5.0 out of 5 stars A great building experience
My son got this for his fifth birthday. This was our first experience with a bigger Lego kit and first experience with the numbered-bag system that Lego is using these days.

Published on August 9, 2011 by Doug Hibbard

3.0 out of 5 stars took a very long time to be shipped
the quality of Lego is of course great Lego is Lego
real stuff
but unfortunately had to wait fro quite a while to get it
Published 12 months ago by Vasyl Sendeha

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A great building experience, August 9, 2011
Doug Hibbard (Almyra, Arkansas) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: LEGO Cars Mack's Team Truck 8486 (Toy)

I was quite pleased with the bag system, first of all. This allows you to only open up and spread out the Legos needed for the current directions. So, rather than lose the pieces needed for the last stages while you're working on the beginning, you've got them all neatly bagged up. The picture in the directions warning the user not to spread Legos in the carpet is humorous. As a father of three, I recognize the danger of the Lego Minefield and the sheer impossibility of preventing it. It's okay. Having kids who build stuff with Legos, and not just the pre-defined kit (they've got Legos from my childhood, but no directions!) is worth the foot injuries.

On to Mack: he was easy to put together. First, there's the included Lightning McQueen. He's the same scale as the stand-alone McQueenLEGO Radiator Springs Lightning McQueen 8200 or Mater LEGO Classic Mater 8201, both of which are already in our house. So, he plays well with those two cars. Mack is of the appropriate scale to fit McQueen, so he's bigger, but not huge.

The steps for Mack were easy to follow. You build the cab, then the trailer body, then finish off the trailer. I'd guess we spent about an hour on it, but that was with my son doing it "all himself." Any parent understands what that means: slower than it would normally have gone with a few re-do moments. Not a complaint, just the reality.

As put together, Mack works. The roof is hinged and one side panel is hinged to allow access to the bay. This does work, and it seems sturdy enough. The wheels roll, and Mack looks like Mack in the movie. Obviously, he doesn't look perfectly like a real Mack Truck, but he's not supposed to. That's this kit: LEGO Truck 3221.

The only real downside is this: by putting the stickers on to make the model, you're not really going to get the good Lego tear it apart and build something else fun. That's ok, because that's what the other Legos are for!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego fun, January 15, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Cars Mack's Team Truck 8486 (Toy)
Excellent Lego set. Great to build with child and watch him play. Steps are clear, packaged well. If your kid likes Cars, then this is a great set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product, December 26, 2011
J. Warden (San Francisco,Ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Cars Mack's Team Truck 8486 (Toy)
Lego never seems to fail our family. Great set and kept my nephew happy for hours. Easy for an 8 year old experienced Lego builder o put together.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for my 3 1/2 year old, May 21, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Cars Mack's Team Truck 8486 (Toy)
My boy really enjoys the Disney Cars franchise and in particular Mack. He was a real education to watch him try to take short cuts but having to learn to follow directions. When parts break off he searches for the assembly book and asks me to help him put it back together. But once I turn to the right page he is off and running. He loves this set and of course wants many more. The only issue is I wish some of the parts had a tighter fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift, February 12, 2013
D. Rives (East Bernard, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Cars Mack's Team Truck 8486 (Toy)
Gift for grandson's birthday. He was very thrilled to get it and has continued to play with it for onths.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Christmas ever, February 3, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Cars Mack's Team Truck 8486 (Toy)
Lego's are great. Gave this to my grandson for Christmas. He loved it and plays with this toy all the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Truck, January 2, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Cars Mack's Team Truck 8486 (Toy)
It looked great and was not too difficult to build. The only draw back is when smaller children play with it sometimes it can fall apart. It is to be expected though. Overall it is a nice truck.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mac the Semi was exactly as expected, December 27, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Cars Mack's Team Truck 8486 (Toy)
My son is 8 and this is exactly what he wanted for Christmas. Although the Legos were in 4 separate bags, it only took us about 45 minutes to assemble. Lego instructions are very easy for us to read so it was an easy assemble.

Since Christmas, this has traveled everywhere with him. Only the side door keeps falling off, but he opens it a lot so that really is the only reason why. We have not lost any pieces yet. Overall, very satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars it's perfect!!!, December 14, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Cars Mack's Team Truck 8486 (Toy)
It's well made. We love this toy!!! It's a perfect gift. We give this toy to my son's birthday and he loves it, he plays with it all day long!!! It's no easy to ensemble for a 7 years old kid but with the parents help and instructions every thing will set up fast. We love lego toys. It's so fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, September 2, 2013
Jose Vaca (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Cars Mack's Team Truck 8486 (Toy)
I like LEGO. This LEGO Cars Mack's Team Truck 8486 is a great gift for kids for all special days.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›