Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LEGO DUPLO Bricks & More Deluxe Brick Box 5507
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 18, 2014
Paid $50/Prime - set now selling for $75 or more! Disregard box size; comes half full. BETTER OPTION: Creative Chest 10556, soon to be retired. *** As of today, Lego website has two sets on SALE, with more bricks: "Creative Chest 10556" ($23) 106 pieces including car base, 2 figures, boat, fish, fishing pole OR "Build and Play 4629" ($30) 150 pieces including car base and blocks with painted faces.
on July 29, 2013
I bought this set for my daughter, who was envious of her older brother's extensive Lego collection. I like that it is just a box of Lego rather than the kits designed to make a specific creation. It allows for more creativity.

My daughter played with it quite a bit in the beginning, but I probably should have bought her the regular size Lego, instead of Duplo, as she was 4 at the time of purchase. I thought that she wasn't ready for the smaller Legos, as her fine motor skills may have found them too difficult. I was wrong.

I recommend this set for a 3-4 year old only, unless your needs help with their fine motor skills.
on December 16, 2013
This is a great Duplo set. Quality is perfect, no sharp edges and all the pieces are big enough to be safe for little kids. My child loves being able to 'clean up' her blocks on her own- the tub they come in is durable and should be able to take enough abuse to be used as a storage tote for a very long time. I recommend this!
on August 12, 2013
Large container also stores the zoo and the train kit I bought together for my 19 months old son. Not building the blocks yet but plays with the characters well.
on April 9, 2013
I sort of wish that this set had a larger base platform to build on, but it will work for my kid for now. The platform is just big enough to build the house that is on the picture of the box. This set only has one car, which is another issue, but I plan on adding on to this set in the future so it will be okay. For the price I paid (about $40), it's not a bad deal. In-store, a 31 piece Lego Duplo box is $15 pre-tax. It's not a great deal cheaper, but it's still a better deal than what I can purchase by going to the store. This isn't always the case with buying toys on Amazon.com, but in this case it is.

As stated there are some small pieces that can post a choking hazard for younger children or for kids that mouth toys frequently. The majority of the pieces are safe however, and a toy set like this should always be used under some supervision, so if you're really worried, remove the smaller pieces until your kid is big enough, and watch them as they play.

Overall, it's a good set. Like regular Legos, these seem to be extremely durable. I'm glad to have this set for my son, and I look forward to adding onto this set and saving it for our next child.
on August 25, 2014
This is an awesome set - my kids (2 and 4) love playing with it and Im looking to add to it. BUT I would not suggest paying $133 for it. I paid $39.95 last year for the exact same set. I hope that there is a typo in that pricing, because someone is getting ripped off.
on September 14, 2015
Lego has always delivered a consistently great product. In this case, the Duplo is no exception. The build quality on these are fantastic. the Colors are bright, the box is sturdy. The kids love playing with Lego and i don't see that changing anytime soon..

One item of note: the current price these are being sold at is ridiculous. look elsewhere for Duplo product, but have no worries about the quality.
on February 10, 2014
I ordered this as a Christmas present for my 22-month-old son and he loves it! For a month after Christmas 80% of his playtime was spent playing Duplos (he has this bucket plus one smaller set). He still plays with them quite a bit two months later. This was his first set to come with figures and he loves the two little people, he carries them everywhere and calls them "babies"! The piece with wheels is also fun, though it would be nice if this set came with 1 or 2 more wheeled pieces so you could make a train (it has hooks/loops to attach multiple wheeled pieces together if you have more than one of the same kind). My son mainly builds towers of similarly-sized blocks or lines up bricks on the base plate and this set is great for that; however, when my husband and I try to build things, we wish there were a few more longer bricks to build roofs and bridges. Overall, this is a great starter set and you can still build a lot if it's your only set. If your kid loves the figures or wheels, then you can always get 1-2 other smaller sets to supplement this box. The box does come only about half full so you can easily combine it with other sets!
on January 4, 2012
These were a Christmas gift for my 2 1/2 year old twin grandsons. They are a perfect size for them to build with and they love putting them together and taking them apart. I think these will last them a long time and give them hours of enjoyment. I also thought they were a good value with enough pieces for both of them to build.
on October 1, 2013
We bought these for our daughter's 1 year birthday. I know she is below the age limit but her dad really wanted them and to build towers for her to knock down.
The toddler has had them now for 2 weeks and she is really enjoying them. She likes to take the blocks apart, and bang the pieces and chew on them a bit. She seems to enjoy taking the bucket and dumping the blocks out. If she plays with them for years they were the best investment ever! I think these along with legos are going to last a long time in our house. They are sturdy and are not showing teeth marks yet, they all fit together (something that can be an issue with knock off Legos)
so a great buy even for a 1 year old!
and I appreciate the bucket for clean up time. the lid is not attached and there is no handle (that was a issue once)