4.0 out of 5 stars Great bucket
Published on August 24, 2010 by NutMac

3.0 out of 5 stars LEGO DUPLO bricks 5507
The 18 month old only plays with a few of the larger pieces. I suspect he will enjoy it more when he gets older
Published on January 5, 2011 by jazzeeylady

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bucket, August 24, 2010
NutMac "NutMac" (Mountain View, CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Bricks & More Deluxe Brick Box 5507 (Toy)
The Deluxe Brick Box (5507) is LEGO's latest and largest DUPLO bucket, superseding LEGO Duplo Large Brick Box (5506). At 102 pieces, it has 31 more pieces than 5506, ranking in at second place in the current DUPLO lineup (set with the most number of pieces is LEGO Duplo Legoville Deluxe Train Set (5609)). It comes in a very large and sturdy bucket (14 by 10 by 8 inches), with enough room for a couple of additional medium sized DUPLO sets.

This set is geared toward building a house, with 4 flower pieces (may be a choke hazard to younger toddlers), 1 wagon base, 2 minifigures, 2 doors, 2 picket fences, medium sized base plate, 1 eyeball brick, and an assortment of several dozen brick pieces. Also included is an idea booklet.

Although LEGO recommends age between 1.5 to 5 as the target, it is both safe (aside from flower pieces mentioned earlier) and appropriate for those as early as 1 year old. Typical of LEGO, all the pieces are very durable and BPA free (ABS plastic). My only criticism is the inclusion of only one wagon base and eyeball brick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite toy for toddlers and preschoolers, October 26, 2010
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Bricks & More Deluxe Brick Box 5507 (Toy)
We bought these for my 18-month-old, who loves to build things (and destroy them) but is too little for our 4-year-old's regular Legos.

Not only does he LOVE them, but I was surprised to find that the 4-year-old is playing with them just as much as the little guy, and making some really elaborate creations.

This set contains enough pieces to be able to build some decent items without becoming frustrated by running out of bricks too soon. There are plenty of basic bricks and some nice-to-have specialized pieces like windows, flowers, and two little people. While there are enough pieces to play with, there are not so many that it becomes overwhelming to pick up when playtime is over. The kids can handle the cleanup in a couple of minutes.

BIG winner of a toy. These get daily use and will for many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set for kids, March 4, 2013
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Bricks & More Deluxe Brick Box 5507 (Toy)
This set is great. I decided to get this particular set because it was economical and self contained. The set contains a great assortment of blocks for the kids and with a bunch of great colors. Also it comes with its own container. I chose the 5507 because I wanted to give my 2 year old a starter kit like I had when I was a boy. He took to it without a problem like he was a veritable veteran. The container has room for more in the event he gets more blocks.
It comes with a 8 x 16 flat building pad, and a ton more blocks, 2 Lego people, 2 fence sections, a car platform, an "eye" block, window block (with movable window). That's all I can manage to look at, my son is deciding that it is too cool not to play with every single Lego block at the same time.
All in all I recommend this set highly, and for the price it won't break the bank.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, November 28, 2011
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Bricks & More Deluxe Brick Box 5507 (Toy)
2 yr old daughter loves them. I thought they were the bigger blocks, my mistake (they are bigger than regular Lego's but not the big ones, make any sense? I would call them medium) No biggie she still has a lot of fun with them and we play with them quite a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Lego Kit, August 12, 2013
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Bricks & More Deluxe Brick Box 5507 (Toy)
Large container also stores the zoo and the train kit I bought together for my 19 months old son. Not building the blocks yet but plays with the characters well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for 2 y.o. boy!, November 11, 2011
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Bricks & More Deluxe Brick Box 5507 (Toy)
Our son received this gift for his 2nd birthday and ever since it's been nothing but hours of FUN! We've since added other Lego Duplo sets to it, but this by itself is awesome. We've seen a huge 'jump' in his level of imagination. A truly great gift for independent play or group play!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great variety!, June 18, 2013
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Bricks & More Deluxe Brick Box 5507 (Toy)
My daughter and I love playing Legos together. We were getting stuck because we didn't have enough bricks or enough variety. This bucket solved our problems! For now, I'm sure we will soon want even more as she gets older and our imaginations grow, too!

I bought an extra one to send to Grandma so we have bricks to play with there, too!

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 1/2 year old loves them!!!, July 29, 2011
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Bricks & More Deluxe Brick Box 5507 (Toy)
Our 2 1/2 year old daughter LOVES these legos and so do my 7 and 12 year old nephews, great toy for all to play with!!! Just wish they were a bit cheaper!

4.0 out of 5 stars Duplo Blocks, August 2, 2013
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Bricks & More Deluxe Brick Box 5507 (Toy)
I got these for my little boy and over time we've added to them (his grandpa got him a duplo farm set) and these have been one of my son's go to toys since. These are a great item to have for any kid, but watch the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Success!, July 30, 2013
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Bricks & More Deluxe Brick Box 5507 (Toy)
Bought for my niece's 3 year old birthday. It was a hit, and other family bought related add ons for the kids to play with.