Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LEGO Brick Themes DUPLO My First Farm 6141
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 27, 2012
This is a duplo farm scene and, let's face it, how can you go wrong with lego blocks? As the kids build, you can talk to them about colors, structure dynamics (why do we have to have supporting pieces for the roof?), and, in this case, functional learning (What does a farmer do?)

As the grandkids of a farmer, our kids can relate to this scene quite well, so they know what happens on the farm and how the tractor works.

DURABILITY: Like all duplo pieces, it's hard plastic. Even the farmer's pitchfork is made well. This is going to last a long time -- probably through the great-grandkids.

EDUCATION: As mentioned above, this has lots of applications from identifying colors and animals, to talking about how to build things and what happens on a farm. You can talk about animals and even crops as the set comes with a set of flowers.

FUN: That's entirely up to the user. Our kids love this because they relate to grandma and grandpa's farm. As I've learned through the years, if more than one person is playing with the toy, the imaginations run wild.

CREATIVITY: As with all lego sets, there are alternative building designs on the back of the box. We built the farm once and the kids have used the bricks and blocks to build other items as well.

AGES: We got this for our 3-year-old on his birthday. He continues to play with it. Our almost 7-year-old likes showing him how to build with it.

OVERALL: Amazon's price was competitive with the department stores and we saved on tax. Shipping was good and arrived in plenty of time.
on May 12, 2012
I bought this set for my kids and they love it. We love lego duplos and they are great for any age.
on June 19, 2012
Bought this with My first zoo set and it provides my two years old and myself a good hour or two of creative entertainment. Lots of fun with playdates. Dad loves it.
on May 24, 2012
Bought this for my daughter. She is all about some tractors and animals right now. She likes playing with it and as always, Legos are a quality product. No complaints. Added this to our 71 piece box set.
on December 11, 2013
The animals are so cute and durable. My two girls (2 years old and 4 years old) create so different houses and activities with duplo. The texture and durability of duplo pieces are the best on the market. You can wash them, my girls walks on them, use them with playdoh : they are like new !
on March 13, 2014
This is a great kit for some specialized pieces such as flowers, animals, fences, tractor and doors/windows. Good addition to a base set of bricks (I highly recommend the education duplo brick set - lots of basic bricks at a good price).
on November 16, 2013
Our first farm is a toy that our little man picked out himself, and he loves to play with it! The DUPLO'S are really easy for small hands to work/play with. The farm animals all look pretty good, and stack very well. It's made our little man a happy little farmer
on July 4, 2013
We have recently gotten into lego/duplo blocks now that my boys are able to pull them apart. Before age 2 1/2 they would get very frustrated with these, so I don't recommend before this age. I keep adding to the collection and they get so excited when the box is delivered.

This set is adorable. The fence and flowers are adorable and it's easy to build the farm house.

I also highly recommend the construction set and the large 15 x 15 brick for building. It keeps everything stable and eliminates a lot of the frustration of building. I am so excited to find (almost) legos that my kids can really use. I like to build too!
on October 29, 2013
My 2 year-old was really excited to build the barn and other farm structures pictured on the box. This set held much more appeal for him than the Lego cars and trucks. We also like that the farm animals work well with many of his other toys (train set, farm trucks).
on June 1, 2013
My grandson LOVES LEGO DUPLO. He fell in love with the Farm set. These toys keep him busy for hours and is great for hand/eye coordination skill and he has a great sense of accomplishment when he completes his creation and then he rips it apart to do it all over again. GREAT TOY!