CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $17.18 shipping
+ $17.72 shipping
LEGO Creator Fire Brigade 10197
|Price:||$399.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Includes a 1930's-style fire truck, 4 minifigures and a fire-dog
- Features lots of realistic details including fire-fighting tools, racks for firemen's helmets and even a fire-pole
- The station house features an opening station garage door and 2 fully-furnished floors
- Fire Brigade features rare LEGO elements including bricks and plates in dark tan, 1x1 dark red tiles
- Contains 2,231 pieces
- Remove the roof for interior access; the roof is equipped with a water tower and bell
- A red hot dog and the 3x6x5 Belleville arch. It also features gold fireman's helmets, a tan hand bag and a red sliding garage door
- Includes a kitchen with fully-stocked fridge and a ping-pong table
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
The 2D pictures do not do this building justice. It is a large building with a lot of details, which will make it one of the centerpieces of your Lego collection.
The bricks are separated into bags numbered 1 and 2. Bags 1 build the truck, the mini figures, and the first floor of the station. Bags 2 build the second floor and roof of the fire station. I use the food storage size Rubbermaid (or equivalent) containers when I build. I find it easier to separate the bricks by color and size. With as many pieces as this set has, you will definitely want to organize the bricks in some manner before you start building, otherwise there is an increased chance you will become frustrated searching for that one small piece. Another great thing about using the containers .... if you need to take a break from building, you can put the covers on and reduce the chance of them getting knocked over.
This is definitely worth the MSRP of $150.00. I am not disappointed at all that I bought it. I am disappointed I waited so long to catch the Lego bug and missed out on the modular buildings that came before this one, which are now priced out of my budget.
Same fire suit as the lego city fire sets. Classic smile faces and all the fireman with the fire hats on are the EXACT same minifigs! The girl is ok as she has a bashe sholder bag and a plain blue torso. I haven't seen that shade of blue before but I like it. I don't get why she's even included in this set because she's not useful for playability. Includes a fire dog which should be black and white not brown.
FIRE TRUCK- classic
If you're looking for a modern fire truck don't get this set. It is very classic looking and lego did a great job making it look that way. The only problem is is there are 3 firemen and only 2 seats and no room for the dog. They could have included a net too. I like how they didn't use a steering wheel piece and used a more detailed one. The hose is neat as it has a 2 pipes of water going into the hose and also includes a fireman's axe.
EXTERIOR- outstanding and well detailed
There is a barrel on the roof that collects water from the rain to use for the fire truck. The 1932 at the top was amazing how they did it without using a sticker (none of the modular buildings have stickers). Same thing with the american flag! There is also a bell at the top made of gold pieces :). I love how they did the red brick design as well. Garage door opens to have the fire truck exit and there's 2 big doors on the back where the fire truck enters the garage (back then, cars couldn't back up) with mud tracks from the wheels so that was a detailed touch. The windows have amazing detail also. I love the gold fire helmet design with the two axe's on each side. There is a #3 on the driveway and a tree that comes off the board too easy.
INTERIOR- 100% full
Unlike the pet shop, this set has a full interior.Read more ›
I wanted to say that I ordered this set from Amazon when it came back into stock on 1/11/12. My order arrived today and the seals on the box stated that it was a set from batch #32R1, and not the dreaded #39R1 which was the batch notorious for missing a bag of pieces. My set was 100% complete.
Hopefully Amazon will not be sending out any more sets from the flawed batch.
On a sidenote, this set WILL be retired very soon. So get it while you can before it shoots up to $300 overnight.
1. The lot number is found (but not obvious at first) on pieces of clear tape at the ends of the box.
2. We called Lego tech support and they knew almost immediately what was missing. They were also very good about it. It's a bag of pieces that they have to send from Denmark and it takes two weeks to deliver. We are still waiting.
3. There are bags and books marked 1 and 2. The missing pieces are in stage 1, the engine and garage. While waiting for the missing pieces, we went ahead and assembled stage 2, the second floor dormitory and the roof.
4. While this set is designed for much older children, my 6 year old was able to assemble stage 2 by himself. He was very proud of the outcome. The only help I gave was some initial sorting and moral support.
5. He loves it! He wants more in the series. I'm happy that he found something different from the Star Wars, etc. I enjoy seeing him playing with it. There's fewer battles.
6. A few pieces were missing in stage 2. Not many, and some we could substitute from other pieces he had...but 3 pieces were unique and vital to hold together a decorative feature on the face of the building, and no doubt we will have to call for those, too.
7. Recommend highly if you can get from source carrying lots without missing pieces.
Update edit: The pieces arrived about 30 minutes after this review was posted. They took 2 weeks as stated. I'd give this product 5 stars but for the glitch, and now the glitch seems to have been resolved. The delivery of the missing pieces from Legos was free of charge, of course.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fire Brigade is perfect for the lego addiction in my home. My son is in college and it is a perfect diversion for a tired student who craves legos. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Bear
Great set! Lego sets have always had great play and display value, and this is no exception!Published 3 months ago by SuperSane
Amazing set, adds to my collection of 300+ sets. ranks number 5 out of 300Published 8 months ago by Zachary Bishop