, and you can download and play the game.

I've done this for quite a few games over the years and have had no problems whatsoever. Enjoy the game!

5.0 out of 5 stars PC version requires higher specs than previous lego games, June 22, 2012
Cecilia Marcano (Caracas, MI Venezuela) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I think this is the best lego game yet because:

*) Gameplay has improved, it really feels that it is a new engine. This is not a remake of previos lego games, it is similar but feel better.
*) Original story with voice acting. My PC version has English, Spanish and more spoken laguages. It is more appealing to know what will happens next than with already known stories like Harry Potter. I think Harry Potter makes no sense storywise.
*) Characters and Suits are so different between them that better co-operation is achievable, as compared with other franchises were characters are too similar.
*) Open World is great. My kids enjoy a lot fooling around in Pirates of the Caribbean and Clone Wars, so I know this will be a great feature here.

Only two bad things:

*) This game demands more machine specs than previuos lego games. I have an old Alienware m15 with NVIDIA 8800M GTX were we have played all previos lego games, even the newest like Clone Wars, Pirates and Harry Potter. But this game runs kind of sluggish there, playable but with some lags. Myabe I need more RAM, but we ended up playing on our newest custom built computer with an ATI Radeon HD 6900 which of course its more than enough. You don't need latest graphics adapter, but will not run on an old machine.
*) I usually buy downloaded games, I don't like to have the DVD around.

My conclusion is that this is the best lego game that I have played in many many years, great for co-op between brothers, friends or even dad and kid. Go for it, but if your PC is kind of old, just go with the console Versions and avoid frusration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, September 10, 2012
One of the best lego game's out there.
if you get PC download you get a key for steam.
not sure about box game (retail).

5.0 out of 5 stars The best lego game yet!, June 26, 2012
Evanol (Riverside, Ca) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Is the opinion of my 9 and 7 year olds. They didn't even like the first Lego Batman that much but this is their all time favorite. The game has the usual lego humor and is fun to play. The charactures actually speaking in the game was a nice suprise. They rate the top 3 Lego games #1 Batman 2, #2 Pirates of the caribbean and #3 Indiana Jones 2. I personally rate Pirates of the Caribbean my top choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bat is Back to Kick some Brick..., December 13, 2012
To be frank I am a big Lego games fan, but this one is truly something special.

Pros:

- Loads of characters to play with (50 in fact!), like Superman, Green Lantern, The Flash, The Entire Justice League (Also baddies like Lex Luthor, The Joker...)

- It's a lot of fun to play with friends or on your own, and has a decent length also with bundles of replay value

- Funny Cut Scenes and great cinematography

- Looks realistic, like actual plastic

- Easy to pick up and play

- Excellent Voice Acting

Cons:

- Could take you less than 20 hours to complete if you're very good

- Under-rated on amazon due to some people's technical issues...

But that aside, the unanimous verdict is this is an awesome game! It's loads of fun and is chock full of collectibles and characters, not to mention its LEGO

2.0 out of 5 stars An amazing game that crashes incessantly., December 11, 2012

The biggest disappointment of the year for my son and myself: Lego Batman 2. I bought this for him as a reward. I have a custom-built gaming PC which far exceeded the game's recommended system specs. This game crashes CONSTANTLY. I have about twelve other demanding games installed on my PC just at this moment, and none of them ever crash, ever. My poor son played the first section of the game over and over until even he couldn't take it anymore, because we could never get very far at all past the first level without the game dropping to the desktop or completely locking up my PC altogether.

I contacted Lego games, Warner Brothers games, and even tried Steam support, and no one ever could direct me to anyone who could provide an explanation as to why this nice new game simply will not work on a machine that always works perfectly well with any other games. Which is a true shame, and a tease, because we could tell this would be one of the most well-designed and entertaining games available today. A total shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great co-op fun, December 14, 2012
Like most LEGO games from Travellers Tales, LEGO Batman 2 is great fun to play co-op. The addition of an open world to explore and giving voices to all the characters are the two main differences to previous titles, and both improve the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Many changes but still high up in my list., July 30, 2014
LEGO Batman is definitely my favorite LEGO game. With that history, I had high hopes with this sequel. I was not necessarily disappointed; more like confused at times. Although it is still better than some of the other LEGO games I've tried, it was certainly different. I had a hard time at times understanding what I was supposed to do or even where I was.

For example, there is no "bat cave" that is your base that you can go to after every level to do different things including choosing the level you want to play. In this game, you start off in the first level but after that you are apparently loose in Gotham City and you have to figure out a way to get to the next level. It was quite confusing the first time as I didn't know where I was, if I was in the next level or not. I only happened to stumble upon the next one by accident.

What I do like about this game is that because the levels are substantially longer, they give you the option to either save and continue or save and quit at certain checkpoints through out the levels. This makes it handy if you for whatever reason cannot finish the level.

Another change with this game is actual speaking voices. Not just mumbles and grunts, this game has many video cut scenes where the characters have speaking roles. It is quite different from what I'm used to and honestly, I liked it better when they didn't speak because that just bumped up the cuteness factor a whole lot. But it isn't necessarily a negative in my view. You can decide if you like it or not.

All in all, I do like this game as Batman has been my favorite in the LEGO series. The new ways to use the new suits and vehicles make it interesting. I am enjoying playing this game and actually play this one over 2 other LEGO games I have just bought that are waiting to be played. Good game and can't go wrong if you like the first LEGO Batman.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but buggy, June 17, 2014
I buy these games for my children, and they are fun but Traveller's Tales needs to let us play them before releasing them because I find so many bugs, game freezes, spots where characters get stuck, things that won't work under certain conditions, etc.

I believe this was the first game with the free play map. Marvel Superheroes was later, and it shows. It is so frustrating that while you are switching characters, the other player's gameplay stops abruptly. Also, the flying controls are terrible. These things were mostly fixed in the Marvel game.

It's a fun game to play with your kids, or by yourself, but some aspects like I mentioned above are just maddeningly frustrating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty great., May 8, 2014
It works on Steam. The end.

Okay, I could probably review the game itself, but... meh. It's a Lego game. Either you haven't played them, in which case you should start with Lego Star Wars, or you have, in which case you don't need a review.