Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on November 1, 2012
Our imaginative 3 y.o. enjoys toys he can manipulate into his big-scale dramatic readings of everyday living, and this little set fits the bill. It works great with his zoo, farm, police officer, and Duplo skip loader, adding two characters for the scene in addition to the blocks and all the great foodstuffs.
on October 1, 2013
I ordered this for my 4 yr old daughter. She had trouble with the regular size legos so I found the duplos. She loves them. They are so much easier for her to work with and she can build stuff now not have mommy do it. I gave this to her after she got her 4 yr check up and 4 shots. It helped take some of the pain away. This is a great set has two people and a shopping cart my daughter loves.
on January 15, 2013
My 2-year-old daughter loves Duplos, and the Supermarket is one of her favorite sets. She really likes some of the special pieces in this set: a cake, bananas, apples, bread, and a shopping cart. A girl and a boy figure are also included.

There aren't many bricks in this set, so this is best used in addition to another set. You need at least 100 or so pieces to build anything substantial. The Supermarket set does have one 2x8 red brick, which can be useful in building larger things.

Duplos are very well made. They're great for developing spatial skills and creativity. I really love them.
on January 25, 2014
I love Legos. I wasn't fortunate enough to grown up with them in the house (my mom didn't believe in girls playing with "boys" toys) but my husband did and he was excited to get Legos for our daughter this Christmas. She loves them and plays with them every night before bed with mommy and daddy. :)
on April 9, 2014
Lego Duplo is Lego Duplo... I mean, who doesn't know all the advantages that these blocks are providing to our kids? The challenge is more to pick the ones which would bring some more fun ! And also, to resist not to buy them all, am I right?
on December 22, 2013
My daughter just got this this morning as an early Christmas gift. It is a really nice set to add to your toddler's Duplo collection. It is nice that it comes with both people and food items. Very pleased with our purchase!
on November 30, 2015
This set is amazing. First of all it has a wheel barrow which Duplo people can hold, and it can hold pretty much any individual block except for the very long ones. My 2 year old son can't put it in the people's hands yet, so he has me do it, and then he calls it a dump truck and it has resulted in endless fun.

You also get the fun food pieces, of which the cake has become another favorite. The coffee and soap pieces have become instantly recognizable and my son loves to point them out when we build with them, he'll even cough when he sees the coffee since I taught him coffee makes you cough. The scale has become a clock, and is a wonderful piece to put on top of any house that you build. And the cash register can be used as a robot head as my son is now obsessed with robots.

The set doesn't include a whole lot in terms of building blocks, but the special pieces make it a wonderful set, especially since they are food and easily recognizable to a toddler.
The more recent (and thus less expensive) "My First Shop" and "Cafe" sets make more sense and have better pieces (nice shelves, ovens, things like that).
This set is okay. There are some design issues that I simply don't understand. The sign shows that they sell oranges, but Lego did not include the "oranges" piece in this set. The old "marketplace" set had the same sign, but actually sold everything that was on the sign. The shopper is also using a wheelbarrow in place of a shopping cart. They couldn't make a shopping cart piece?
I guess this set would be useful if you wanted to have a third store in addition to the (better and cheaper) Shop and Cafe sets. Or if you feel that you can't give a boy-child a box that is pink (the My First Shop and Cafe sets are definitely boy-appropriate and the boy figures clearly are running the show, but Lego decided to make both the boxes and many of the bricks pink for some reason...the company makes weird gender choices).
on May 6, 2012
My 2 year-old boy likes to play with the cart and grocery items in the set.
It is a nice addition to Lego Duplo series.
on February 24, 2013
My 4yr old son has a big box full of Lego Duplos but he liked it for the novelty factor.

Good for occasional play - or to mix in with other pieces.

See 1 answered question