Most helpful positive review
15 of 15 people found the following review helpful
Tongue in cheek fun - try downloading this way
on November 8, 2012
If you're a superhero fan and are looking for an action game with a sense of humor, I'd recommend this game. Though they share the same protagonist, this game is about as far away from the Arkham Asylum / Arkham City series of games as you can get. A great one for the kids as well. New to this installment is the use of voice actors compared to the strictly pantomimed cutscenes of the previous Lego Batman game.
I've read quite a few reviews here that said the download experience can be a bit of a pain. If you'd like to download it directly from Steam after purchasing from Amazon, try this:
1. When you first purchase the game on Amazon, if it prompts you to download it, decline. All you will need from Amazon is the Product Code generated when you purchase the game.
2. I already had an existing Steam account, so if you don't, create one first and download the client software from their site. You will need a Steam account regardless of how you choose to install this product.
3. Go to the "Your Games and Software Library" page of the "My Account" section in your Amazon account.
4. Copy the "Product Code" listed under your game.
5. Open up Steam, and click "Add a Game".
6. Choose "Activate a Product on Steam".
7. You will need to click though a couple of prompts, then will be asked for the Product Code. Paste the code your copied from Amazon in step 4.
8. This game will then be added to your Steam Library, and you can download and play the game.
I've done this for quite a few games over the years and have had no problems whatsoever. Enjoy the game!