Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on January 27, 2012
I purchased this kit for a Pre-Kindergarten classroom and have received high praise from children, parents and teachers. I highly recommend this educational toy.
on November 9, 2015
I'm a bit disappointed in this kit. For the money, there should be more stuff. It would be nice to be able to build a bunch of different machines at the same time, but there just aren't enough parts. I paid $108. For that much money, I'd like more legos please. I mean, seriously. The picture makes it look like a big kit, but it's just a little over 100 legos. That's a dollar a lego!

With that said, my son is very happy with it. I just think it's a bit of a ripe off. For the same money, I can get 500 mine-craft legos. I honestly don't get why these "education" kits are so expensive. it's ridiculous.
on June 12, 2012
My son is 2.5 years old, he likes build up blocks with us. He also can assemble by himself, but to assemble a car or robot is still difficult for him. We like the good quality and educational function.
on December 9, 2011
I brought this item for my 5 yrs old daughter and she just love it so much. She plays almost everyday by herself with the instruction sheets included. The instruction sheets were helpful and she can also create her own new design,too.
Very inspriing for children!!!
on April 1, 2015
This is a great product for my students to learn about simple machines by making them. I use this with my kindergartners. The cards are easy to follow with some teacher support. They love it and feel so accomplished!
on December 28, 2014
My four year old grandson started playing with this as soon as he opened it on Christmas Day. He didn't want to open other gifts for quite a while, because he was having so much fun with the Lego set.
on January 27, 2015
Love, love, love these. You can do so much with this set - even with little ones that are below the age limit. They can easily begin learning science without realizing that they are learning! You get illustrations in the set and can order a "teacher set" - but you don't have to be a teacher to use it The teacher set is great for those that need help with ideas or explanations. There is just so much to do. My 4 year old grandson loves putting pieces together and seeing the movement of the wheels. I can't say enough about this set for the younger kids. So much better than video and digital "toys/games" - they can actually use their imagination and can also incorporate it with other legos. Many wheels, tires, etc to use - can build pinwheels (put them in front of fans to turn them), hockey player that can move their arm to hit the puck, etc. We built the soccer player, bleachers for the fans- complete with stadium "lights" - your imagination is the limit while the kids learns about levers, pulleys, etc. Great investment! Can't say enough. There are also YouTube videos that you can pull up to see things others have made.
on May 19, 2014
I order this from Amazon and it came with everything you see in the picture, including the box and picture guide. A little expensive, but you know lego always has good quality. My boy is 4 and he is not really ready for this toy, but my 6 years old girls did have fun with it.
on April 11, 2016
If your kids are a bit too young for the Lego technic sets, this is for you. It is expensive, but it is so much fun. The whole family builds with these and makes some great simple machines. The set includes different sized gears so you can really get into making things move slow or fast with different gear ratios. There are sturdy cards that help you build certain machines too. This set is designed for class use, so everything about it is kid-friendly.
on July 22, 2016
I love the concept of this toy. I am disappointed that I could only build one machine at a time because, there is only 2 long red bricks and almost all of the machines require at least one of these pieces. For the price, I simply can't believe that they couldn't include enough pieces to be able to construct more than one machine at a time. It is frustrating to work with this set with a small child because you finish one machine and of course the very next thing they want to do is build another one but of course they still want to keep the one they built and play with it but these two things are incompatible. It is frustrating. I still want to keep the set because, I ended up buying it from Amazon during a lightening deal and therefore only paid $110; which is a great savings and I will use the savings to purchase the activity kit from Lego. The activity kit which is another $55 includes 8 - 45 min. lessons on how to build and utilize the machines with different activities. This is a great idea. I do feel that for the price of Lego Education Duplo Early Simple Machines....the Activity Kit should have been INCLUDED! Without the activity kit then this toy is way too simple for the price. All the machines can be easily built in under an hour. Perhaps one could come up with their own creative activities to get the most out of the machines without needed the activity kit but, I'm not a teacher and therefore felt that it was necessary.

It is Lego so of course the pieces are well-made and the storage tote it comes in is a huge plus. All the pieces were present and it came in brand new condition. Also, the pieces included are all UNIQUE pieces. They are not to be found in the other regular kits so in that regard, I do understand that this kit is more costly because, the company has to make these unique pieces and cannot turn around and recycle them into a hundred other kits; like they usually do with their other boxes.

The item arrived quickly; within 3 days of my order being placed. The item was as described on the product page. The product was packaged well with large-sized bubble wrap surrounding the item; to ensure it arrived safely. The package was intact without any smashed corners, upon arrival.