Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 30, 2010
I've been building up a Lego collection for my son and found this to be a pretty good purchase. The price per brick is decent, and the set I received had a pretty good distribution of bricks. The only negative was (in my opinion) more 1 x 2 blocks than necessary, and fewer 2 x 4 blocks than I would have liked.
Here is the breakdown of my set:
(By Brick)

Green 90 10%
Orange 24 3%
Light Blue 24 3%
Light Green 24 3%
1818 comments|1,428 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2012
My son and I both love legos, and were hoping for more from this bulk kit. While it contains a large number of pieces, the majority of them are very small pieces. Very few of the standard bricks. We were hoping to use this set to construct houses and buildings. However, there are really not enough of the standard size bricks to do so.
44 comments|185 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2013
The set delivers what it promises, but it still disappoints because the number of larger blocks is limited. You end up with lots of very small ones. There seems to be no way around this problem with LEGO sets. You can go to the LEGO website and order just larger blocks if you want them.
66 comments|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2013
I only wish there were more 4x2 standard blocks. A lot of the pieces are very small. I bought this set, plus the wheels, roof pieces, and windows and doors. I feel like to be able to build anything substantial - like a house - we need more standard bricks.
on December 5, 2013
Disappointment because half of them are small items (1x1 and 1x2 block). I wish 3 quarters of them should be 2x4 or 2x3 blocks. Anyways, I bought this for my son but we have a good time to build together. I am looking for another set when they are on sale....
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 12, 2016
Lego has been a trusted brand in our family for many years. As much as we love the themed sets that Lego provides, there is never enough blocks for "free building play" to go around. I set out on a mission to purchase basic bricks. At first, I tried that large online bidding site. I was disappointed that all the bricks had been sorted out and I was left with pounds of specialty pieces. I then went to my trusted Amazon and found this Lego Education set, which has been discontinued. As soon as I saw that fantastic price of $43, I purchased two sets! I was iffy when I read the reviews, but I can assure you, it comes with a nice variety and a good amount of bricks! Such a great gift for your builder! A nice supplement to your existing sets or use this as an introductory set. The bricks are the same size as the regular Legos. They are NOT Duplo size. They come with a nice variety of bricks. A great value at 4.8 cents per brick!
review image review image review image
on November 29, 2012
This set is great because unlike the expensive model kits my 5 and 6 year olds will build once then refuse to disassemble they can create over and over with these bricks. Great to use with a Lego book that gives step by step instructions for vehicles, etc. or to use their imagination for endless creations.
on July 24, 2015
This is a great set. While I love some of the Lego themes and amazing specialty sets, I was glad to learn that they still make Lego sets that allow for creativity. Plenty of pieces that allow for free building. Contrary to some opinions I've heard, I feel like the newer Legos are still very well made.
review image
on February 18, 2014
We have quite a few lego sets, but wanted a general one so our boys could use there own imagination and build something they created. This set provided a lot of pieces and when joined with pieces from our other sets our boyse created buildings, houses, cars, planes Jails, and garages that are the kids idea. Its a little pricy and doesn't have instructions giving kids further ideas, but it promotes more free design.
on December 4, 2012
This 800+ piece set consists of basic blocks and planks in a wide variety of sizes and colors. Colors included are blue, red, yellow, white, green. While this in itself is not the most exciting set, the large quantity of pcs greatly expands the building possibilities of an existing collection. I purchased this for my 7 year old who is mainly interested in building the largest structure she possibly can; she loved all the "extra" blocks and was more excited with this than most themed sets we have bought in the past. Overall this "bulk" set is a great value in terms of cost per piece when compared to that of a normal set and is a great addition to any lego fan's collection, young and old.