4.0 out of 5 stars No Flat Pieces
Published on August 26, 2010 by Michael Cannondale

2.0 out of 5 stars If you're looking for small LEGO pieces, order this
Published on July 28, 2012 by mom of 4

2.0 out of 5 stars If you're looking for small LEGO pieces, order this, July 28, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Builders of Tomorrow Set 6177 (Toy)
I was so excited to receive our new box of LEGOs, knowing my children would be thrilled! It is difficult to find regular LEGOs that don't come in a kit. When we opened them, I was disappointed. Out of all 650 LEGOs (yes, I counted them and they were all there :), there were only 39 of the 2x4's and only 5 larger than that. Almost all the pieces were small...like 1x1 small. If I had known this, I would have looked for something more useful, with a greater number of regular-sized blocks. Out of 650 I expected there to be more than 44! I am disappointed with this LEGO product.

4.0 out of 5 stars No Flat Pieces, August 26, 2010
Michael Cannondale (Encino, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Builders of Tomorrow Set 6177 (Toy)
This 650 piece set is pretty good. It's all just bricks and seems to have about 3:1 ratio of small 1x4 and 1x2 bricks to 2x2 and 2x3. So if you are looking for the small narrow pieces this set has more of those. Also its just bricks, there's no flat pieces and no wheels or other special pieces. That said, this an ideal supplement for the many Lego games which in my opinion benefit from the smaller pieces. The price is pretty great too.

Hope this helps.

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit dissapointing., November 9, 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Builders of Tomorrow Set 6177 (Toy)
650 pieces sounds great until you realize that most of the bricks are very small (1x1, 2x1) There are not many bricks that are large enough to make much of a building. On the cover of the box, it makes it look like you get a substantial amount of bricks, but it isn't. I'll post pictures of what my box looked like, this set was disappointing for bulking up my son's collection of building materials.

4.0 out of 5 stars Be sure to shop around, November 15, 2010
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Builders of Tomorrow Set 6177 (Toy)
Be sure to shop around for this easy to find item. Target and the online LEGO store carry the same kit for less than thirty bucks.

If your an old school LEGO builder and you need plenty of basic bricks, this is the set for you. No specialized angles or smooth pieces here. Just bricks. If you've got plenty of the new sets with all the specialized pieces, this is the kit to round out your inventory and start creating your own designs.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic set!, January 27, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Builders of Tomorrow Set 6177 (Toy)
I was skeptical at first since this is just a set of bricks - no special doo-dads or mini-figures, just a bunch of bricks in a box. My seven-year old son has a few specialty sets of Star Wars and Indiana Jones Legos that he keeps in his room away from his little sister so I purchased this set for the living room where the communal toys are kept. I bought one of the Iris project bins to go with it (which comes with a base plate, thank goodness).

My only criticism is that this set has no base plate. Boo. Other than that, though, it is a great value for a great set of bricks. It's back to basics - 1x1s, 1x2s, 2x2s, 2x3s, and 2x4s in a variety of really nice colors. I especially liked the lime green and the bright orange. I was worried that my son in particular would find the lack of specialty bits made the set boring, but on the contrary the two of them will sit together and play very happily. There are enough bricks that they don't have to fight over who has what. I especially like that there are lots of 1x1 bricks - as a child I never felt that I had enough of these and they're so versatile (and cute!). I realize that the recommended age for this toy is 5 years and I let my daughter who is almost three play with it, but the nice thing about it is I get down on the floor with her so supervision is playtime for both of us. I think it's great that even in this digital age something as classic and timeless as Legos can still draw kids' attention.

They still hurt just as much to step on, though, so I'd like to re-recommend that Iris storage bin. You'll thank me for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good addition to a collection, September 6, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Builders of Tomorrow Set 6177 (Toy)
My three boys (4, 5, 8) have been playing with my old Lego collection for quite some time. I had a lot of pieces, but many of them are specialty pieces that are hard to integrate in simple, every day play. Also, most of the directions to my sets have disappeared over the years.

I purchased this box (along with LEGO® Bricks & More Deluxe Brick Box 5508) to increase the ratio of "plain" pieces in our collection. The boys were ecstatic when I presented it to them. Every day their faces beam when they show me their latest creations. Our basement floor currently features a fire station; a McDonald's; a bike shop; a house; and a boat.

Lego Bricks are unfortunately very pricey. I cringed when paying for this. But the pain goes away when you think about just how much value comes from this unassuming tub of plastic bits. My boys have logged several extra hours of electronics-free playtime since we introduced these new pieces. Over time they'll log many, many more. And as my 20+ year old Lego collection proves, these things survive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic bricks for building, October 17, 2010
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Builders of Tomorrow Set 6177 (Toy)
Nice assortment of colors, a good set of basic building blocks. MY children had asked for just "more blocks" and this was a good set for that. We really liked the lime green and orange colored bricks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Price!, July 26, 2010
Jen (ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Builders of Tomorrow Set 6177 (Toy)
After searching throughout the internet for this product and finding it at higher prices, Amazon had exactly what we needed at the best price. It was shipped out quickly and we had it within days... no waiting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, October 12, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Builders of Tomorrow Set 6177 (Toy)
This is a great basic starter set. No weird Lego pieces, just lots of basic bricks for creative play. What I liked the best was that the LEGO website has free building instructions for this kit - every month - to give you ideas on building things with your child.[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great supplemental set for adding to a basic brick set, August 8, 2012
D. Diamond (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Builders of Tomorrow Set 6177 (Toy)
My son is 4 and recently graduated from Duplo blocks to "big boy" Legos, and we bought this set to supplement a basic brick starter bucket set. Right now, we really like the open ended play that he gets from building with basic brick pieces. He makes all kinds of buildings, objects, animals, etc. I'm in my 40s, and was an avid Lego builder when I was a kid, and we didn't have much more than basic brick sets to pick from for a very long time. The new specialty play sets are cool, but for right now, we like the creative exploration that basic bricks offer.

This set provides a nice variety of colors and sizes to build lots of different things of varying sizes. Also, all the bricks could be contained in the basic brick starter bucket that we already had, so that makes storage easy.

You can't go wrong with a basic brick supplemental set like this. It is nice to have the volume of pieces available to build anything you can imagine and you will always be able to get use out of them. We also bought the Bricks and More Fun With Vehicles Set 4635. With the added specialty vehicle pieces that set contained, my son has enjoyed hours of play...and so have we!

LEGO Bricks & More Builders of Tomorrow Set 6177