Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Format: PaperbackChange

on November 17, 2009
Join the adventure and follow the Lego fire crew as they are called to a scene of a building on fire and respond, putting out the fire and even rescuing a cat. The Lego fire crew looks like the Lego men, and they even have a Dalmatian. The adventure includes fire trucks, danger and even a helicopter. A great little reader for young children.

The Leveled readers are great books for young children. There are hundreds of titles in these formats, even across different publishers. What makes this particular series, The Lego City Adventures, so good is that little boys will be attracted to them because of the format and styles of both the stories and artwork. They are bright colorful stories with fun illustrations. I can see young boys trying to make with Lego the scenes to act out from the books. As a Level 1 reader geared for Kindergarten to Grade 1, this book is intended to help with sight word recognition, sounding out simple words and sentences.
on April 9, 2009
My four year old is really into Lego City so this book was an inspiration for learning to read. The story is comprised of short sentences that are easy to understand and recognize for early reading. The subject matter is excellent for young Lego fans. The fire theme incorporates the Lego buildings, people and fire department vehicles. The art is cartoon style lego - not still photography. Good for the price and provides vocabulary for younger readers.
on June 22, 2009
We Love Legos! Fun way to get Lego Lovers reading. I was disappointed though when I recieved this and the pictures were drawings of Legos figures and not actually pictures like in Secret at Dolphin Bay.
on February 28, 2013
This book was not the best reader (very low on phonetic words, high on sight words) but great in that my son didn't care how hard the reading was because it is LEGO GUYS! The binding is sturdy so this should last through the next three children too.
I like it because my son WANTS to read it.
on January 20, 2010
My first grader and pre-schooler thought this book was awesome. Daddy's a fireman and they love legos, so this was perfect for them. Great pictures and story. Easy for my 1st grader to read and enjoy.
on October 11, 2013
Our 6 year old loves all the Lego City books and wants all his favorites replayed a number of times so he learns to read it himself.
on September 29, 2015
If you have a son who loves fire trucks then you should buy this book. There is so much for kids to look at in this book.
on July 15, 2014
My nephew loved it.
on June 22, 2014
I bought this for the two little boys who live across the street. They love Leggos and loved the book
on April 3, 2014
To get my son interested in reading my husband and I started by getting him books about things that he is interested in (ie. Legos, Ninja Turtles, etc.). This book is one that I chose for him and he loves it!!! He is really into Legos right now and loves reading about them. This was an excellent purchase for my household :)