4.0 out of 5 stars The LEGO city keeps growing!
Published on October 26, 2012 by Nicholas Miller

3.0 out of 5 stars They LOVE it -- but not to play with
Published on November 8, 2012 by M. Heiss

4.0 out of 5 stars The LEGO city keeps growing!, October 26, 2012
This review is from: LEGO City 4202 Mining Truck (Toy)
Lego dad back again! Lego city is under construction for 2012, and here to help out is a large and in charge "mining" truck. This was purchased as a birthday gift for my 7 year old (I also buy for myself as an AFOL ((Adult Fan Of Lego) so I do my best to give the parent perspective on this one. The set is a blast to put together, it took my son about an hour and me about 10 minutes the first go around. You get 1 mini figure (who is a pretty generic worker), a sign, 2 boulders, gold nuggets and the truck. Overall value is okay, I wish they would have included a 2nd mini and I really miss the shiny gold plating as opposed to the dull "goldish" spray they use now. For rebuilding it's an excellent set, the giant tires have already been used for my son's "monster truck" and they limited the number of stickers on this build. This is a great one for the kids, price point and piece count keep it from being a 5. If you can find it on sale, or part of a BOGO deal then I highly recommend picking this one up.

Pro: Bright colors, very sturdy Lego vehicle to actually play with (doesn't fall apart too easily, LARGE tires!

Cons: Only 1 mini figure, price point for a non branded theme is high for the piece count.

3.0 out of 5 stars They LOVE it -- but not to play with, November 8, 2012
This review is from: LEGO City 4202 Mining Truck (Toy)
I have a family of boys, and this massive truck is very fun to build. When it comes to playtime, this truck sees practically none, because the wheels are flimsy and the tipping mechanism seems frail. The back end is always falling off under play conditions. We live in a house with approximately 2 million active dump truck toys, so this truck tends to get built and stay out of the action. Too bad.

It comes with just one minifig, but lots of gold and some dynamite.

I've no idea why this would sell for more than fiftybucks. We got it for fortybucks at a major retailer that rhymes with smallcart, and I think the set is entirely superfluous. Not a must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mining truck, December 27, 2012
This review is from: LEGO City 4202 Mining Truck (Toy)
This was my 6 year old grandson's favorite gift. He began assembling the Mining truck as soon he opened it. Last month, we took him to visit the Caterpillar museum in Peoria, Illinois where there is a full size replica. The bed of the truck is a movie theater! His dad works for Caterpillar and is in charge of shipping these huge trucks so that made it even more special.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, March 13, 2014
This review is from: LEGO City 4202 Mining Truck (Toy)
Christmas gift for 6 yo. Easy to assemble. He assembled it with just a little assist from me. I was concerned about its functionality, but the dump truck works just fine. Very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson picked this out!!, August 29, 2013
This review is from: LEGO City 4202 Mining Truck (Toy)
A favorite birthday gift this year for my 5 year old grandson, who has lots of energy and an inquisitive mind. He picked this set out himself and was very excited to receive it, so I think it was a hit. Of note; legos are a play activity that he will actually "sit" and put together. It may not look exactly like the picture & he may not follow the instructions to the letter, but he enjoys putting these together and they are entertaining for him for hours, which is wonderful in itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars big truck, May 28, 2013
This review is from: LEGO City 4202 Mining Truck (Toy)
very well made toy with a lot of moving parts. they use it with the LEGO gold mine and it is a great complimenting piece. worth the $.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything is AWESOME!!, July 10, 2014
...Everything is AWESOME!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Legos!, May 19, 2014
This review is from: LEGO City 4202 Mining Truck (Toy)
Great addition to my collection. I will always be a little kid at heart. Love it! Love it! Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for grandson, April 10, 2014
This review is from: LEGO City 4202 Mining Truck (Toy)
My grandson loves Legos. He really wanted this mining truck. Which Is discontinued. So you are lucky if you can find one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big hit!, January 2, 2014
This review is from: LEGO City 4202 Mining Truck (Toy)
Christmas present that was a bit hit for my grandson. Good price and came very well packed. I will probably be ordering more Lego sets.

LEGO City 4202 Mining Truck