5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
Published on December 24, 2011 by Boys' Mom

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Found out that this package is no longer manufacture, but seemed OK.
Published 9 days ago by Robert Struzik

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, December 24, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Education Wheels Set 4598357 (286 Pieces) (Misc.)
Partial list of contents: Qty (4) wheels that are 1-1/8" diameter, Qty (28) wheels that are 13/16" , Qty (16) wheels that are 9/16", Qty (4) "small" windshields, and Qty. (4) "large" windshields, Qty. (12) steering wheels. Numerous grey colored plates for car chassis, colored pieces for fenders, axels. This set only includes the parts to create the "frame" of the car (i.e. wheels, windshields, chassis, fenders, axels,and steering wheels). You'll need additional Lego pieces to create the bodies of the cars. The product description listed on Amazon says there are four wheel sizes, but I think that's a mistake and there are only three sizes.

My sons (ages 6, 4, 3) enjoy creating new cars for their Lego men. Or, they simply attach wheels to a Lego man so he can roll. I think these are great because kids can use their creativity to build simple cars without the blueprints of more complex Lego sets.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can never have enough wheels, March 3, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Education Wheels Set 4598357 (286 Pieces) (Misc.)
OK, I admit it, I vacuum up a lot of Legos. When I notice I've done this, I try to go through the dust cup and fish them out. However, sometimes, when it is really full, I just can't bring myself to do it. This leads me back to the title of this review, you can never have enough wheels, or axles for that matter. When you buy a Lego set that has a car in it, they don't give you extra wheels, so if you have vacuuming *issues* like I do, you NEED this set.

This set comes with 3 different sized wheels (and hubs), I know the description says 4, but it is wrong. You will also find fixed sized axles, and half axles that can be placed on a car as far apart as you want them to be so that you can make cars of varying widths. In addition, you will find windshields, steering wheels, flat plates for creating the base of the car and little angled pieces for putting on the sides of the tires to make it look like they have fenders.

You will need additional Lego pieces for creating the rest of the car(s). For most of us parents that won't be a problem, just lift up the couch and sweep out all the Lego pieces that have migrated under there. I'm sure you will find enough to create the rest of the bodies for these cars. The enclosed pieces are enough to make 12 chassis at one time. In addition to the crazy cars my boys have created using these pieces, they have also used this set for replacement parts for all their police and fire vehicles from the Lego City sets.

Pay close attention to the product picture so you know exactly what you are getting. If you do not have lots of Legos already at your house and you are looking for a complete set for building vehicles, you may want to look at a different product. Here is one that may interest you: LEGO Bricks and More Fun with Vehicles 4635. Set 4635 won't make as many vehicles at once, but it is a complete set with instructions for all the vehicles shown on the box. The Lego Wheel set is more for those that are looking to create their own designs and for those looking for replacement parts.

Remember, you are never too old to play with Legos!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wheels make everything better, March 5, 2012
H. T. Rye (Kansas City, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Education Wheels Set 4598357 (286 Pieces) (Misc.)
In our house, the 4 adults play with legos more than the one child. We had created many things with the base set that the child got for Christmas, but we were starting to come to the end of the possibilities. I realized that what we really needed was wheels and axles. This pack is awesome! Several different sizes of wheels/tires. Comes with a bunch of thin chassis pieces. The day this came in the mail, we spend several hours creating 10 - 12 vehicles. Our lego love is renewed.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the Lego- and Car-Loving Kid, August 29, 2013
BenjisMom (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Education Wheels Set 4598357 (286 Pieces) (Misc.)
Kit has three different size wheels, three types of axles, and different size bases to make so many different car variations! We bought two for my son's birthday party. Each guest got to make their own Lego car to take home as the party favor. It was a big hit! The only thing we added were a few more colorful pieces to make the vehicles more vibrant. Otherwise, this has everything you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the extra parts in one box, December 17, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Education Wheels Set 4598357 (286 Pieces) (Misc.)
My boys love legos and this set is a welcome addition. No more intense negotiations and arguing over who gets the wheels. There are few things more fun than seeing your children creating something. This set has all the pieces that are in high demand when children are in the lego building business.

4.0 out of 5 stars birthday party, August 18, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Education Wheels Set 4598357 (286 Pieces) (Misc.)
I bought these for my sons 9th birthday party. There were enough wheels for each of the 10 boys to build a Lego car with. I had other Legos they used also. But this set was the wheels and windshields etc. The party was awesome! They were totally content, building, racing them, then taking their cars home in a goodie bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars This kit creates new topics with my son, May 11, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Education Wheels Set 4598357 (286 Pieces) (Misc.)
My son has recently been interested in Lego. This kit is a good supplement of the standard set. We played with Lego during the weekend and enjoyed the wonderful time together.

5.0 out of 5 stars ama, October 2, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Education Wheels Set 4598357 (286 Pieces) (Misc.)
I bought these for my Grandsons and they love them. They are a great addition to our sets of legos and have added hours of fun. For all building projects that you always seem to need more pieces for this is a great purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wheels, May 10, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Education Wheels Set 4598357 (286 Pieces) (Misc.)
I am a grandmother now and kept all the LEGOs my boys played with for over thirty years, washed and dried them. My grand kids, five and seven years old, enjoyed this treasure to build things out of phantasy. They did not want the wonderful sets they had received themselves and put together by Dad or Opa to take apart.

The game they invented was to build cars, let them run down a sloping board and the car not breaking and running the furthest was the winner. The problem was, the old wheels did not make it anymore. I promised to take care of that.

I looked up Lego.com (US): There was a set of wheels but they did not send it to Canada. Lego.ca did not have them. In the meantime I learned that they are not available anymore.

I wrote my story to Lego Customer Support and asked for help. To my great surprise I received a very nice letter giving me six websites to search for wheels. So I ordered two sets at Amazon. One (4598357)at Amazon.com and a different one (6118) at Amazon.ca which had the package coming from Japan. I kept the package to show them on a globe where they came from.

To Customer Support of LEGO and Amazon: I thank you very much to show me places where I could find wheels. That was Christmas in April for my grandchildren. We had a great time all together.
Angelika Giese.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great set to build vehicles and at a great price ..., November 1, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Education Wheels Set 4598357 (286 Pieces) (Misc.)
This is a great set to build vehicles and at a great price through Amazon. You will need to supplement with a basic brick set, this is basically just the "bones" of the vehicle.

LEGO Education Wheels Set 4598357 (286 Pieces)
$44.95 $43.42