Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

VINE VOICEon April 6, 2012
I'd done some very large builds and I thought I might try a small relaxing one and the Blue Roadster looked like a nice cheap easy one. I would estimate it probably took me an hour to put it together. It's a tight car with an attractive color scheme and the price is right given the block count. The doors open and the wheels turn but that's about it. I thought it was interesting that the designer chose to put the steering wheel on the right hand side instead of the left as it's done in the U.S.. Since this set is capable of building three vehicles by reconfiguring the bricks I somewhat expected to find some leftovers but there were only 8 extra bricks and those are usually attributed to LEGO giving extras in case some get lost. That's some impressive creativity to create three different nice looking vehicles with the same set of blocks.

So it's a nice fun build but what to do after it's built. The car is tight so younger kids can play with it without it falling apart. Although it's to scale with minifigs it doesn't come with any and they don't exactly fit snug. There are only rear studs for the minifig to sit on so they don't attach firmly and the minifigs arms slightly bump against the side of the car so they end up leaning. Also, you have to move the steering wheel straight up and down to squeeze in a minifig so it's not at all a comfortable fit. If you don't notice his slight lean Captain Jack Sparrow looks quite happy sitting in the convertible.

As an adult LEGO fan I'm more concerned with how a model looks sitting on a shelf and this one is somewhat iffy. The colors are nice and in a three quarters shot it looks good. Its side profile, however, is another matter. The Blue Roadster is very blocky and the rear stops rather abruptly. I would have extended the rear a bit and had it somewhat sweep up rather than sit flat. Seats on sporty convertibles usually reside near the middle of the car but here they're about two thirds back giving the car a truncated appearance. Also the rear lights should have been moved up to the next row of blocks. The rear spoiler is a bit halfhearted but I mostly like the way the seats were built even if they don't entirely accommodate a minifig.

As the old saying goes you get what you pay for and the expectations for a $13 LEGO set shouldn't be too high. In this case I think you get a very nice build for your money. If I had some more blue LEGO's I'd probably modify the back a bit but that's what's fun about LEGO's. If you don't like everything about a set just change it. This was a nice change of pace from the much more dramatic sets I've been doing.
on June 5, 2013
My 9 year old son saw this at a bookstore and begged that I get it for him, in addition to his already huge collection of Lego toys. Taking advantage of my Amazon Prime membership, I was glad to find the same item at a discount and prime eligible. I told my son that I'm getting this from Amazon and in two days, he will have it. He waited for it in the mail and he was so happy to get it in 2 days! He put it together right way, no missing part. He carries the car with him where ever he goes (except from school, yay!).
on January 2, 2012
I just saw this toy wanted to get it! On lego.com and LEGO Stores it tooks 12.99$. NICE PRICE!
Very good price for this set, it haves 2 minifigure seat and have no roof and it is good to put minifigures inside and take them out. opening doors and detailed interior and exterior. 152 part and reusable storage can! 3 in 1
Place for car number, wheel. but front wheels can't steer. It is problem most of the creator sets but ok for price.
Pros:
Opening doors
2 minifigure seat
Real window
Place for car number
3 in 1
No roof (it is good because there is no prolem to put minifigures in and take them out)
No stickers
Cons:
You have to move two parts so that the minifigs arm isn't way up in the air

Overall good buy.
VINE VOICEon March 5, 2014
My son likes the Lego Creator series but still prefers Lego City. He likes these as they are a little harder to put together now that he is older. I would not recommend these for anyone under 5 years of age. Nice part about this one is is tends to stay together, where many other Lego's start to break apart when being played with. This one is great and my son really likes it, I would recommend for any Lego fan who is getting tired of the standard Lego sets.
on January 24, 2015
My son saw this on a YouTube video and put it on the top of his Christmas list. It's a good size and has pretty good details. He's five and did need some help with the directions. Overall he had lots of fun building it. A great toy to add to your Lego collection.
on February 12, 2014
I bought this for my kid brother who is special needs and loves legos. This is a 3-1 in pack, so it kept him busy for quite some time. Lego cars are great because you can crash them and smash them up all you want, and then put them back together again. Good price too.
on January 28, 2014
This was purchased as a Christmas gift for my almost 6 year old grandson, and he was elated to receive it. Wanted to put it together right away, even though there were other presents to unwrap. Since there are 2 ways to put this Lego toy together, it will keep your little boy busy for a while.
on September 19, 2013
Built with durable material. Easy to use instruction book, simple pictorial made building the Roadster very easy. Suitable for use by a four year old. Nice packaging.

There are three ways to make three vehicles. Great as a gift for kids age 4 and above.
on January 3, 2014
I got it for my nephew. He was excited and put it together with no issues. The directions has it assembled as the driver's side is European not American design. He followed the directions and then had to redo it to accommodate to make it the American style. No problems, just a little lost time in getting it put together.
on January 7, 2014
My husband and I gave this LEGO CREATOR Blue Roadster set as a Christmas gift to our step grandson.....and he LOVED putting all the pieces together!! Had absolutely NO problems with any pieces missing or not fitting. Will purchase LEGO products again through Amazon!!