Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on September 20, 2010
It's a 10x10 inch lego baseplate. They aren't as thick as they use to make them (I could have sworn they were 1 brick thick before), but are still a great product. The flexibility of it lets you bend the board just enough to loosen flat tile pieces.

I bought mine at the Lego website. They are $4.99 each, but they limit 5 per customer (both in blue and green). Shipping is reasonable if you buy 75$ or more (free standard shipping). Otherwise, shipping is $5 for standard.

Always, always, always check retail prices VS. Amazon prices. Sometimes its worth paying more if you have prime. Sometimes, it's not.

4/2/2013 UPDATE: It looks like Amazon is selling this product for retail price as an add-on item! Hooray!
44 comments63 of 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2013
I bought 4 of these to make a lego table. I wanted something that my 2 yr old and 5 yr old could use. I took a chance with these being $5 and the duplo plates being $15. It works well for both duplo legos and small Legos. I am very happy with this purchase.
11 comment28 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 30, 2010
There's only so much you can say about a blue Lego baseplate. It's blue,that's one thing. It's Lego, that's two. And I guess to round it out, it's a baseplate. It certainly fulfills all of it's promise! Admirable! 5 Stars!
0Comment64 of 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2013
Same price as lego.com but free shipping with prime was a winner for me. I bought 15 of these in blue and green and glued them to one of my sons old craft tables. Now he has a new table to create Lego worlds on for less the $100 (including the epoxy). I could not be happier and so is my son. They are thin as others have said but if using them for a table they work great.

Tip- Don't forget to check to make sure you space them correctly when gluing them. I found there is a tiny gap between each sheet if you want the Legos to work across the pieces. You don't even notice the gap now that it has dried. I used Legos at each corner to hold them in place while they dried.
0Comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2011
Great addition to expand you Lego building area. Durable and Flexible. Kid loves it. Price was excellent. Medium size. Not for the larger Duplo size blocks.
on July 23, 2010
Exvellent addition to building blocks! You can have so much more fun. We build the whole city with my son on it. He just loves doing it!
which is a ten-inch by ten-inch thin blue board that contains hundreds of hubs. There are no equivalent plates I know of this size in gray or concrete putty. But it is only ten inches on a square = 100 square inches.

If your carpet is plush, this building plate is pretty thin and may bow (and hence resist attachment by bricks) to a frustrating degree, especially for younger kids. Best to use a work table or kitchen table -- something stable. Then again, doesn't that lessen the need for this product significantly?

It appears in the Product Info. but I will repeat that this item contains only one (1) Building Plate, though I myself can witness that it's easily to misconstrue the product title as plural. All in all, this particular item is strictly an option, and if you don't think your LEGO products should rest on a blue baseplate, then avoid this one. But if your or your child's favorite color is blue, the ensuing surrealism may be fun to underlie urban scenes and building sets, not distracting.
Mega Bloks Micro Bloks Tub (1000)
on June 8, 2013
I bought it for $5 as an add-on item. May be it is worth the price. It needs a solid surface. Can't use this in carpet floor.
on April 18, 2013
I knew what I was getting when I ordered this, but I really wish Lego would make these building plates thicker. When my son loads his up with "skyscrapers", the thing bends this way and that, occasionally spilling his creations on the floor as he's showing them to me.
on September 24, 2010
When this arrived, I was surprised how small it was compared to what I envisioned in my head. My son has trouble getting his Legos to stay on it especially when he picks it up. It is rather thin and flimsy unless sitting on a flat surface. I doubt I would buy this again.
22 comments5 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse