4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Collection
I've been building up a Lego collection for my son and found this to be a pretty good purchase. The price per brick is decent, and the set I received had a pretty good distribution of bricks. The only negative was (in my opinion) more 1 x 2 blocks than necessary, and fewer 2 x 4 blocks than I would have liked.
Here is the breakdown of my set:
(By Brick)
1...
Published on June 30, 2010 by J. Mazur

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment
My son and I both love legos, and were hoping for more from this bulk kit. While it contains a large number of pieces, the majority of them are very small pieces. Very few of the standard bricks. We were hoping to use this set to construct houses and buildings. However, there are really not enough of the standard size bricks to do so.
Published on July 12, 2012 by JSM

Orange 24 3%
Light Blue 24 3%
Light Green 24 3%

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, July 12, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Never enough bigger blocks, July 8, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Education Brick Set 4579793 (884 Pieces) (Misc.)
The set delivers what it promises, but it still disappoints because the number of larger blocks is limited. You end up with lots of very small ones. There seems to be no way around this problem with LEGO sets. You can go to the LEGO website and order just larger blocks if you want them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to supplement your lego collection at a reasonable price, December 4, 2012
Brian H. (Indiana, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Education Brick Set 4579793 (884 Pieces) (Misc.)
This 800+ piece set consists of basic blocks and planks in a wide variety of sizes and colors. Colors included are blue, red, yellow, white, green. While this in itself is not the most exciting set, the large quantity of pcs greatly expands the building possibilities of an existing collection. I purchased this for my 7 year old who is mainly interested in building the largest structure she possibly can; she loved all the "extra" blocks and was more excited with this than most themed sets we have bought in the past. Overall this "bulk" set is a great value in terms of cost per piece when compared to that of a normal set and is a great addition to any lego fan's collection, young and old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Lego Lovers, November 29, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Education Brick Set 4579793 (884 Pieces) (Misc.)
This set is great because unlike the expensive model kits my 5 and 6 year olds will build once then refuse to disassemble they can create over and over with these bricks. Great to use with a Lego book that gives step by step instructions for vehicles, etc. or to use their imagination for endless creations.

5.0 out of 5 stars A set that enables your child to build what they want, February 18, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Education Brick Set 4579793 (884 Pieces) (Misc.)
We have quite a few lego sets, but wanted a general one so our boys could use there own imagination and build something they created. This set provided a lot of pieces and when joined with pieces from our other sets our boyse created buildings, houses, cars, planes Jails, and garages that are the kids idea. Its a little pricy and doesn't have instructions giving kids further ideas, but it promotes more free design.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of little pieces, December 31, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Education Brick Set 4579793 (884 Pieces) (Misc.)
I only wish there were more 4x2 standard blocks. A lot of the pieces are very small. I bought this set, plus the wheels, roof pieces, and windows and doors. I feel like to be able to build anything substantial - like a house - we need more standard bricks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego Brick Set, January 8, 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
We sent this large set to our grandsons ages 3 and 6 for Christmas. They have really enjoyed it. I believe I thought I was on this site when I reviewed the windows, doors and tiles but both sets were fabulous allowing the boys to create all sorts of things. We also purchased a rolling cart that our daughter selected. She has all the legos in different drawers so it is easy when the boys are making things to find size, color, windows etc or people. We would highly recommend this set because it allows their immagination to create.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set, January 4, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Education Brick Set 4579793 (884 Pieces) (Misc.)
This is a good set, but my son would have liked it more, if there was a larger quantity of the 2x4 and 2x8 bricks

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment - half of them are small ones (1x1 and 1x2 block), December 5, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Education Brick Set 4579793 (884 Pieces) (Misc.)
Disappointment because half of them are small items (1x1 and 1x2 block). I wish 3 quarters of them should be 2x4 or 2x3 blocks. Anyways, I bought this for my son but we have a good time to build together. I am looking for another set when they are on sale....

LEGO Education Brick Set 4579793 (884 Pieces)
$54.95