Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LEGO Creator 31015 Emerald Express
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

I review many of the Lego train sets and wanted to make sure that people understood exactly what 31015 is. This is a very small, sub-mini-figure set, that has an MSRP of 4.99. It was introduced late 2013/early 2014. It is always wise to crosscheck with Lego on price and availability.

This train is not compatible with Lego's regular trains. Set 31015 is not meant to run on any track. The set only builds one engine or car at a time, so if you actually want a full train, you will want to purchase a few of these (they can be connected together). There are three included designs: a steam engine, a carriage, and an aero-styled engine.

That being said, this is a fun little set. The three different designs encourage kids to build and rebuild. As a Creator set, it uses only general purpose bricks rather than specialized, one-use bricks. This makes for a very useful collection, albeit a small one.
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 22, 2014
My kids love the Lego line of block toys and this is no exception. This LEGO Creator Emerald Express is a good small addition for kids who like to play with trains. The fit and finish is classic Lego...very good to excellent.

Overall, a very good toy train but tiny...just so you know. For size comparison, I am including a picture of a golf ball next to the Lego Emerald Express for your reference. Thanks for reading my review.
review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 16, 2014
This wonderful little LEGO Train is the perfect add-on to reach your free-shipping goal. For a few bucks your kid (or even a neighbors) child will have a nice toy. As always the instructions are the best available in the Toy Kingdom. This train is a 3 in One but unlike most of LEGO 3 in One sets this one makes an entire train if you buy three boxes. According to another reviewer this train does not fit on the LEGO tracks.

Highly recommended.
on January 26, 2015
High quality as usual and I bought 3 of it so my son can create a full train. I wish if they have a rail too!
review image
on November 21, 2014
was a lego that I thought I had deleted and ended up I had bought it, I had originally bought for my 11 yo grand son, but I never see him anymore so I thought I deleted it,,,, but I did give it to my 3yo grand daughter and while she couldnt figure out all the stuff it is rated for 6-12 yo she had fun with it,, and was able to help me put it together by comparing the directions to the parts.. they are very small parts so if your kid sticks things in places they shouldnt dont buy this
on December 28, 2014
My 5 year old loves this train in his stocking. It has perfect amount of pieces for a fast build, but note the scale is smaller than the lego mini figures. It was exactly what we needed and likely a product I would give for a small birthday party gift. It would also be appropriate for birthday party favor. My son didn't ask for me to buy 2 additional sets to make complete train, but if I were buying as a main present for a train or lego lover, I would.
on July 18, 2014
Lego has came up with several fantastic variation of trains over the years.

This is the current generation of great looking train.

The building instruction is simple, easily followed. Not a complex build.

If you are looking for something affordable, yet looks great, this is the set for you!

The cleverest draw of this train set is that: The 3 builds can be combined into a longer train.

So I will highly recommend that you get 3 of this set! (I did!)
on August 24, 2015
It is Lego - of course it is good!

My son really liked this train. So much so, in fact, that we have bought it 3 times so he can have each model together at one time.

For those unaware, a 3 in 1 means it comes with instructions for 3 different models, but only enough pieces to make 1 at a time. I prefer these so you don't get bored making the same things over and over but you also don't have to buy a million different sets.
on March 31, 2016
Lego has made yet another amazing Creator 3 in 1 set. My 7 year old son always starts with one of the 3 "creations" and moves on to the other 2 when he feels ready to disassemble the first and build something new. It is nice because it is really 3 toys in one. (It also occupies and entertains him 3 times as long!) With the Emerald Express you can create the actual train engine, a carriage train car, or a rocket train car. He loved all three, so we will most likely purchase 2 more sets so that he can have the engine and both cars to display together. The detail and color is exceptional on this particular Creator. Although there are very some very small pieces, the suggested age range seems accurate. As usual, the instruction booklet was well laid out and easy for him to follow. Thanks again, Lego!
on April 6, 2016
This Lego creator Emerald Train is a great toy for my son! It's a combination of both his loves, Legos and Trains! This has been out of stock everywhere I've looked in physical stores so of course I turned to amazon.

It's a very easy for my almost 5 year old to our together and the fun part is that you can make multiple items!

The only thing is, he only wants it to be the train. I should have purchased extras so he could put them together (all three options). Which I might just do.