Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 24, 2011
Partial list of contents: Qty (4) wheels that are 1-1/8" diameter, Qty (28) wheels that are 13/16" , Qty (16) wheels that are 9/16", Qty (4) "small" windshields, and Qty. (4) "large" windshields, Qty. (12) steering wheels. Numerous grey colored plates for car chassis, colored pieces for fenders, axels. This set only includes the parts to create the "frame" of the car (i.e. wheels, windshields, chassis, fenders, axels,and steering wheels). You'll need additional Lego pieces to create the bodies of the cars. The product description listed on Amazon says there are four wheel sizes, but I think that's a mistake and there are only three sizes.

My sons (ages 6, 4, 3) enjoy creating new cars for their Lego men. Or, they simply attach wheels to a Lego man so he can roll. I think these are great because kids can use their creativity to build simple cars without the blueprints of more complex Lego sets.
on March 3, 2012
OK, I admit it, I vacuum up a lot of Legos. When I notice I've done this, I try to go through the dust cup and fish them out. However, sometimes, when it is really full, I just can't bring myself to do it. This leads me back to the title of this review, you can never have enough wheels, or axles for that matter. When you buy a Lego set that has a car in it, they don't give you extra wheels, so if you have vacuuming *issues* like I do, you NEED this set.

This set comes with 3 different sized wheels (and hubs), I know the description says 4, but it is wrong. You will also find fixed sized axles, and half axles that can be placed on a car as far apart as you want them to be so that you can make cars of varying widths. In addition, you will find windshields, steering wheels, flat plates for creating the base of the car and little angled pieces for putting on the sides of the tires to make it look like they have fenders.

You will need additional Lego pieces for creating the rest of the car(s). For most of us parents that won't be a problem, just lift up the couch and sweep out all the Lego pieces that have migrated under there. I'm sure you will find enough to create the rest of the bodies for these cars. The enclosed pieces are enough to make 12 chassis at one time. In addition to the crazy cars my boys have created using these pieces, they have also used this set for replacement parts for all their police and fire vehicles from the Lego City sets.

Pay close attention to the product picture so you know exactly what you are getting. If you do not have lots of Legos already at your house and you are looking for a complete set for building vehicles, you may want to look at a different product. Here is one that may interest you: LEGO Bricks and More Fun with Vehicles 4635. Set 4635 won't make as many vehicles at once, but it is a complete set with instructions for all the vehicles shown on the box. The Lego Wheel set is more for those that are looking to create their own designs and for those looking for replacement parts.

Remember, you are never too old to play with Legos!
88 comments|119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2012
In our house, the 4 adults play with legos more than the one child. We had created many things with the base set that the child got for Christmas, but we were starting to come to the end of the possibilities. I realized that what we really needed was wheels and axles. This pack is awesome! Several different sizes of wheels/tires. Comes with a bunch of thin chassis pieces. The day this came in the mail, we spend several hours creating 10 - 12 vehicles. Our lego love is renewed.
on August 18, 2012
I bought these for my sons 9th birthday party. There were enough wheels for each of the 10 boys to build a Lego car with. I had other Legos they used also. But this set was the wheels and windshields etc. The party was awesome! They were totally content, building, racing them, then taking their cars home in a goodie bag.
on May 10, 2014
I am a grandmother now and kept all the LEGOs my boys played with for over thirty years, washed and dried them. My grand kids, five and seven years old, enjoyed this treasure to build things out of phantasy. They did not want the wonderful sets they had received themselves and put together by Dad or Opa to take apart.

The game they invented was to build cars, let them run down a sloping board and the car not breaking and running the furthest was the winner. The problem was, the old wheels did not make it anymore. I promised to take care of that.

I looked up Lego.com (US): There was a set of wheels but they did not send it to Canada. Lego.ca did not have them. In the meantime I learned that they are not available anymore.

I wrote my story to Lego Customer Support and asked for help. To my great surprise I received a very nice letter giving me six websites to search for wheels. So I ordered two sets at Amazon. One (4598357)at Amazon.com and a different one (6118) at Amazon.ca which had the package coming from Japan. I kept the package to show them on a globe where they came from.

To Customer Support of LEGO and Amazon: I thank you very much to show me places where I could find wheels. That was Christmas in April for my grandchildren. We had a great time all together.
Angelika Giese.
on October 29, 2014
As the name implies, it is just wheels and connections for the wheels. I would have liked a set like this to have more fenders, front grills, back ends, and light options for vehicles included in the set.
on April 17, 2016
We used this set for our son's birthday party and it was a great hit. The kids could each build a vehilce and take it home. The contents are on the photo. The kit would be even better with more windows (we ran out even though only 5 kids were building vehicles) and some (basic) instructions for different types of vehicles.
review image
on December 17, 2011
My boys love legos and this set is a welcome addition. No more intense negotiations and arguing over who gets the wheels. There are few things more fun than seeing your children creating something. This set has all the pieces that are in high demand when children are in the lego building business.
on February 26, 2015
Let your children create from their own imagination. I believe that my son and daughter can learn by creating their own engineering lego toys using these with other bricks and pieces. The variety of wheels and axles allow for the creation of various lego vehicles and other things my kids can come up with beyond my own imagination! yay lego!

Lego quality is always top notch!
on January 4, 2015
Awesome add on kit! My sons Lego collection started with mostly kits. Therefore if he wanted to use bricks and create his own vehicle, he had to remove wheels from a kit. A relative purchased this for him on my suggestion snd I am very please with the quantity.

It came in a Lego box with several bags. It has everything you need to create the base of a vehicle, wheels, rims, steering wheels, bases,flats, etc.

This would make a great gift for a Lego lover or purchased as an add on to enhance a collection.