5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for building your own Lego activity table!
We used these 4 large pieces to create a giant activity table for our kiddos! They love it and all their friends in the neighborhood love it too!
Published on September 27, 2012 by Libro

3.0 out of 5 stars Base plates are not robust, easy to break
Published on January 9, 2012 by asntdr01

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for building your own Lego activity table!, September 27, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Best deal I found anywhere!, December 3, 2011
My 5 year old son is enamored with these! He can build and build for days with all the room these provide, and carry his masterpieces to a new location because they are so big. I looked everywhere and these are the best deal I found anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego base plates set of 4, December 27, 2010
This is a gift for my 8 year old son. He was so excited to get them. He especially likes the large grey base plate for his Star Wars creations. They are even larger than we expected! Purchased through Amazon.com and received them promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most important Lego, January 14, 2012
amazonian (northeast, USA) - See all my reviews
I had a giant box of legos that my boys played with sporadicly. I got them this, and bam creativity explostion.

3.0 out of 5 stars Base plates are not robust, easy to break, January 9, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
The baseplates fit the lego blocks well, the colors and sizes are as advertised, and the son is enjoying them. However, we purchased a table and permanently mounted them to the table because if you pick these things up by the corners they will break. Also don't pick them up with blocks on them because they will flex and pop the blocks off causing you to have to rebuild. Plastic is inexpensive so I don't understand why the manufacturer doesn't make them thicker so they would be more sturdy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego base plates, June 27, 2012
These are the same base plates as found places like Toys R Us but a much better price. This is a good deal!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for portable building, but seem flimsier than when I was kid, November 27, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Education Large Building Plates 4570274 (4 Pieces) (Toy)
I remember having a big gray plate like the 15x15 in this set, when I was a kid, some 35+ years ago. It provided a great base for building and being able to move your model w/o it crumbling to pieces. And that still holds true.

However, the plate seems a bit flimsier than I remember. Admittedly, time has a way of distorting memory. But I have some reservations about moving heavier models mounted to the bigger plate, due to it's flexibility. It should work fine on a firm surface, but could prove frustrating on a rug or softer surface.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Flimsy!, December 20, 2013
I'm attaching the larger piece to a table, so it won't be too bad. But it will be difficult to use these as a stand alone project. For the cost of these plates, they really should be better quality. Especially considering they are marketed as an education pack, these will break in no time in a classroom setting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect lego plate combination, January 4, 2014
jeremy pyburn (GADSDEN, ALABAMA, US) - See all my reviews
My son absolutely loved these. It gave him the pieces to make his city. Now his sets can come together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Lego product., January 3, 2014
They are lego plates and they work with legos. I'm gluing them to a table. What more can I say?

LEGO Education Large Building Plates 4570274 (4 Pieces)
$34.95 $33.12