Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now STEM

on June 30, 2010
I've been building up a Lego collection for my son and found this to be a pretty good purchase. The price per brick is decent, and the set I received had a pretty good distribution of bricks. The only negative was (in my opinion) more 1 x 2 blocks than necessary, and fewer 2 x 4 blocks than I would have liked.
Here is the breakdown of my set:
(By Brick)

Green 90 10%
Orange 24 3%
Light Blue 24 3%
Light Green 24 3%
1717 comments|1,413 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2012
My son and I both love legos, and were hoping for more from this bulk kit. While it contains a large number of pieces, the majority of them are very small pieces. Very few of the standard bricks. We were hoping to use this set to construct houses and buildings. However, there are really not enough of the standard size bricks to do so.
44 comments|183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2013
The set delivers what it promises, but it still disappoints because the number of larger blocks is limited. You end up with lots of very small ones. There seems to be no way around this problem with LEGO sets. You can go to the LEGO website and order just larger blocks if you want them.
66 comments|92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2013
I only wish there were more 4x2 standard blocks. A lot of the pieces are very small. I bought this set, plus the wheels, roof pieces, and windows and doors. I feel like to be able to build anything substantial - like a house - we need more standard bricks.
on December 5, 2013
Disappointment because half of them are small items (1x1 and 1x2 block). I wish 3 quarters of them should be 2x4 or 2x3 blocks. Anyways, I bought this for my son but we have a good time to build together. I am looking for another set when they are on sale....
on November 29, 2012
This set is great because unlike the expensive model kits my 5 and 6 year olds will build once then refuse to disassemble they can create over and over with these bricks. Great to use with a Lego book that gives step by step instructions for vehicles, etc. or to use their imagination for endless creations.
on February 18, 2014
We have quite a few lego sets, but wanted a general one so our boys could use there own imagination and build something they created. This set provided a lot of pieces and when joined with pieces from our other sets our boyse created buildings, houses, cars, planes Jails, and garages that are the kids idea. Its a little pricy and doesn't have instructions giving kids further ideas, but it promotes more free design.
on July 24, 2015
This is a great set. While I love some of the Lego themes and amazing specialty sets, I was glad to learn that they still make Lego sets that allow for creativity. Plenty of pieces that allow for free building. Contrary to some opinions I've heard, I feel like the newer Legos are still very well made.
review image
on December 4, 2012
This 800+ piece set consists of basic blocks and planks in a wide variety of sizes and colors. Colors included are blue, red, yellow, white, green. While this in itself is not the most exciting set, the large quantity of pcs greatly expands the building possibilities of an existing collection. I purchased this for my 7 year old who is mainly interested in building the largest structure she possibly can; she loved all the "extra" blocks and was more excited with this than most themed sets we have bought in the past. Overall this "bulk" set is a great value in terms of cost per piece when compared to that of a normal set and is a great addition to any lego fan's collection, young and old.
on December 20, 2013
This is a basic set meant for classroom use, rather than for collectors or people who like to build exactly what's pictured on the box. This is the best Lego has to offer for an open ended building block set. There are no instructions, no "right way" to use the bricks. My kids had a couple of little sets, and this is the most affordable way I could find to expand their blocks. The rest of the Education line is awesome, too, but the rest are basically expansion packs that require this brick set first, to be able to build anything, so this set is the place to start.