Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Price:$43.99+ $10.25 shipping

on September 18, 2012
The price, under $15 is in line with what you would pay at a store (Walmart/Target). And the tub is really sturdy - a kid could sit on it. The lid doubles as a kind of tray/sorter. But even for a small-ish tub, it is really empty after you open all the legos (they come in plastic) and dump them in. We had about 300 other legos and added them, but the tub is still really empty (though we have placed some creations inside, so the extra space is useful). It comes with a book for build ideas, but very few blueprints in the book and hard to make multiple creations with the small amount of legos provided (we were lucky to have others). Also, the number of specialized pieces are limited - not a lot with regards to doors, windows, roof pieces, no wheels.

Best use: For a grandparent or household that has visiting children. Enough legos to entertain for a couple of hours and make a few things, but not enough to really build a whole lot of stuff. Great storage box for a closet, think super-sized baby wipe container.

We were looking to buy a base set, then maybe buy a supplemental wheel/car/truck set. This is not the set to buy to do that. I would advise going for the larger tub, then buying some other sets (windows, doors, wheels, etc.) especially if you have several kids playing with it.
0Comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2013
Great product, exactly what I was hoping for. But beware, the bucket doesn't come very full. Order this with the "LEGO Bricks & More Builders of Tomorrow Set 6177" and you will have all the pieces you need. The bucket will be essentially full.
on December 20, 2013
I ordered this for Christmas, and was very surprised to get it today! It was only in transit a few hours it was awesome. Now here's the problem: I paid $37.99 for this, and with the pictures and price I expected a decent sized box. You get this dinky little thing that's not even halfway full! We looked on Walmart.com and the SAME EXACT item is selling at $13 there! I ordered on here using my amazon store card otherwise I definitely would NOT have spent this much. I got lucky and an Amazon rep felt this was false advertising and a total rip off and she pushed a quick refund to my card and allowed me to purchase something else around the same price, and even credited me quick shipping so I'd get it on Monday.

This is NOT WORTH ANYTHING OVER $15! If you see this item for sale for more than $15 bucks, DO NOT BUY IT. You can go to walmart.com and get it or something!
on January 18, 2013
When I ordered this for my daughter for Christmas, I was excited to find Legos at what I thought was a great price, compared to what they charge in stores for Legos. But, upon opening we discovered that you don't get much for your buck. It is very difficult to call these Legos, when it is just the tiniest pieces imaginable. You get more single dots of Legos than you do the larger building pieces, and they are incredibly tiny and easy to lose. They are very difficult to build with. I would say spend the extra $15 or so and buy a real tub of Legos.
on August 27, 2013
This is a good mix of different pieces for a child who's just starting with legos. It has wheels, doors and windows, even a lego separator. I was a little disappointed that the good size plastic box contained barely enough legos to cover the bottom, but I suppose they plan on you adding to your collection.
on June 12, 2015
Bought this during Amazon's daily deals for the holidays - great price and great gift. As its gender neutral, we saved it and when we needed a gift for my daughter's friend at pre-school, it was perfect. The child's mom liked it as it added to the kid's existing lego collection and allowed him to build even more and bigger.
on January 28, 2014
For what I received I feel I payed half just for the Lego name. I do like the fact that the box is a nice plastic container instead of a throw away cardboard box, so the kids will easily be able to put away their toys. My other minor complaint to Lego, the toys are meant for little monsters, yes even the mother calls them that, yet you provide a set of design plans on such a fragile instruction booklet. Why not have them printed on plastic playing cards that can withstand a five year old's chaos?

Yes very expensive for what you receive, but the kid put down the sword and played with something that hopefully will inspire
on September 14, 2013
I bought this for my grand nephew who's 3 years old and he loves it. He and his dad has made everything shown in the instructions. His mother went and bought him another set.
Some of the pieces are really small, but he's careful not to lose them.
A must for little one.
on March 8, 2013
This kit of legos is not only affordable, but is the best starter kit to a kid new to legos. The legos inside only fill it half way up, so that you can add to your new colletion. It comes with a minifigure, and a booklet with building ideas. The booklets that come with legos are great for any age, because they do not have words, so any child can understand them, or get used to reading and understanding them.
Most of the small sets you would get after this one would come in a cardboard box, with multiple mini figs, so this is a great starter because of the amount of legos, and the box to store them in.

5 stars for being affordable, fun, great starter, and the box & booklet that comes with them. Great for any child wanting to get into legos.
on March 22, 2014
We love Legos around my house - but I can't help but feel taken when a good number of the pieces are smaller than earrings. Whatever...they should be bonus pieces. Give me more full size bricks...like back in the day.

So - getting past my personal issue with the teeny tiny pieces they count as real pieces - overall it is okay. It's Lego's - how can you go wrong? If you have little kids who still put stuff in their mouths I would keep a eye on them while they play with these.