Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on May 16, 2013
My daughters love this set. They play with it all the time, the only down side, it only has three candles. My daughters are always fighting over who gets the candles, I wish it had come with about 6 or 8 candles. After you build the cake, you still have enough blocks to build a couple of cupcakes, and there are never enough candles to top off all of the created desserts! I went to the lego website to order more, and so far they have never been available, they are always out!
*** Since I wrote the original post, I still was never able to order extra candles from the lego website. So I found a used set on eb*y that had all but one of the pieces, and I bought that for a very very good price! It even came with the original box and lid! My girls still play with this set all of the time! Except now they don't fight over the candles, and there are two lids, which are also the "serving trays". All of the pieces from the two sets, fit into one of the boxes. I am still very happy with this purchase. I wish they had an Ice cream set too!

UPDATE:
1/2016 Lego now has an Ice Cream Set LEGO DUPLO Creative Play 10574 Creative Ice Cream Yay!
My daughters would definitely be interested in that! They both still play with this cake set, ages 7 & 4. We are BIG Fans of Duplo Legos!!
I checked the Lego website just now...and the Candles are Still out of stock. I have never used the Brickset.com website, but I have heard good things about it.
on May 27, 2014
My toddler son loves "birthdays" as he associates them with cake, cupcakes and ice cream. I purchased this set for him and he is having a fantastic time. He enjoys making us cakes and treats and his singing has never been better. I am a little disappointed lego gears this towards girls. Everyone enjoys a good party and I am glad I purchased this to go along with my son's many duplo sets comprising of trains (his favorite), Jake pirate ship, entire Planes collection, Cars set, etc.

It is good to mix up the fun! My only complaint is that this set says for ages 2-5 and they only provided 3 candles. Boo!

In my opinion I believe boys will enjoy this set as much as girls.
on October 22, 2013
My 3-year-old daughter received this as a birthday present this week, and both she and her 4-year-old sister love it. The youngest is always making pretend cakes, lollipops, and dinner out of whatever toys her imagination can shape them from, including her regular Lego Duplo set. This set gave her just what she needed to really feel like a little baker. The cupcake and icing tops are terrific, and the cupcake bottoms and candles are great accessories to really make it feel "like mommy's!" to her. I like the color scheme that was chosen for the blocks, too. There's a good assortment for making both larger and smaller bakery items. One of the first things my 3-year-old made was a slice of multi-tiered chocolate cake with a bunch of pink icing layers.

The flower accents are the same flowers you'll find in other Duplo sets, but she likes using these more because they match the cake colors. I would have preferred a plastic bin over a cardboard one, since it would probably hold up better over time. However, I very much like that they made the lid double as a serving tray; that was a brilliant little extra for this set on Lego's part.

If you have a small child who loves to build with Legos and is always pretending to bake, then this is the set for you. Highly recommended!
on March 22, 2015
My toddler loves all things Lego Duplo and this is no exception. The quality is great and the colors are pretty - some even have a marbled pattern to them. The current price is ridiculous though. I would not pay over $25 for this particular set since it's only 55 pieces. I took a picture and you can see for yourself. Moreover, the box it came in is cardboard and very deep so when you open it, it looks almost empty.
review image
on October 14, 2012
I got it for her because the other set I got her wasn't at all "girly" and I wanted to cover the bases. ;-) She likes them both, probably plays with the other ones a little more but still uses this set on an almost-daily basis. I also got it for her because some of the pieces had potential for other applications--the cupcake domes could be architectural domes on towers or buildings, and the curved quarters can be airplane wings, or the front of a boat, or whatever. Since many of the blocks are just basic bricks anyway, I figured even if the cake-making got old quickly, the set could easily contribute to other builds.
on February 16, 2014
This was a nice set to add to our Duplo collection. We do not use it as a tea set. I got it because it has some different colors and shapes than we have in our other collections. I really like the 4 pieces that fit together to make a circle. We used the circle pieces to build a multi-tier stage with candles and flowers, and then used it with the circus set. We also used it to make a raised fountain with a garden around it. The whipped cream is a nice decoration for a 'fancy' building. The cupcakes can be stacked to make trees that look like they came from a Dr. Seuss story. Very cute!
on April 19, 2013
We get out this set (2 sets actually) in our preschool classroom on every child's birthday, along with a few other birthday table activities, and it is always a favorite. Whatever they build is charming! Boys and girls both love it.
on August 3, 2015
We have loved and used this set for two years solid. My girls are 5 and still make cupcakes and treats daily for their stuffed animal friends. Very cute set, with enough block options. Especially love the birthday candles and circular pieces to create the perfect tea party cake.
on April 10, 2012
Bought this based on positive reviews from parents with 3 year olds. My granddaughter enjoys playing with legos and I wanted to get her something beyond the basic building blocks. At first she played with it frequently, but now it does not seem to hold her interest. Will try again in a couple of months. We used it to supplement tea parties with her dolls and to help celebrate "birthdays". The product's uniqueness still appeals to me.
on December 7, 2013
Bought this as a lightning deal for my little niece - box just arrived, and it is bigger than I expected. Only downside is that the storage box is cardboard, and might wear with time. But it seems very fun, and allows kids to be creative. Im sure she will love it