5.0 out of 5 stars Lego's mid-size Creator Aircraft for 2012, December 28, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Creator Propeller Adventures 7292 (Toy)
**It is always important to cross-check these sets with the Lego site to see what is currently available (hint).**

Summary: I regard this as one of Lego's top sets for 2012. It is a fantastic set with a very good price. It makes a great gift because if the recipient does not like it, then he or she can build something else.

Long version: Lego's Creator line is one of my favorites because the sets avoid the use of really specialized pieces and, instead, focus on the creative use of more basic pieces. This is much closer to the way Lego sets were when I grew up. You can, of course, buy the bulk Lego sets, but I find those boxes provide too many 2x4 bricks and not enough of other key elements. Creator sets like this one provide a great mix of very useful pieces, often in colors that are hard to find. And because these come with directions for multiple builds, they encourage rebuilding and experimentation.

The set comes with directions for three different designs. The A model is a close approximation of the venerable de Havilland Mosquito from World War II. The B model resembles an F-16 and the C model is a hovercraft. These are not terribly large models, nor do they have room for Lego mini-figures. Still, they are a well proportioned for play (i.e., they fit nicely in a child's hand), and kids find ways to integrate them with mini-figures anyway. This set does not include any mini-figures.

The other airplane set for 2012 is #6912, which is also a fine set, though a bit smaller than 7292. Of the two, I think 7292 is more fun, but 6912 may hit your spending target better. I should also add that Amazon (and I mean Amazon proper) has had a history of pricing the Creator sets very competitively. The Creator sets often end up being very good deals. If airplanes are not what you are looking for, be sure to check out two other 2012 Creator sets: #7291 (a nifty orange motorcycle) and #6914 (a red T-Rex).

Set 7292 is part of Lego's 2012 line and it began selling in late November 2011. It represents a continuation of Creator-line aircraft, the most notable being: 4953 (2007), 4995 (2008), and 5892 (2010). If you are a Lego airplane fan, it appears that Lego will offer at least three more aviation related sets in 2012 (probably arriving in the summer): #10226, a very detailed/complex Sopwith Camel; #7345 Creator Helicopter similar to an EH101/S92/NH90; and #9396, a large Technic EH101/NH90-style helicopter.

Cheers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy, My six year old Loved it., March 31, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Creator Propeller Adventures 7292 (Toy)
My son has Autism Spectrum Disorder and his occupational therapist has recently gotten him interested in Legos. This set was a reward for him doing well in school and it was far more entertaining than the other lego sets. He loved the airplane with the double propeller. It says ages 7-12 on it but he mastered it in several hours. It is by far his favorite lego set!

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU GET 3 LEGO SETS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE, GREAT ENTERTAINMENT AND VALUE!, October 13, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Creator Propeller Adventures 7292 (Toy)
I bought this Creator set for my 6 year old son. Even though I included him on the decision, I wondered if he would really like it since the sets I've bought him in the past have pretty much all been Star Wars, or recently Ninjago branded sets. He chose this one out of a few choices I had available that were in the price range of what I was wanting to spend. He was thrilled when he got it and quickly made all three items available to build, one right after another. He made the Boat and the two planes and enjoyed making all three. I think it's been good for him to learn that he can pretty much build anything, if he just follows directions within the Lego sets(listening and following directions aren't really one of his strengths yet). But the Creator sets are great too, because they also teach that you can build more than one thing with the same parts, just rearranged differently (it seemed to strengthen his creative side). I would recommend this set to anyone with similar goals, interests and price point!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, April 5, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Creator Propeller Adventures 7292 (Toy)
This is a very nice set. My son made all the options and enjoyed it. My 6 yo did this, but had a hard time with the wings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, November 25, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Creator Propeller Adventures 7292 (Toy)
My kids absolutely love these and i feel like they're a great value. They really liked this one. My 9-year old daughter didn't have any problems with it or anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fun with lots of unique pieces to add to your Lego collection., October 27, 2013
Heather 2006 (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Creator Propeller Adventures 7292 (Toy)
I grew up with Legos and always loved them. I bought this for my grandson who just turned 5. He was never one to put a lot of things in his mouth and has been playing with the Duplo blocks for a couple years. These turned out to be as much fun for his father, mother, and me as they were for him. He gave us projects while he built some of his own.

Legos are ageless and an excellent family bonding toy. I think they should be in every household.

Also worth noting is the lesson learned quickly about picking up toys. Stepping on a Lego in bare feet is an experience you, and your child, will not wish to repeat.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 in one !!, September 29, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Creator Propeller Adventures 7292 (Toy)
my kid love it, specially the classic plane. it is a little bit bigger than i expected. 3 in 1 set give extra flexibility !

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Set, September 28, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Creator Propeller Adventures 7292 (Toy)
This was a birthday gift for my 8 year old nephew. He likes the option of building different projects with this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! Great product, March 6, 2013
Tomas Aguilar (Barquisimeto, Lara Venezuela) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Creator Propeller Adventures 7292 (Toy)
I'm very glad I bought this Lego, my son and I had some good and entertaining times at building it, thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Model!!! Great Value, March 12, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Creator Propeller Adventures 7292 (Toy)
I was pleasantly surprised to find that the model plane is actually bigger than it seems by just looking that the box. Very refined set. I am completely satisfied.

LEGO Creator Propeller Adventures 7292