5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition to any LEGO collection
Published on January 20, 2012 by J. Taylor

2.0 out of 5 stars The one my oldest has is strong and sturdy. I had suggested my older child give his ...
I bought this because my oldest child had a base plate. This new one is flimsy and will probably break soon. I am not sure how the legos are supposed to even be firmly attached as this piece flexs. The one my oldest has is strong and sturdy. I had suggested my older child give his to my younger child, he wouldn't, so I bought this one. Now he never will, because he...
Published 11 days ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition to any LEGO collection, January 20, 2012
J. Taylor (Saratoga Springs, Utah, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Building Plate 628 (Toy)
It is great to have this large building plate. We bought four of them, and my husband attached them all to a square piece of plywood with screws and put casters on the bottom. Now my son has a large base to build his LEGO creations, and it slides under the bed with a simple push for neat storage when he's not using it. (Granted, some of his taller creations have to be partially destructed to fit under the bed.) The 2x2 design is large and sturdy enough to build large, complex LEGO sets and scenes. We have some stacking Sterlite boxes for LEGO pieces, and all together it's a very user-friendly LEGO system that keeps both children and parents happy. It has been used almost daily for over a year, and there have been no problems at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lego 628 Base Plate, January 9, 2011
D. Brown (Milwauke, WI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Building Plate 628 (Toy)
It works. Rather expensive even if you can get it for $15. It is flimsy and needs a rigid backer material. Only one color in the 15"! And only in gray. If you need to attach it to anything, the plates are made of ABS plastic. Check the glue labels to make sure they are recommended for ABS. Just don't use the cement used on ABS plumbing pipe, it may just melt and distort the thin plates.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good base for lego fun, January 2, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Building Plate 628 (Toy)
This is a good base plate for lego fun. It's very large but flimsy. I plan on mounting it to a stiffer board to keep it from breaking. But overall it's good to have this as part of our lego kit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice large plate for your Lego building but a bit pricey, November 18, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Building Plate 628 (Toy)
This is a nice sized based for your Lego building. At 15x15 is well over twice the size of the more common 10x10 plates. Like all Lego products this is still a lot of money for a piece of flat plastic but if you are a Lego collector you should be used to paying for the Lego Brand Name!

Its a shame that this only comes in Grey. The smaller 10x10 plates have more color options. If you want a green for grass for example you are limited to the smaller plates. Ultimately it comes down to how much room you need. If you need the large place area and don't mind the color limitation this plate if fine.

Fore those of you thinking about buying multiple plates to cover a larger play area you should compare these to the 10x10's. The 10x10 plates are actually cheaper if you break them down as price per square inch of building space. Add the additional color options of the 10x10 plates and they are probably a better option for this purpose.

I see a number of people commenting on this plate being a little flimsy. It does indeed bend quite a bit and could probably break with rough treatment. However since this is designed to sit on a flat surface pretty much all the time I don't' think this is a major drawback. On the other hand if you have small children who might rough house with this item there is a good chance it could snap into potentially dangerous shards.

5.0 out of 5 stars my grandkids love the lego wall I made with these, September 20, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Building Plate 628 (Toy)
We bought several of these and stuck them on a wall in our playroom using Command Strips. The grandchildren love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size, July 5, 2010
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Building Plate 628 (Toy)
My son plays with it all the time, it's great for his motor skills. It's large enough to build different buildings on it and he gets to use his imagination. He's 2 1/2 and loves to build garages for his cars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the doctor ordered..., January 31, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Building Plate 628 (Toy)
I recently purchased three of these 15x15 plates to assist with complete a Lego project table for my 7-yr old son. They fit perfectly in our design, enabling my son to have a building surface right at his height which will also allow attaching of his designs to the board. These can never be found at a brick-&-mortar store, unless you buy the combo back; that would've cost us at least twice as much leaving plates we didn't need! Price-wise, Amazon came through for us on this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Little Lego Lovers, August 30, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Building Plate 628 (Toy)
This building plate is great for giving a kid something to build on. Excellent for use with loose sets of lego blocks too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for serious Lego creators, September 12, 2013
Gabe G (Raleigh, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Building Plate 628 (Toy)
I have 4 kids who are crazy about Legos, and buying 4 of these plates was a great decision. The smaller green ones that you see in stores are OK for little projects, but my kids are always creating large houses and other elaborate playscapes. This plate is 50% larger and gives them each a personal, portable space for building their creations and keeping them intact. The only downside is that it is a bit flimsy if you want to transport it with Legos attached, but this could easily be remedied by screwing it down to a small piece of plywood or even gluing it to some cardboard backing. But ours generally only go from the floor to the table and back again, and they're fine for that purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, July 31, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Bricks & More Building Plate 628 (Toy)
I would recommend this product to any Lego fan. We purchased several plates to put on my son's work table and this keeps all his structures together.

LEGO Bricks & More Building Plate 628