5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect and Necessary Expansion for Basic Duplo Bricks
In an interest in expanding the building possibilities of our existing Duplos, we bought two sets of these building plates alongside two of the large Duplo baseplates.

Published on February 13, 2010 by goonius

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced on Amazon
I just bought this 3 plate set for $10.99 at the Lego store in Rockafeller Center in NYC!!! Its a great item for our son, but it doesn't make sense to overpay!
Published on February 14, 2012 by G in Jersey City

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect and Necessary Expansion for Basic Duplo Bricks, February 13, 2010
goonius (a room in a house on a street in a city just like any other.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Building Plates (x3) 2198 (Toy)

I am really pleased with these building plates. Prior to purchasing them, I had wondered if they would really be useful and necessary once we had the baseplate to build on, and the answer is a definitive yes. This set of plates includes one each of red, yellow, and green. Each individual plates measures 7.5" x 3.75" or 12 x 6 pegs. Each plate is exactly half the thickness of a standard Duplo brick, so unlike the large baseplate, which is rather flimsy and may not last, these plates are durable enough that a child would have to really try to break them. These plates make fantastic roofs for houses, or just large points at which to join a sturdy skyscraper. They can also be used as smaller baseplates, and can be joined by other bricks to make a larger surface on which to build a sizable structure. I would recommend buying at least a couple sets of these. If you order directly from the Lego site, you could get three sets of these for the price they're being offered here, and the shipping is comparable as well.

For children who are young or who are not gentle with their toys, I would recommend these smaller building plates over the large 15" x 15" baseplate because of the durability issues with the baseplate, which I feel is better for slightly older children unless it is mounted on a sturdy surface. These do a fine job of expanding building possibilities, and with so few large pieces in most sets of bricks, these seem like an absolutely necessary companion to Duplos.

For those concerned with country of origin, these building plates are made in Europe, rather than China or Mexico.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly-sized Duplo plates, August 17, 2010
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Building Plates (x3) 2198 (Toy)
It's LEGO DUPLO, which means it's top-notch quality. What more can you say? You get three plates, each 12x6 (bumps) in size. Put them together to form the base of a building, or use them separately as bases for vehicles, robots, towers, etc.

But buyer beware--as of this writing, the price here on Amazon is listed at $17.44. At the LEGO store (online or at the mall), it's $6.99 for the exact same set--less than half the price!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced on Amazon, February 14, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have for any Duplo collection, December 27, 2011
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Building Plates (x3) 2198 (Toy)
Until I purchased these plates, my son was just stacking like-sized Duplos together and that's it. Now, he builds towers, buildings, animals, you name it. I just wish they came in a larger size as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars lego duplo, December 19, 2011
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Building Plates (x3) 2198 (Toy)
The Duplo blocks are the most played toy in my home. I have kids from 19 mo's to age 7 in and out of my home who play with the lego duplo blocks, I ordered more building plates so they will not fuss over one plate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Endless Fun for a 2-Year Old, December 5, 2011
Squid729 (Pittsburgh PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Building Plates (x3) 2198 (Toy)
No such thing as tiring of the Legos. Virtually indestructible. Priced very reasonably. I'd like some other sizes and color options other than red, yellow, green. So going to try to customize a few sets using vinyl dye, make some black and tan plates.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is, November 27, 2011
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Building Plates (x3) 2198 (Toy)
I got this so we could have a larger base to build structures on. Works great. It is what it is. And does what it's supposed to. I don't really consider it educational, but does aide in motor skills.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, December 20, 2013
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Building Plates (x3) 2198 (Toy)
I thought I was getting 3 10 X 10 plates for the price. I will send them back for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, November 4, 2013
Priscilla L Durr (Jacksonville, Fl, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Building Plates (x3) 2198 (Toy)
These help him to keep his creations together. He consistenly uses them and his creations are getting bigger and bigger

5.0 out of 5 stars don't have leggos without it., June 27, 2013
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO Building Plates (x3) 2198 (Toy)
These are the foundation for all my 4 year old's creations are these plates. Must have if your kid enjoys leggos.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›