Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LEGO Blue Building Plate (10" x 10")
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 20, 2010
It's a 10x10 inch lego baseplate. They aren't as thick as they use to make them (I could have sworn they were 1 brick thick before), but are still a great product. The flexibility of it lets you bend the board just enough to loosen flat tile pieces.

I bought mine at the Lego website. They are $4.99 each, but they limit 5 per customer (both in blue and green). Shipping is reasonable if you buy 75$ or more (free standard shipping). Otherwise, shipping is $5 for standard.

Always, always, always check retail prices VS. Amazon prices. Sometimes its worth paying more if you have prime. Sometimes, it's not.

4/2/2013 UPDATE: It looks like Amazon is selling this product for retail price as an add-on item! Hooray!
44 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2013
I bought 4 of these to make a lego table. I wanted something that my 2 yr old and 5 yr old could use. I took a chance with these being $5 and the duplo plates being $15. It works well for both duplo legos and small Legos. I am very happy with this purchase.
on November 16, 2013
Same price as lego.com but free shipping with prime was a winner for me. I bought 15 of these in blue and green and glued them to one of my sons old craft tables. Now he has a new table to create Lego worlds on for less the $100 (including the epoxy). I could not be happier and so is my son. They are thin as others have said but if using them for a table they work great.

Tip- Don't forget to check to make sure you space them correctly when gluing them. I found there is a tiny gap between each sheet if you want the Legos to work across the pieces. You don't even notice the gap now that it has dried. I used Legos at each corner to hold them in place while they dried.
on May 30, 2010
There's only so much you can say about a blue Lego baseplate. It's blue,that's one thing. It's Lego, that's two. And I guess to round it out, it's a baseplate. It certainly fulfills all of it's promise! Admirable! 5 Stars!
on January 31, 2016
This LEGO Blue Building Plate (10" x 10") is a must have for any Lego lovers collection. The possibilities for this blue Lego Building plate are absolutely endless in the hands of a young Lego master. It inspires lots of creative thinking and imagination. It can be anything your little heart desires to build. This blue Lego building plate has kept my little Lego fanatic busy for countless hours and with the addition of other building plates to his collection it can easily make a young minds imagination go in to overdrive.

Definitely Mom and Lego fanatic approved. I think sometimes even I have just as much fun playing with Legos as he does.
on December 8, 2011
Great addition to expand you Lego building area. Durable and Flexible. Kid loves it. Price was excellent. Medium size. Not for the larger Duplo size blocks.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 16, 2014
I bought this product because my son likes building multi level constructions. He generally uses this one as the second level while the bigger brother LEGO Duplo Green Building Plate (15" X 15") stays at the base. We have used it both with legos and lego duplos. It works with both however since it is not specifically designed for duplos, they don't stick securely and get detached easily.

The reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is the price tag. That is just a piece of regular plastic which would cost way less than a dollar to manufacture. However, since Lego is a big empire which has created a longstanding monopoly in the field they pump up the price. I like lego toys, I think they make the word kids a more colorful place while improving their imagination and fine motor skills. However this should not mean that I can accept a $6 price tag for something that basic...
on September 28, 2015
Bought these for my grandson and granddaughter to go along with the Lego sets I bought them. Makes it easier to build objects without them falling over or down. A little pricey at times, I caught these at a pretty good price. It would be nice if Lego would bring out a 24"x24" or bigger (at a reasonable price) to have a bigger building surface.
on March 4, 2015
This plate delivers. I mean it's definitely 10 X 10, it's most definitely blue and it fits lego and duplo pieces exactly. I was pleased by all these things.
I use these plates to make framed display boards for my nephew's ever growing minifigure collection and he can also take them off the wall and use them as a baseboard for imaginative playtime.
They're good to cover the top of a table as well when creating your President Business inspired adult lego city masterpieces, not that I've done that...just saying.
on April 18, 2013
I knew what I was getting when I ordered this, but I really wish Lego would make these building plates thicker. When my son loads his up with "skyscrapers", the thing bends this way and that, occasionally spilling his creations on the floor as he's showing them to me.