5.0 out of 5 stars Challenging But Fun

Published 1 month ago by SangHyuk Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Challenging But Fun, January 14, 2012
A Kid's Review
This review is from: LEGO Creator Pet Shop 10218 (Toy)
I am 9 years old and it was hard at first and difficult to find certain pieces because there was so many. I had help from my Daddie with finding some of the pieces in the beginning that were hard to find. After building the first house, things started to speed up and go quickly. I loved all the little animals and decorations.I did not need any help after building the 1st floor of the first house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Are You Kidding It is a Lego product!, January 20, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Creator Pet Shop 10218 (Toy)
What can I say! Of course this is a stupendous product. My son still builds these, (and shhhh he is thirty and is works a very stressful corporate job). He has many of the city sets and duplicates of several. These fill his need to create , relax and I think re-live a bit of childhood in a sea of work days and responsibilities. They are so well thought out in design and have such amazing tiny details . He loves lego, I love that he does, and I will continue to buy this great product for him. I hope more come out in this particular series. The detailed buildings such as these are by far his favorites. Ah yes..as far as educational..please, it is one of the few toys left that allow you to build as it was designed, and then as we do ...take them apart and re-design with your own ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set!, October 13, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Creator Pet Shop 10218 (Toy)
My 10 year old daughter loves this set! She has the grand emporium (which is also amazing) and has completed several of the architecture sets. The detail is very impressive, with cool interior spaces. We love how the modular sets look when hooked together!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hit! Absolutely Wonderful!, February 8, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Creator Pet Shop 10218 (Toy)
I'm an adult LEGO fan but I purchased this for me and my teenage cousins to put together over the holiday. It can be a long process but in a group, it can actually be a fun build. There are two buildings, also, so you can split up the fun that way.

I have four modulars: the Grand Emporium, Fire Brigrade, Town Hall and now the Pet Shop. When the Pet Shop first came out, I wasn't too keen on it because it seemed so small in comparison to the other modulars and it seemed a bit out of place. However, it was on sale during the holiday season so I decided to go for it. I don't know why I held out on this for so long. I think the Pet Shop is absolutely wonderful and creative. All the modulars have their own unique charm but I think the Pet Shop brings a lot of fun and cuteness to the block. It's very colorful without being gaudy. There are also a lot of details in the facade that are put together quite elegantly. In my opinion, if you were to only get one modular building, it would be the Pet Shop because it looks great by itself, it can be separated, and it makes a great street scene.

The build process can be quite tedious for younger builders or for those who lack patience. I enjoyed the build but some of my younger cousins got a bit frustrated. In the end though, we all enjoyed the end product. Even the other adults came out to watch the build process and play with set. (Modular set building may become a holiday tradition for us!)

Younger children may not enjoy the build but they may enjoy the end product (if you allow them to play with it). It's not really the best set as a play set as the rooms are pretty tiny and difficult to reach into. If you're looking for a playset, I suggest sets from LEGO City or the easier Lego Creator 3-in-1 houses.

Highly recommended! As with all my LEGO reviews, check the MSRP on the LEGO website before you buy. If you buy from a third-party seller on Amazon or eBay, you will likely overpay. Research before you buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the nicest Lego Creator builds... probably the niceset right now, February 8, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Creator Pet Shop 10218 (Toy)
Check out the YouTube video reviews of the 'Pet Shop' and you will see most agree this is the best Creator build. Since we purchased this one and the Expert Winter Village Cottage based on YouTube video reviews, I can only say they were both every bit as satisfying as we had expected. Bonus: the sets will probably go out of production in a few years and become valuable to collectors (think double). What other toys can you enjoy and then sell for considerably more than you paid, allowing you to move on to the next generation? Nice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Build, June 18, 2012
Mike (Jackson, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Creator Pet Shop 10218 (Toy)
This set was on sale on Amazon for about $135 when I bought it. It was a steal at that price with Prime. The set itself is awesome. There's a lot of cool new pieces that aren't in most sets. You get a variety of animals and items. The actual set has a really nice design to it. I was really impresses how far lego went with actual detail. There is also tons of room to place minifgures inside. I recommend over any of the other creator sets out there. Definitely most bang for your buck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun And Challenging, December 23, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Creator Pet Shop 10218 (Toy)
My 13 year old put this together on his own. Working on it in his spare time it took a week or two. He had fun doing it and it looks amazing. We will be collecting more in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a great purchase..., December 30, 2011
4tun8tnmom (Brentwood, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Creator Pet Shop 10218 (Toy)
My child adored this addition and never tires of showing it off...the creator series is such a hit with our family!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition to a modular city., November 26, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Creator Pet Shop 10218 (Toy)
Another great set from Lego. If you already have any of the modular sets, then you will definitely want to pick up this fun build.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't wait too long!, November 30, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Creator Pet Shop 10218 (Toy)
If you are considering trying the Modular sets this is a GREAT place to start. The build is fun and challenging without being frustrating or too repetitive. This set will likely retire in the next year in 2015 so if you are debating purchasing this don't wait too long! This will be an essentional purchase for everyone who gets hooked on the LEGO modular series!

LEGO Creator Pet Shop 10218