Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.99 shipping
+ $5.62 shipping
LEGO DUPLO My First Zoo 6136
|Price:||$34.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- DUPLO® bricks, figures and animals are colorful, safe and sturdy for little hands and big imaginations.
- Includes zoo keeper with new DUPLO zoo vehicle
- Feed the cute zoo animals, including a baby elephant, tiger, fish, polar bear and giraffe
- Set the scene with plenty of colorful DUPLO® bricks
- 60 elements
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
Like the other Duplo sets that I have purchased, this is of exceptional durable quality (quality that far exceeds what I have seen/experienced from the Megablox, but that is subjective), and can be easily washed in the top rack of the dishwasher, should it be necessary to clean them. As for the toy's educational value, my little one is learning the names of and sounds that a few animals make (while giggling hysterically), and she's doing basic construction (though she prefers to take apart what others in the family have assembled).Read more ›
Even on its own, it is a great set. It provides a general theme, but kids are not limited to thinking "Zoo"--my youngest daughter had the little animals at a tea party within hours of opening the box.
If this is your first Duplo set, consider picking up LEGO Duplo Building Set - 71 Pieces (5380) along with this one, or as your next purchase. [Note: the link goes to one specific listing for the 5380 building set. It may be listed by multiple sellers on Amazon.com, so shop carefully.]
You really can't go wrong with Lego Duplo blocks for their durability, and kids love them. This set is sure to be a favorite.
As she unwrapped the package, she shouted "Oooh animals! Elephants! Tigers!" Needless to say, she was excited right off the bat.
After about two weeks of daily, consistent play with this set, here are my thoughts:
- She loves the animals (giraffe, tiger, polar bear, fish, and elephant), the Zoo Keeper, and the little jeep that rolls very nicely and has room for one driver and one passenger on the back
- She has been building zoo exhibits and animal enclosures, and she has incorporated animals and people from her Noah's Ark Playmobil set into the fun
- Best of all, the play value extends way beyond zoo related activities. She has been working with us to build elevators, escalators, houses, and other structures with the Legos.
- The Legos are just about right for a two year old. She still needs help at times to snap them into place, but she has no trouble taking them apart. A little more practice and she will be a pro at snapping as well as unsnapping.
I highly recommend this set for all children who love animals or building with blocks! Because of the endless combinations and adorable animals, there is little opportunity for boredom with this set.
1. The pieces are durable, the colors are bright, and like all Lego sets, the blocks fit easily together to build things. While my granddaughter can't yet do that herself, she likes handing me the pieces and watching me do it. She also likes pulling the blocks apart, which she can easily do.
2. The zoo animals are just the right size for tiny hands.
3. There are so many different possible configurations, limited only by your imagination. That's the beauty of Lego sets.
Note: this does not come with a bag or container to hold the pieces, and the box is really too big to store them in. I use an inexpensive large ziplock container to store the pieces so that they don't get lost.
Update November 25, 2012: This has become one of my granddaughter's favorite toys, though I am not sure why. She likes moving the car around on the play table she has, and also likes handling the zoo keeper figure and the giraffe, elephant, tiger, polar bear and fish. She uses it every time she comes to my house and plays with it for more than just a few minutes. In fact she can easily spend an hour with this toy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My kid stopped playing with it after the first hour. I understand if you had five different sets to combine them with it, but one set...boring. IMOPublished 1 month ago by Pleasant1911
Unfortunately had to return as this was a duplicate set. THKS anywayPublished 1 month ago by woman who lived in a shoe
Gave this to a child and he was stoked. Can't blame him these look like fun!Published 5 months ago by Mark
Can't go wrong with Legos! My four year old grandson loves Legos and so do I! We spent a lot of Grandma-Jacob time playing with this set.Published 7 months ago by Barbara R
A lot of fun playing with Lego. I mixed this set with other sets for my son. A good buy!Published 8 months ago by Freyja