Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on February 8, 2010
We looked all over town for extra plates to use with BIG legos and our mega bloks. They come with small plates in the sets but no one had LARGE plates for the BIG legos, only for the tiny legos which are not compatible with the duplo series. I inquired with the company as one person said returns on this product were a hassle. The company responded quickly to assure me these are the ones compatible with the large legos. Upon receiving the product they were indeed what I expected but wow 15x15" looks a lot larger in person, as one reviewer stated, storing these can be pain, especially considering they are not a durable THICK base like the small plates that come in sets, no these are a very thin base, easy to snap and break. Will have to add "build lego table" to the honey-do list :). Other than the complaint that they are so flimsy the purpose is exactly what I was needing to expand our creative building!
on February 7, 2012
When the plates arrived my 2 year old son was anxious to build a Lego City! They are thin and easily breakable for toddlers, so I picked up and sanded the edges of a sheet of plywood...then I spray glued the plates side by side to the plywood. After a few hours, it was dry but not permanent. This way they can be removed later and stuck onto a table as he gets older. His Lego City platform now sits on our coffee table at his level and is easily relocated to his room or anywhere else when necessary.
on September 27, 2007
Bought 4 of these, they are great, makes it so my kids can build a city, or tower that is high, or whatever they want. I built an activity table that holds all 4 of them and they work great
on February 25, 2014
I purchased this set of two building plates to make my son a custom Lego table. We don't have room for the large tables out there, so I purchased the Foremost 327606 Modular Open Cube Storage System, Black and superglued these to two of the sides, and it functions perfectly for my toddler.

I also purchased a fabric bin so that the Legos can all be stored inside the cube. The footprint of this items is then very small and doesn't take up much room in our small apartment.

These plates work exclusively with the Duplos, not regular Legos. Amazon also seemed to have the best price for a set of two. Each plate allows for a lot of space for play and my son was thrilled when we got them.
on January 6, 2012
My kids both just had birthdays (turning 6 and 4). They both love building, so we have had duplo blocks for years. However, we purchased these building plates for Christmas this year on a whim...and what a good choice it was!

These building plates are 5" larger than most. The standard size is 10 x 10 inches. These arrived in a timely fashion. They were just as described and my kids absolutely love them. My son loves to build cities on them. We have the Duplo Zoo and he usually builds the zoo on one plate and a city on the other plate. Then the car drives back and forth between the city and the zoo. I would highly recommend these building plates!
on October 19, 2015
This is a great price on Lego plates. My boys 4 and 6 spend hours building with their Legos and this took their experience to the next level. The plates are sturdy enough you can use them on carpet, which is nice.
on March 21, 2016
I love these Lego Edugation Large building plates! They are a great value considering the price they wanted for one plate at toys r us was 11.00 by itself! This are nice thick material and work awesome with the Duplo blocks! Now my son can build cities and large houses and towns with this large plates. I love that they have two different colors included so you can switch it up when you are sick of a color! They hold a lot of blocks, and are easy to clean too! I highly recommend these!
on April 23, 2014
When I was little I had a duplo base plate. It was solid, me and my brother abused it but it held up. It felt rigid. Now I have a son and I needed a duplo base plate; these are not as solid as base plates were 20 years ago. They have quite a bit of flex in them. They are still usable, but the quality has gone down with time. For best use, these should be used on a solid surface (like a table), they have a bit too much flex to work well on thick carpet.

We use these with first builders. 4 duplo pegs fit under the square one first builder peg fits into. It works well. Having a base helps make big creations.
on March 11, 2015
These didn't live up to the lego standard. Most big plates from lego are firm but these are quite flimsy. Hard to push the legos down on them because of this. They certainly could make this thicker just like all the other Duplo pieces!!!! Bummer
on January 20, 2016
Comes with two bases, red and green. They're bigger then I realized, which I was happy about. They're so big they won't fit in the box I store the rest of the Duplos in.

The only issue I have is that because they plates are a little flexible it is difficult to attach the first bricks if you're not working on a solid hard surface (like carpet).

It is hard to find these plates and they are a good price, so I do definitely recommend buying them.